• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Centipedes, Millipedes, Earwigs, anything that crawls.

.....they can crawl anywhere. In your ears, inside your mouth, up your nose, er--inside of certain other places, and even in your eye sockets...

Snakes, Spiders, Crocodiles, Thunderstorms. (Can't explain the last one...)

- spiders. my first encounter with a spider was at the age of three, and unfortunately it was probably with the largest spider i have ever encountered. watching the white arachnid lethargically move across the wall gave birth to a new, visceral, previously unknown terror within me. since then i've always been afraid of spiders, but this fear has dissipated a bit with time.

- drowning. i can't swim, and i'm absolutely terrified of asphyxiation of any sort, but particularly drowning. it just seems like a grueling and agonizing process, and i'd rather not go through that.

- starfish. like why are they alive

- growing old/decay. suicide notwithstanding (and obviously it isn't a viable option), this looks inevitable. i don't fear death, i just fear the time when i have to take my last breath. i recognize that when i die, i won't be the same person that i am today. i mean, i'm relatively healthy in spite of a couple of minor birth defects that don't affect me, but when i die i know how ruined my body might be and that terrifies me.

- living alone for the rest of my life. the whole 'forever alone' thing and the 'friendzone' spiel that people go on are generally self-fulfilling prophecies and total bullshit respectively, but i genuinely believe that i might grow old without having any friends. i'm socially avoidant and extremely meek in public and this is a problem that i want to circumvent before it's too late.

- being a novelty to my friends on a level that i don't yet realize. there was a window of time in my life where i could not make friends because i was afraid that they were making fun of me behind my back. well now that i've matured this isn't as much of an issue as it once was but i think that i still worry that my friends don't really like me for who i am sometimes, but that i'm just the token [something -- it's not black guy i don't think because most of my friends are friends with other black people] in their menagerie of comrades and that troubles me a bit. i do my best not to think about it.

Death, castration, full body paralysis, heart failure, vegetation, loss of more than one limb, blindness, or any creature or crazy fucker who could inflict such damage on me. I can deal with having no money, being stranded, divorced, or having multiple illegitimate kids to pay child support for, just not anything that would mean living my life on a wheelchair or not being able to eat, drink or not live carefree.

I'm fearful of any severe injury, which includes the mental kind as well. I'm deathly afraid of ever having a family, as bad as that may sound to some. I'll also freak the hell out when a cockroach is near by, the name alone gives me chills.

I'd also freak out when a cockroach is nearby, the name alone drives chills down my spine, up my nawtsack, and then vomits itself out of my mouth sersioulsy! I mean, the word "roach" already is only "en" away from encroach, but 908027_bassette_chicken_cock_and_hen.jpg ???? Who in the world would want an animal smelling like sewage drained out of the gutter brandishing that name right near them, and not one, but multiple? I get tempted to blow my brains out from just the thought in all honesty. I'm so weak, mentally weak man. Nobofdy wants to hear my bitching about how I'm scared of my own male kind, but it's the truth.

I sometimes think that in a perfect world, none of this would exist: kates_cock.jpg

Would you want one of those inside you? Yuck!!

Necrophobia- Fear of death or dead things. I don't wanna die, there are things I wanna do. And I don't like being around dead things, it's smells rancid and it is pretty sad.

Tocophobia- Fear of pregnancy or childbirth. Not for other people, but for myself. I HATE BABIES. I'm not afraid of them, I just don't like them.

Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old. I WANNA ENJOY MY YOUTH.

Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.

Dishabiliophobia- Fear of undressing in front of someone. Sure seems like it. I REALLY don't like to undress in front of people, even my family or closest friends.

Virginitiphobia- Fear of rape. Who wouldn't?
Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse. Who wouldn't?

I used to fear escalators, but I outgrew that when I was 6. I also used to fear heights.

Am I the only one here who doesn't mind spiders?I just don't like being caught in their webs. If I see a spider that doesn't look dangerous, I'll pick it up and let it spin silk and hang on my arm and stuff...hehehe~
I ADORE lizards, and some bugs. The great thing about liking creepy-crawlies is that so many people are afraid of them. And by not fearing them, I can pick 'em up and throw 'em at people to scare them. lulz.

I don't know the fancy Latin names for them, but my biggest fears:

• Disease carrying insects, more afraid of being stung by one, contracting the disease it carries.

• Separated from family, and never seeing them again or passing away separated from family

• biggest fear is dying a natural disaster especially tsunami, Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami left me traumatized for life, even if I was nowhere near Japan. Everytime I hear about an earthquake on TV, I start sweating, hoping a tsunami hasn't been triggered.

* Adult Men (IRL)
* Dogs
* Cats
* Fire and Heat - I've never been able to cook because of this.

They are all major phobias that have been tough to overcome, but I've been working on overcoming them.

*Ophidiophobia - I am terrified of snakes after a bad experience with one in my childhood. But I'm working on getting over it.
*I also have a fear of rejection. I found no word for this.

The rest of my fears, I confronted and got over.

The best you could say is that I don't like the dark and heights. I'm not feared enough of them to not approach, just feeling unconfortable sometimes...

I suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles; however only hypodermic ones), hemophobia (fear of blood; limited to realistic/real blood though - I found the opening to Elfen Lied absolutely hilarious) and traumatophobia (fear of injury).

All of these, are commonly linked together.

Because of these phobias, I am nearly 25 years old and have never been admitted to the hospital for an injury.

Oh, I used to be afraid of the dark (who wasn't), and I still am sort of, but its more of a paranoia sort of fear involved with not being able to see my surroundings.

I'm afraid of the ocean to the point where I often won't go into it in video games, and of the loss of order and control.

I don't think it's anything big, but I've been noticing a rapid decline in my willingness to use stairs, especially if they're see-through or have gaps in between the steps. I've been noticing I get tense and shaky when going down them, which just becomes worse when someone talks to me or comes too close. I guess it stems from the violent attitudes of some of the older children going up and down stairs in school. ;;

Apiphobia-bees/
Melissophobia
Aichmophobia-Needles,man I hate them

Autophobia-I guess I could say that,kind of noticed that im not a fan of being alone/

Eremophobia

Genophobia- Fear of sex.

Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.
Thanatophobia or Thantophobia- Fear of death or dying

Just a copy paste of my fears.

Back
Top Bottom