1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've overhauled the Bulbagarden forum rules. You should read the new set here !
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Bulbagarden is currently running a site-wide staff drive! Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Fear?

Discussion in 'Outside the Box' started by ShinjiLover, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Peekaboo Pikachu

Peekaboo Pikachu Not Just Any Yamask

Blog Posts:
    I have emetophobia - fear of vomiting. I think it started when I was 11. I got really sick and dry heaved. It was easily one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life so far, to put it mildly. I was so afraid of vomiting that I developed full-blown OCD over it.

I'm also afraid of choking on food, because I have choked a lot over the course of my life. When I was 3 and choked on a hard candy, I was so afraid of choking again that I refused to eat any solid foods. I had to be put back on formula and go to the doctor for weekly checkups to make sure I wasn't malnourished.

But the very worst choking incident happened when I was 9. I choked on a hard candy (again) and I went so long without oxygen that I nearly blacked out.

2. noworry

noworry soup

Blog Posts:
    I don't actually have a lot of fears, but I am still pretty angsty when it comes to those I have:

Tryphobia - Fear of holes and clusters.
    This one is surprisingly common, and I didn't know I had it untill a friend showed me a picture of a lotushead, which really disturbed me. A lot. I get uneasy just thinking about it...

Hemophobia - Fear of blood.
    Blood and gore have been my number 1 fear ever since I was a kid. It's really bad too, I can't even handle it in animation. The worst part about middle school was that sometimes the teachers would just put on a movie and I'd have no idea if it contaied a lot of blood? And if it did I'd just have to leave, because I just can't. look. at. it. It's somewhat better now, but it still bothers me so much, because sometimes I really want to watch something, but I'm too afraid of potential graphic violence. When I'm with friends they'll list of the extreme parts though, so that's good.

I'm also easily startled, so I'm no good with jumpscares, but that's just a minor thing.

AnimePsyclone likes this.
  3. canisaries

canisaries licks from that tongue hurt, trust me

Blog Posts:
    arachnophobia. i hate spiders. the way they walk, the way they can fling anywhere with their webs, the way they just look... i used to also have a fear of bugs, but strangely it started to melt away very fast after i learned about how arthropod legs work and just begun to see them as animals among other animals. spiders will never have this, though. they're demons and no one can convince me otherwise.

i also have a very strange, specific fear. i can't really describe it, but it appears when faces are drawn/illustrated a certain way. based on a dream i just had last night, i'd say it comes from some scary face i saw in my childhood. i can't remember what it looked like or where it was, but i'm sure something like that happened.

for some of my more mature fears: death (loved ones' or my own), existential stuff, fear of being judged, fear of never being happy.

4. Champion Bayleef

Blog Posts:
    Quite a lot:

- Height fear.

- Fear of losing other people, either by death or just because they end up being sick of me.

- Fear of blood.

- Fear of annoying or bothering people, fear that they hate me or think I'm annoying.

- Fear of bees, mosquitos and anything else with a stinger.

- Fear of spiders.

- Fear of drunk people like football supporters, party people and the likes.

- Fear of failure, I often feel like I fail at everything.

- Fear of violence, right-wingers, racists, anti-feminists/sexists, ableists and other assholes getting in power and hurting and oppressing people. Sadly, this fear is coming true in several countries.

- Fear of groups of men, I prefer the company of women. Also, when I'm on the train in the evening, I prefer sitting to a woman instead of a man, I just feel safer.

- Fear of big dogs, afraid they might bite.

- Fear of fire.

- Fear of needles, injections.

- Fear of eternal loneliness, this fear is coming true...