• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you have in common with your favorite character?

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
What do you have in common with your favorite Anime character?

A favorite character usually is somebody you identify with for some reason. If you choose somebody as your favorite, it's often because you also have something in common with them.
Now tell us what exactly you share with them! Is it their humor, their coolness or just another quirk of theirs?

---
---

As everybody knows that I adore Cynthia more than anybody else, there's no need to tell you who my favorite Anime character is.
Now, what do I have in common with Cynthia?
Admittedly, it's not the gender but I do share one of her most distinctive features, her indecisiveness in everyday situations.
I said everyday situation because here I have to differentiate. Cynthia wouldn't be the greatest Pokemon Champion ever if she couldn't decide which move to use in a battle, so her indecisiveness must clearly be limited to unimportant situations only, like for example which ice cream to choose.
And the same goes for me. I often have a hard time deciding what to do in certain situations, for example I could spend hours deciding where to go when I go out in the evening or what to do in my free time. Just like Cynthia! If my angel was real, we would definitely be twins.
Also, I usually work very hard and never give up if something really arouses my interest. If I have a fixed goal in mind, I'm determined to give it all I've got to reach that goal at all costs. Just like Cynthia who said in "Top Down Training":
When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly.
Yes, I guess I've got the Cynthia-gene ^^

And there's a last thing I have in common with the Pokemon Queen.
At the moment I'm taking my final university exams and I hope to graduate soon. For the written exams you need a password to ensure that the exams are anonymous so that nobody is favored by the markers.
Now I'll give you three guesses: Which name do you think I chose? ;) ..... Right!
It was so unique when I got the official confirmation from our Department of Education, saying that my official nickname was "Cynthia". I was so proud! Dear Pokemon Queen, bring me luck!

Last edited:
Re: What do you have in common with you favorite character?

I don't think you have to have anything in common to like a character. Brock is my favourite character but admittedly I really don't have anything in common with him at all.

Re: What do you have in common with you favorite character?

I'm nothing like Musashi temper-wise, but I guess I have a similar way of thinking about things as her. Always having an unpopular opinion about everything, thinking outside of the box... I'm also as selfish as her. Well, almost.

The only thing I can think of that I have in common with Dento is that I try to be polite, optimistic and cheerful...other than that...I don't sparkle, spin or anything like that

Hmmm this is a very interesting topic :)

My favorite character is Musashi, but I don't think I have a lot in common with her... except that I am a very hard worker and serious about my job/schoolwork/education, just like she is serious about the work she does for Team Rocket.

It is really hard to find common things with characters in Pokémon to me because most characters are pretty flat or I enjoy certain characters because I like them for comedy value or the story behind them.

My favourite humans are Haruka, Kojiro and Musashi. K&M for their crazyness and fleshed out characters, but I wouldn't say I have much in common with those two in particular. I can be gentle like Kojiro and sometimes crazy and short tempered like Musashi, but that's stretching it.

With Haruka it is even harder to find common traits.

Now if you were talking about One Piece...*cough*

Truth to be told, my favourite characters don't need to be like me to be my favourite characters at all.

Well, I don't have interest in romance/love like Ash, but by choice rather than obliviousness. I try to be as nice as he is, but I'm not action hero savior nice like he is. I try to just use Pokemon I like, but I'm not really good at it. Its like Ash is everything I wish I was.

This is an interesting topic.
Now, what do I have in common with May...
We both love food and we are optimistic. I try to see the bright side of every situation in life. I'm sorta nice with everyone, even if I dislike them. And... I guess our look is important too.
That's pretty much what I could find.

Like Misty, I'm also hot-tempered yet sweet and caring. I love to be sarcastic and I can be bitchy, but only when I need to. And I love food like crazy. (You guys seem to be forgetting the times Misty spazzed over food. It wasn't just May.) :3

Yes, Misty's my favorite character. Go ahead, shoot me.

What do I have in common with Blue/Gary Oak? Hmm, the simplest thing is going to be his personality in Gen 1 and 2/Kanto and Johto. Originally he was extremely confident in his skills. Some people might say its being cocky, but i've always thought that its not being cocky when you can back it up. Blue was always ahead of Red and even became the Champion. That makes him more skillful than LANCE. The Dragon Master himself. Gary was also always ahead of Ash and even managed to obtain TEN different gym badges in Kanto.

Now, after Blue/Gary lost to a trainer, when he next appeared in Gen 2/after Orange Islands he was more respectful and more humble.

The entire thing is me to a tee. I sometimes have to tell people that i'm not cocky just confident. If i'm good at something I won't downplay my abilities, BUT when I was younger I could get a little arrogant. After sometime i've managed to get over that and i'm more respectful to people.

A few other ways i'm similar to Gary is that I enjoy having people cheer me on. Gary's seen as the exceptional trainer from the start. People were all there to cheer him on and everyone expected great things from him. The same could be said for me in my life.

Like Dawn, I have a difficult time accepting defeat. Earlier this school year, I didn't make it into All-Region choir and was pretty devastated. I feel that if I continue to try, however, I can be successful. I mean, Dawn was the runner-up in her first Grand Festival because she persevered.

Like Dawn, I can rock a pink dress like nobody's business[/JOKE... PINK DOESN'T LOOK GOOD ON ME :p]

Like Gible, I bite.

Like Ash, I really get excited when I find something new or when I visit new places.

I have nothing in common with my favorite characters. I can't talk to much about the main anime characters, I do like and accept all of them for who they are, even if they irritate me (though there is a couple of exeptions).

Most of my favorite characters are actually those the anime hasn't touched (Brendan, Lucas..). I guess it's because of the mystery behind them.

As to who's been introduced. Cynthia I guess, if I do have something in common with her it's an interest in ancient history and wanting to find the answers of things. Other than that is some admiration for the character. Same happens with Domino, some kind of weird admiration, but weird amusement of her obsession with Giovanni. xD

N may fall in this category. I adore the guy, really interesting individual. Let's see if the anime handles him well.

I am a socially inept nerd like Conway. And I suspect I've creeped more than a fair share of people out within my time.

I'm not a bitch and I never use sarcasm, so I have absolutely nothing in common with Urara.

I have very little in common with J. Really, very little indeed, save for my misanthropic streak. But I couldn't compete with that level of badass in a million years.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom