• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you like/want in the future Pokemon anime?

What do you like/want/miss in the Pokemon anime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
- you can write about it all too.
- You have 6 choices
- this poll will close after 400 days

I grew up watching the Johto anime. Like, I watched a lot of the OG series too, but the Johto anime is what I know. All those filler episodes are what I know. And I loved them. I've always sort of loved series that were more episodic. Like, they have their place in this world. And having an anime where it has a main plot, but can have different filler episodes to fill in the gaps make it really fun. I love seeing those. And of course, character development.

I want something very specific :D
Sword and Shield anime pitch. Imagine this --- The show starts with a new protagonist walking by a store with a tv airing the pokemon championship. It shows the final battle of the championship, Pikachu vs another pokemon. As Pikachu defeats the other pokemon the camera zones out revealing Ash as it's trainer with the announcer announcing his victory. (can be his 1st one or 5th one). The main protagonist doesn't care to much about the event and walks into a forestish park for a hike. while walking farther in the forest to explore, a certain pokemon notices him. Scorbunny, a pokemon who has always wanted to be a pokemon master spotted his new trainer. Scorbunny would have to find a way to approach his new trainer in the best way possible, but that ends up backfiring as he ends up starting a forest fire to get the new protagonist attention. The protagonist does notice the bunny only after starting to run away from the forest fire that seems to be chasing him. A while later after the fire is put out Scorbunny does not seem to leave the protagonist's side. Scorbunny even hands the protagonist his treasured Pokeball to throw at him. Tho the main character not caring to fight, brushes this off at first, Scorbunny does not give up so easily. Even tho he is not officially his trainer scorbunny ends up dragging the main character to the first gym in town. This is where the main protagonist starts to gain interest in the game and starts his pokemon journey.

If a new protagonist was ever made I really would love for his/her pokemon to have a strong personality and be more of a character then a pokemon sent into battle. Thats why I think scorbunny would be the perfect companion for a new trainer, he has a strong base character as well as he can express more movement than a good amount of other pokemon. (he is more cartoonish looking). A new protagonist would have to work well around an over the top kind of pokemon like scorbunny so I was thinking of a protagonist that was more casual or quiet while the bunny did all the extream dragging around. It could cause some great situations. Like the main character getting dragged into things that let him try new experiences, he has never tried before. Or to make new friends, he may of never met without his/her pokemon partner. (on top of all this, I guess what I would really love to see is Scorbunny think that they are both celebrities while in reality they really aren't) ^_^

Since the Island Challenge has disappointed me, I hope with gyms back that the major battles in Sw/Sh will be good. I want some long, detailed battles with Ash utilizing the majority of his team.
Gyms are set to return in Sword and Shield, so I think you'll get your wish.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom