• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Like the above poster, I have a fear of failure. It's important to me that if I get started on a task, that I get it done right, otherwise I'll be really hard on myself for it. @_@ I know this isn't necessarily a good thing, and that failures do help you gain experience towards success, but it's the failure in itself that's pretty hard to take for me.

I also have a fear of what people think about me. For some reason, I care way too much about that. Maybe it's because I don't want to leave a negative impression or something like that. But recently however, I've done a really good job of not caring much about what people think about me if they're not people that are close to me.

I also have a good fear of heights...though rollercoasters have more or less helped me half-conquer this.

Shots and needles. I needed an iv when I had eye surgery once, and the nurses kept screwing up. It took about seven times before they got it right. It hurt.

Being neglected and pushed away by someone I thought was close. It happened before, and I'm afraid of it happening again.

the only things i am afraid of spiders, unstable heights, and the dark but only because i am a rational creature and rational creatures fear the dark for what could lurk within.

Last edited:
I'm seriously scared of spiders. I've had a few in my basement and I am scared to go downstairs because of them. I also fear needles, who doesn't? Creepy insects should keep their distance from me. If I go to an amusement park and go on a bigger ride, I get scared thinking I'm going to fly off... I know I'm missing more, but for now, the last thing I could think of is my fear of not getting taller than 5',0''. :/

Okay - this is really weird.

I love snakes and I'm indifferent to spiders (I loved feeding them crickets in bio lab!). Centipedes, whatever.
So what am I afraid of, you ask?
... *takes deep breath*

Swing sets. Swings. Anything suspended by a string/rope/chain/whatever, really. They unnerve the crap out of me. I can't go to amusement parks that have swing rides because I start having a major anxiety attack and have to leave. I have no idea why I have this fear, and luckily I'm not exposed to swings on a daily basis, but I get the same feeling from hanging lights in restaurants, and if a server bumps the lights, no no no. I start losing my mind... I've asked my family to switch places with me so I don't have to see it, you wouldn't believe the looks they give me...

I don't have many phobias, but there are some things I just hate sort of irrationally, rather than fear. For example, sleep, spiders, and death. I do legitimately fear snakes, bees, and injections, though.

your last pokemon on battle subway, and they are sending out there last one, possibly countering my one D:

...........and SCP 096

I have pedophobia, which is a fear of children, infants or childhood. I don't mind children or my childhood, but I am scared of infants. I have never liked them even when I was a child, I hate how they constantly cry, I hate being near or next to one, I hate being touched by one and so on. I don't plan on having one, obviously, but I loathe how people think that I am a horrible person for not planning any. Or even worse, I hate it even more how people say that I'll probably get over my fear of babies in the future and have one, or that is what one person told me. >_>

I am also somewhat claustrophobic, although it isn't as worse as my fear of infants.

I think I have pyrophobia, or fear of fire. I can't stand near fire and people say that I'm weird but fire IS EXTREMELY dangerous and I shouldn't forget about my fear of having my house burned. And this is one of the reasons I don't like Fire-type pokemons. But there is something that I'm scared even more than fire and those are wasps. I hate those stupid bugs, they're evil! Spheksophobia is called and I consider myself lucky that I've never been stung by one. I also find puppets and dolls quite scary 0.0.
I remember that when I was young, I was terrified of spiders but it seems that now I don't mind them.

But there is something that I'm scared even more than fire and those are wasps. I hate those stupid bugs, they're evil! Spheksophobia is called and I consider myself lucky that I've never been stung by one.

I finally have a name for it! I've said earlier in this thread that I'm afraid of wasps, but let me rephrase that: I have spheksophobia.

I like finding the proper term for things.

Spheksophobiacs unite!
But in all seriousness, I have a fear of failure. I fear that someday I'll wake up and look around me and realize that I've failed at the most important aspects of life. People will remember me as a failure. There's a lot of my shoulders, so I really can't let myself fail. I'm pretty much centered around academia . . . you know, the kind of person who stays up in the middle of the night working. Engineering for lyfe. I'll work 'til my fingers bleed just to do it right. And the idea of failing scares me far more than wasps.

I have a fear of weakness, athazagoraphobia (an uncontrollable fear of being forgotten, ignored or abandoned), atelophobia (fear of imperfection), gelotophobia (fear of being laughed at), and sociophobia (a fear of social gatherings or being around people).

Hmm.. I'm a pretty pathetic and scared human being. I'm a hardcore arachnophobe and anti-bug maniac for one. I went into the African pavilion once years ago at the Toronto Zoo and into the Hall of Arachnids, and straight up fainted.
I also have a really strong fear of heights, escalators, elevators, climbing trees, circus rides, anything that means I'm off the nice safe ground and in the sky. Ironically enough my favourite Pokemon type is flying and I have no qualms with airplanes.
I get startled easily in general, and any kind of situation that involves tension, horror, thrills, jumpscares, gore, blood, violence, or even just being taken out of a daydream suddenly makes me jump or unnerved. It's not as bad in movies and so forth, but I will never see a horror movie. Ever. Also, never again will I go on one of those outdoors Halloween hikes where you follow a group along a trail that's littered with what might be corny things to some like jump scares, creepy decor and ambience. I will hang onto the person closest to me and sob until the whole thing is finished, and then not sleep for a week.
Also, the dark. Man, I start thinking about every single creepy critter that appears in Pewdiepie's horror playthroughs and the next thing you know I'm camping out in the living room with a light on.

I'm bathophobic. I can't stand being near deep water, I always think I will drown.

I don't think anyone came up with a word for this, but I fear swimming with jellyfish. They give me the creeps.

Theme park rides... in particular roller coasters. I hate the feeling of being strapped in and not in control, plus the horrible weightlessness feeling you get in your stomach.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom