• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers What do you NOT like about USUM?

- Stakeout- if you give this ability then make the pokemon get switching moves like dragon tail.

- water compaction- should boost both stats: def and sp.def and half the water damage actually

-Emergency Exit and Wimp Out- if you create a new similar ability of the same name, why not make it even better?
like allow the pokemon to switch with exactly 50% hp out and not calculate the further damage.
Or with wimp out make U-turn get priority.

-didn't like the decreasing and small amount of ice type pokemon but understand its a hot island clima.

- still waiting for a fire type with soundproof ; a grass , electric , ghost, psychic , ice type with sheer force and more.

- they could have made sparkling aria(self burn-healing during single battles) and liquid voice(-boost power and doubles effect rate of sound moves) better but they can iprove them next generation.

- abilities like Power of Alchemy and Receiver should work also during "single" battles like moves Pollen Puff and Sparkling Aria do.

- dont like that many abilities that steal only items have diffrent names, especially by cool ones like Magician

- some moves like Beak Blast should be given to more pokemon... I like signature moves for a generation but then again want them on other pokemon that could be able to use them if not legedary only...

- weird that Vespiquen didnt t gett Queenly Majesty

- still waiting for "Stall" to get a buff or relation to quenly majesty and other abilities and moves more.
Stalling would make sense if there was healing behind it ... then its only a flinch weak option...
(wait till we get a new pokemon with new ability that will be immune to faster pokemon attacks, not only priority, all faster then itself, maybe contact or special moves, that depends)

- still waiting for a more darker and more sinister ability version of = Serene Grace- with a good name for ghost, dark , fighting and bug types. Rising % of effectivnes is also important.

Last edited:
USUM took all the good faith that SM gave me and threw it away. I liked SM because it felt like GF were finally trying to shake up the series in some ways. And while it did have many glaring flaws I was willing to forgive them because of the new direction. USUM was the most blatant cash grab I've ever seen GF pull, and that's coming from the series that has sells pretty much the same game twice. And in their attempt to tweak the games to be different enough to sell again they absolutely killed the single best thing SM had going for it. The story of SM was simple, but it had a lot of heart and it really touched me. Fast forward to USUM and they shoved Lillie into a corner, turn Nebby into a plot device so that Necrozma can mega evolve (but not really mega evolve because gimmicks in this series are thrown away like they never mattered once they're through with them), and hey this time Lusamine is just a misunderstood good guy and Lillie and Gladion are just too stupid to see that. So yeah sure I get to take pictures with my pokemon and surf but at the expense of the best part of SM being thrown into a wood chipper and forgotten.

Many story arcs from SM are ruined. Lillie's story arc was destroyed with Lusamine getting turned into a misunderstood good guy and many scenes (like the Exeggutor Island scene for example) have been completely removed.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I think that the new Ultra Beast areas (found through Ultra Wormholes) actually add a fair amount to the Ultra Beast's lore, particularly Guzzlord's area.

I've played all the games from being a kid, but Rainbow Rocket didn't add anything for me, either. Mainly because it was just a gauntlet of Rocket grunts with Rocket Pokémon with little variation other than the leaders. Did not get the nostalgia hit that I was expecting.

Would've been nice if they were easy to get to though... I didn't go to them because playing that mini game and not having a 100% chance is annoying. I got Nihilego and three shinies in like 5 runs but then I got bored

Would've been nice if they were easy to get to though... I didn't go to them because playing that mini game and not having a 100% chance is annoying. I got Nihilego and three shinies in like 5 runs but then I got bored

The UB portals are always white, so it's not too hard to find them all! I ended up bumping into a few duplicate worlds on my way to seeing them all. I have no interest in catching anything in there, since I have every Legendary anyway. Every UB too, but the lore was really nice. Plus, I guess it's always nice to have a spare or two.

The UB portals are always white, so it's not too hard to find them all! I ended up bumping into a few duplicate worlds on my way to seeing them all. I have no interest in catching anything in there, since I have every Legendary anyway. Every UB too, but the lore was really nice. Plus, I guess it's always nice to have a spare or two.

I know that but it's still effort. Also, I can never seem to get passed around 2000. I got to Nihilego and Buzzwoles then I decided the mini game is too annoying and stopped

They really do, honestly. It's nice being able to actually see what their home world are like (and nice being able to just catch as many as you want, but that's another thing entirely.)
They didn't include areas for Blacephalon and Stakataka though, which is kinda meh.

Rainbow Rocket would have been much better if they'd been spread across the islands and had their own storyline. Maybe one mission per team leader, kinda like the UB Missions?
As it is, it feels like they just put them all together without much substance. Taking over Lusamine's mansion is one thing (and Festival Plaza), but imagine if they had taken over lots of other places in Alola, and we had to push them back out. They would have felt like more of an actual threat then.
Apparently, there was an interview where it was stated that the Rainbow Rocket episode was almost a last-minute decision: they originally only planned for the Team Leaders to be cameos for the battle facilities, but they decided that would be underwhelming. Given this and the fact that Game Freak took out the UB missions, it seems like Game Freak was planning on subtracting the post game content until they realized that what they were doing was a bad idea.

The continued of Kanto fanservice, a tutorial that takes 30 minutes just to get through it and just overall lackluster post-game, at least the post-game was better than SM's post-game. I wish it took more pages to how the Gen 5 games handle their tutorials: giving a basic explanation for the player then letting the player start their adventure instantly.

The continued of Kanto fanservice, a tutorial that takes 30 minutes just to get through it and just overall lackluster post-game, at least the post-game was better than SM's post-game. I wish it took more pages to how the Gen 5 games handle their tutorials: giving a basic explanation for the player then letting the player start their adventure instantly.
Lol was it XY that actually let you catch Pokémon before the tutorial? Or am I mistaken? Cuz they could/should TOTALLY implement that and if you get to the tutorial and they tutor notices that you’ve caught Pokémon, they should skip it.

Lol was it XY that actually let you catch Pokémon before the tutorial? Or am I mistaken? Cuz they could/should TOTALLY implement that and if you get to the tutorial and they tutor notices that you’ve caught Pokémon, they should skip it.
Totally

Yes, some kids have older siblings or parents to help.

RSE/ORAS. You can catch pokemon before you reach the tutorial where you teach Wally.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom