• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Re: Fears

Cockroaches! They are without a doubt the ugliest looking insects on the planet. Every time I spot one (or more) of those sneaky unwanted pests, I end up freaking out because of its ugly, disgusting, unattractive appearance. I can't even kill those pests because they look even uglier when they are dead or squashed.

I also have fears of getting stung by other insects.

I hate flying, I wouldn't really call it a fear so much...although yea, it is kind of...but I'll tolerate it, but I just hate airports and flying.

My biggest fear I think is the fear of rejection when it comes to girls. :/

Powertools. I keep having gross visions of a saw blade shooting at me. Ugh.

Oh! Also boats.us Ever since Titanic, I think that the boat I'm on is going to sink.

Alright, I know this sounds weird and really lame, but I have one of those fears that you'd probably see on Maury (like aluminum foil, styrofoam peanuts, etc.) For some reason, I'm terrified of computer viruses and pretty much any fatal computer problems. The blue screen of death would probably give me a heart attack XD I've been that way since I first used my gramps' computer when I was like five.

I'm also afraid of heights. :/

I have fears like that too. Only sometimes though, like druggies who look like they're going to rupture something... T.T Oh, and statues that are in angry poses. I don't know why.

EDIT: Thought of another one: I'm claustrophobic. Mildly. Like, think if your in an iron box and the air is being squeezed out and the walls are gettting tighter.

Alright, I know this sounds weird and really lame, but I have one of those fears that you'd probably see on Maury (like aluminum foil, styrofoam peanuts, etc.) For some reason, I'm terrified of computer viruses and pretty much any fatal computer problems. The blue screen of death would probably give me a heart attack XD I've been that way since I first used my gramps' computer when I was like five.

I'm also afraid of heights. :/

i actually had the blue screen of death on the computer im using right now. i phoned my uncle(who is a tecnition) he said, close the laptop and give it a bang on the table, i said, are you sure, he said yes. i did. and... its fine... im not even joking i got it both my hands and threw it agains the table... oh well.

i HATE spiders. my mum says its really weird because i love other insects, snakes and other such things that my creep someone my age out. just... spiders... i dont know why... i think its the way they walk...

I'm also afraid of being told I'm doing something wrong. It's not embarrassment, it's a phobia.

Thought of another:

Swarms. Especially locusts. This sucks, because I like in western Arizona right now and there are locusts ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I'm afraid of heights, kinda... it's weird. Like, I can handle being up on a bridge or a really tall building or in a plane. I can survive looking down. But it's just the really small heights, like when I'm up on a ladder or something that freak me out. Maybe I'm just afraid of being up there and not knowing if I'm safe.

I am afraid of loud, sudden noises (like thunder)
I am afraid of camel spiders. I mean just look at the size of that thing!

I am afraid of Catterpillars and death those are my two main fears.

1. Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Yellow Jackets, etc. Any kind of bee really. I don't even remember what it felt like when I got stung twice in the same spot when I was five, but I have lived in constant fear till now. Probably why I am able to avoid getting stung, I avoid them altogather.

2. Heights, and this one is situational. The one time I can be fine with it is when I am around water, such as water slides. Maybe video games that show water as countering falling great distances did that to me. And on the other hand, dying in certain games from heights may have gave me the original fear of heights.

3. Things I cannot comprehend. I don't like being made aware of these because I will keep trying to make sense out of them and hurt my head. These are things like eternity, dying not in light of religion (like the absense of afterlife, even though I thouroughly believe in Christianity), and what it will be like to live forever without video games. I realise I won't think like that when I get to heaven, but how can I understand that now?

Flying. I am terrified of flying. I know the chance of something happening while I'm onboard an airplane is really really really small, but it still scares the living crap out of me.

Oh and roaches. They freak me out like you wouldn't believe. When I see one, I just start screaming and won't stop until it's dead. (But I think bees are just adorable. I'm weird, I know.)

I would say "Vertical Heights." Like looking out from a balcony doesn't freak me out, but looking down does. Same for planes, can't look down but looking out or up is fine with me.
Not sure when it developed, but it's been around for a few years at least.

Same here. I get a really weird feeling in my body whenever I look down from a 19th floor balcony

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom