• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you predict as the first route bird/small mammal pokemon?

Pokestar

Reaction score
Gen 1: Small Mammal:Rattata Bird: Pidgey

Gen 2: Small Mammal:Sentret Bird: Hoothoot

Gen 3: Small Mammal:Zigzagoon Bird:Taillow

Gen 4: Small Mammal:Bidoof Bird: Starly

Gen 5: Small Mammal: I'm thinking a Marmot based pokemon(specifically groundhog) maybe a mink
Bird:A Bald Eagle would be cool

Last edited:
hmm...i say maybe a prarie dog or meerkat for day and maybe a racoon for night as the mammal and for the bird hmm...maybe a humming bird

I'm thinking a possum for the rodent/mammal. Not so sure about the bird - the only ones I'm thinking of (penguins, kiwi, moa) all seem way too cool for an early bird.

A Dog thats Normal or Normal and Ground
Or maybe even a Cat thats Normal Psychic

As for the bird maybe a cute flying normal that has two evos. I dont know about the second evo but the third would be Electric/flying.

oh slightly off topic, i think it would be hilarious if zorua is the new small mammal that everyone eventually hates due to running into it far too often :p

oh slightly off topic, i think it would be hilarious if zorua is the new rodent that everyone eventually hates due to running into it far too often :p

Thatd be hilarious but I doubt it.
Zoroark is waay too cool to be the equivelant of the other rodents.

Zoroark=/=Bibarel

Thatd be hilarious but I doubt it.
Zoroark is waay too cool to be the equivelant of the other rodents.

Zoroark=/=Bibarel

lol true i didnt think it was very likely at all it would just have been as you said hilarious :)

But you can't deny the similarities between it and Mightyena

...True. On the other hand Mighteyana and Poocheyana arent the rodents of that gen. Some people might consider them but I think most people lean towards Ziggy and Linoone.

I actually thought Zoroarks sillhouette was a Mightey evo at first.

I am also guilty of thinking it a mightyena evo i still want one... zorua looks like eevee and poochyena had a love child...but i still think its cute

Mammal: Squirrel? Can we use it again, but make it less useless?

Bird: An eagle would be pretty awesome.

I am also guilty of thinking it a mightyena evo i still want one... zorua looks like eevee and poochyena had a love child...but i still think its cute

Eevee and Poochyana breed to make a...Zorua? Lol He sure looks like it.
Ah back on topic how about a squirrel for the rodent. I liked Pachirisu. (Except for his huge overbite)

Let's flip it around.

The Flyer will be a flying rodent. A bat or a squirrel.

The grounder will be a bird. A kiwi perhaps. Or a roadrunner.

hmm...another squirrel would be nice maybe make it part ground like a ground squirrel, i also think a badger would be cool, or how about a chipmunk?

Hmm..... This is a tough one. I thought Zoroark was a Mighteyena evolution as well...

I think the bird could be something so frickin' strong/awsome looking that people will just have to catch it, but then it totally reak in battle. That would be hilarious.

Well for birds we've had an pigeon, owl, swallow, and a starling
Maybe a robin or a woodpecker

For Mammals we've had a rat, ferret, raccoon, and beaver
maybe an opossum

I thinking a lot about the Early Bird being a Pheasant or Quail:
california-quail.jpg
Quail

Male_and_female_pheasant.jpg
Pheasant

With the evolution being a Peafowl:
Peacock_courting_peahen.jpg

I see Pheasant as being more likely, because of it's one long tailfeather becoming the giant fan after evolution.

SPOILER'D DUE TO HUGENESS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

EDIT: Fix'd

Back
Top Bottom