• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

I used to be terrified of shower heads up until I was 14. I'd never look at them and would either close my eyes in the shower or look to the floor. Now I'm perfectly fine!
However my currents fears is a rather long list.

• Spiders - I don't just go 'eek!' when I see one. Oh no, I go into a full-on panic attack, complete with tears, screaming, running, and vomiting from being so scared. Even seeing a picture of a spider scares me.
• Needles/Vaccination - Another thing that freaks me out as much as spiders, God-damn needles. I almost kicked a nurse and the face during the School vaccinations because she was forcing me down, along with another nurse who a almost punched. Luckily I managed to get out of having them and I haven't had a vaccination since and I don't plan on having one since. And to all those people saying 'I'm putting everyone in danger!" Shut up. Seriously, Shut the hell up.
• Doctors and Dentists - Similar to the above fear.
• Going blind - NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. Going deaf I could handle, but going blind? N.O.P.E.
• Getting a disease like cancer - Just awful.. All those needles I'd have to have, and the operations, and being stuck in a hospital and….. Knowing my luck I'd probably die as well….
• Being hated - Self explanatory.
• Dying - Another self-explanatory one.
• Bushfires and losing everything in one.

Other smaller fears include:
• Clowns
• Those mascot costumes, like the ones you see at Disneyland.
• The ocean - It fascinates me and scares me at the same time.
• Losing a limb
• Antique dolls and toys - They're usually creepy as hell.

A bunch of things. The biggies are heights, flying, needles, bees/wasps, and losing my limbs or my eyesight. I am also deathly afraid of fire, even though I love looking at it and admiring it from afar. I almost had a panic attack when I went to a teppanyaki restaurant for the first time. XD

Spiders and any bugs - they freak me out, I can't even be in the same room as them.
Shots - I'm so-so on this, I just don't like the pain. But I would rather get one than to have someone else get sick because I didn't get vaccinated.
Clowns - full stop they scare me. I can't watch anything with clowns or be anywhere near them without me worrying they might do something.

Spiders, thunder, darkness? No problem.
I used to be terrified of toilets though. And they still give me the chills. :/
Other than that.. Well, I can't handle too much gore or blood, I get nightmares (if I'm able to sleep at all). I think it's the color though.. Because different colors or like, "bug-ish" blood isn't that bad.

And being hated/rejected by someone I care about..

There's more ofcourse, but those are my biggest fears.

Last edited:
I'm afraid to never be happy in my profession. Cause I graduated in obligation, I dont really love what I do, neither hate. I just don't want to continue in a job that's for mechanical reasons, Don't care so much about glamor and status at this point, since it has a lot of anti-ethical things in journalism.

I'm afraid to die and cease to exist. I had some experiences with life after death and seems afterlife exist, but anyway, nothing is 100% certain. right? Maybe life make no sense.

Actually in afraid of the current political situation our world is. It seems we are entering in a third world war? I hope not, but the crisis is big.

I also i have a "heathy" fear of losing my loved ones, my close friends and family. Or if anything bad happens to them, but I think it's normal to everyone.

I'm afraid of people who are fanatical, bigoted, shallow, homophobic racist or ignorant. My biggest fear is that they continue having these values, pass it to future generations and it never ceases to exist. It's a real fear, which sometimes makes me a little melancholic and without faith in humanity.

Last edited:
the largest thing is no longer death in itself but now it's dying without doing what i wanted out of fear of what others would think of me; in other words, i'm afraid of being so dedicated to living in the character of a public image of myself that i don't even mean to maintain that i forget about my interests and desires, if that makes sense.

- The common radical disasters that are more common in other places on the globe. XD
- One I could mention, PARASITES! The concrete ones like leeches and ticks, but also people who behave/live like parasites and suck your precious everything. Ugh...
- Being disabled in any way, mentally or physically.

A list of fears i have.
-Heights
-Living organisms getting harmed
-Death
-The undead
-Redead
-Ghosts
-

1. Spiders
2. Social Justice Warriors
3. Tumblr
4. The future and the uncertainty that comes with it
5. Independence
6. Stinkbugs
7. Losing my family, friends, and everyone I love
8. Clowns
9. Being hated/misunderstood/judged

Pool lights. It's so ridiculous I still go swimming in pools with them and my tolerance is about a foot and a half away from one, but don't ask me to look at one while underwater, and don't turn them ON when I'm in the pool fer crissakes or I will probably flip the fuck out. ^T__T^;;

So, yeah. Do you have an extreme fear of anything? I'm have apiphobia - I'm terrified of bees and wasps, but only IRL. I have no problems with Beedrill or other fictional bees, and for some strange reason bumblebees don't set me off.

Bees, wasps and hornets, especially hornets(I get uncomfortable when I see pictures of lots of bees even bee hives)
Being betrayed
Bullying and harassment both online and off
Being talked about behind my back(I have to try not to think about it)
Being hated and judged, people turning against me, mobbing behavior online
Fires especially house fires
Car accidents-its one big reason I dont drive

Cockroaches every night i just look around and there is one either crawling scary or flying with that scary noise it makes.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom