• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Electricity. I'm so careful not to be electrocuted.

Sometimes it becomes a problem, even. When I worked at a swimming pool, I probably took years off my life having panic attacks every time I plugged in the water vacuum. Though I have been shocked before, including from the water vac. It was more terrifying than painful.

Also a fear of not being able to pay off my debt in a reasonable amount of time. Seriously, fuck you educational system.

For years I've had arachnaphobia and I would freak out if I saw a spider, even if it was a realistic looking one like a rubber tarantula, but over time it died down and don't freak out when I see any kind of spider at all.

Also I tried looking for a definition but couldn't find one but I also have a fear of the unknown if that counts. Generally of the uncertainty of events that are yet to come.

My main fears are:
- Heights (A little more mild than most though)
- Spiders
- Tornadoes (A rather big fear. At one point, simple photographs would give me chills.)
- Needles (Even safety pins are a source of anxiety for me just because part of them resembles a needle.)

Becoming low tier or mediocre. Being hated. Being weak. Being abandon. Disappointing people. Disappointing myself. Girls. Power that I that I failed to obtain. Weakness. Failure. Dehydration. Becoming sterile. Being alone. Making mistakes. My auditory waking dreams. Losing respect. Losing my self respect. Losing my self.

I'm scared of long term commitment because of past events, especially in a romantic relationship. But I would NEVER. EVER cheat on someone. That's just mean under nearly all the circumstances. I guess it's somewhat erotophobia except from the fact that I've never xed the y, and won't for quite a while.

And the though of death is enough to terrify me. It started when my Nana died and I realised I never told her I loved her. I hate myself for it, she was the person who made me turn from that greedy little boy to someone who's determined to give. So necrophobia.

And certain structures like bridges and balconies scare me shitless. Like, super shitless. Though I love planes. So I guess partial acrophobia.

I'll probably die alone, and I'm afraid I won't be able to come to terms with that as I get older. I scare myself wondering about getting married or having kids, and if I will really regret some of the decisions I will eventually make regarding those things.

I fear some of those various religions might actually be true in the end, because their concepts/ideas of afterlife sound worse than the actual life here. I could explain this a bit further, but it is 00:30 AM now and I am feeling a bit sleepy. The idea of karma scares me a bit, too. I don't fear death per se, though, I am actually quite conformable with the idea of death (I just hope it all ends after dying). Anyway, besides those two weird fears, I fear having too much responsibility in my hands, as well as long term commitment. Just nope. I also fear losing my sight or hearing. And cockroaches.

For me I really hate being home alone for extended periods of time, and by extended I mean a day or two. I can't help but freak out during the night time when I hear noises, because I tend to be very pessimistic and imagine the most absurd things, so really in all I'm really jittery.

And if there's any actual creature that's sends shivers down my spine well it's maggots, leeches, parasites, and anything similar to them. They make me squeamish.

I only have one, which is agliophobia, the fear of pain. Mental pain I'm cool with, but I absolutely fear getting hurt. Punching, poking, jabbing, just ugh. Can't stand the thought of pain.

Fear of being alone, or isolated. You don't know what's out there, and your pretty helpless.

Fear of the unknown, I'd just call human nature.

I fear the phone ringing only to get a call that someone has died. I don't know what you would call that, but it's one of my phobias.

I also somewhat fear the nighttime because I struggle with insomnia/night terrors and a few times it has gotten extremely severe. So I sometimes get anxieties surrounding the night.

On a less serious note, I have a phobia of carpenter ants with wings because living in Florida, our house became infested with them a few times in the past. Terminex saves the day. :p

I fear being told someone close to me has died, whether it be a friend or family member. That initial phone call, like the above poster, or that text message or post on Twitter/Instagram. A distant friend of mine posted something the other day about her boyfriend having died and it made me think so hard about my entire life and how that girl's life was probably turned upside down thrice over. That's something I fear greatly. I also fear my own death and falling from a great height.

I've been living with an abusive flatmate who has driven me out of my own living accomodation. Unfortunately I don't have a picture but if you are in Wellington NZ I would advise avoiding a dangerous and manipulative young man named Cameron Reynold (Not sure if I remember the last name right).

Besides what I've mentioned earlier in the thread, Chozo Ghosts in Metroid Prime and that fucking Lagiacrus in Monster Hunter 3, it's one of the main reasons I've never played that game since playing the quest that involves diving in its waters, a quest that I recall being required. Besides that, I don't recall anything from video games I've played significantly scaring me.

Back
Top Bottom