• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What do you think about Ash's new X&Y outfit?

fight me
Reaction score

Like every region before, Ash will be getting a new outfit. What do you think of this one?

I'm really digging the jacket, it looks a cross between Nate's and Calum's. The hat is a bit odd though, especially in that it's very similar to Red's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like this new outfit. I don't know whether it's just the art and his pose there (or maybe it's just me) but it kinda makes him look a little older too. I don't mind the hat either, looks pretty neat to me.

I'm just a kid, but...
Reaction score
Hmm... The hat looks like Red's hat... The outfit almost like Calem, especially the pants... The gloves and the shoes, seems doesn't change from the 5th gen...
I still like the BW version, this one looks like thinner (maybe because the pose)...

Reaction score
With a bit of difference his hat looks like red a bit.

As for the outfit itself I'll get use to it just I got use to sinnoh (since I tend to love his hoodie inspired outfits.)

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the outfit. The white lines on the blue jacket works really well and I like the lighter tone of blue compared to Calem's outfit. I really like the hat. It reminds me of Red's hat too, but I think that adds a nice bit of charm to the outfit. I'm not sure how I'd rank it compared to his other outfits just yet, but it has left a really good first impression on me.

She's like a rainbow
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
I love it, especially his jacket. I also like they went with a different type of hat for once. It feels fresh.

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Hell yeah this up there with sinnoh. Popped collar ash›hoodie ash, always. The baggy looking get up of BW was weird and the feel made him look younger. Thank god no giant yellow zipper as well! The white tones are cool, and I'm glad that its a secondary color again. The mimimalistic hat is the best bit, and I'm glad we're getting a new design. What's really crazy is how slim he looks. He not only looks older but he seems to be lankier then his sinnoh design and he was pretty thin there too. Overall I approve, a lot. Great way to start the hype, by giving us this first. XY is gonna be amazing I can feel it by this and that logo...

Pi-rygon
Reaction score
His jacket seems a little like the BW one, blue with white stripes. His hat seems a lot like the ones the protagonist from XY wear, except shorter and more rounded at the top. I have to agree with Zeb that Ash looks more mature. So GF finally ages him a little after 6 generations and 600+ episodes....

Borderland Sword
Reaction score
The outfit looks awesome to me and a bit reminiscent of Sinnoh's. The hat does give off a bit of a Red vibe. Like Sinnoh, he looks a bit older. All of this combined makes me hopeful that Ash will be a badass in X and Y. Or at least an equivalent to Sinnoh Ash.

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
So he stole Calem's pants? xD Kidding. He looks great, his new outfit is probably my favorite since the one he wore in Hoenn.

I like the hat too, since it is like a throwback to Red, the character Satoshi was originally based on. Now lets just hope Satoshi is as bad ass as he as in Sinnoh.

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
That's what makes the difference the pants! He always had the baggy jeans look and not the close fitting one. And yeah sinnoh badass migh as well happen.

Reaction score
The only problem I have is how bad the sewing lines on the hat stick out like a sore thumb. Previous hats didn't have this problem. But I like the jacket which look awesome.

C-3

Reaction score
The outfit looks awesome although I hate the new hat.

Reaction score
It is just great looking and I just cannot wait for this to happen.

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
I love it. It's a sleek new design that looks very different from his other clothes. One complaint I had about his BW outfit was that, while it was cute and had a hood (I love the hoods, even though he never uses them), this one looks sleeker and makes him look more mature.

Reaction score
This looks like a combination of his Unova clothes and Calem's look. He does mae Ash look older (made Game Freak will finally make him 11 years old now).

oh my
Reaction score
He definitely looks older, but the sad part is that he'll stay 10. The hat is nice, but it does make his head look a bit big. I'm not the biggest fan of the look, but that's only because I'm judging off of what I would wear in real life. My type of travel clothes would be gym shorts and a sweatshirt, but hey, if Ash can make it work than who am I to judge.

Unregistered User
Reaction score
My new favorite outfit.
The pose helps too. Ash looks competent, battle-ready and not like a total derphead.

Satoshi/Ash Fanboy
Reaction score
I like the new Satoshi XY anime outfit. And thank you for posting the photo because you save the time finding me about Satoshi's new clothes in XY. Thank you forum for allowing posting the photo despite it is a spoiler for anime fans like me. Thank you... I am so happy today because of these...