• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think about Ash's new X&Y outfit?

Ash looks sexy in his new outfit. And I don't usually call cartoons sexy.

It's my favourite outfit I think. The more mature look works pretty well because I feel like Unova Ash actually looks younger than he did in Sinnoh. I believe it's the tighter clothing, especially the pants, that make him seem a bit taller and slightly closer to puberty or something. :p

I'm happy to see this boy for a hundred or two episodes. Can't wait to see some other designs.

I like it, it's just too similar to Calem's outfit for my tastes.

I like the outfit. I've liked all his outfits barring the DP one so far (I'm not a big fan of DP, as you can see). It does seem too similar to Calem's outfit in the games, but I still think it looks surprisingly pretty good on him. :)

Only thing I would've liked more is the addition of a hoodie. I really like the hoodies he has on his AG and BW outfits. :D

So he stole Calem's pants? xD Kidding. He looks great, his new outfit is probably my favorite since the one he wore in Hoenn.

I like the hat too, since it is like a throwback to Red, the character Satoshi was originally based on. Now lets just hope Satoshi is as bad ass as he as in Sinnoh.

Or at most as curious and willing to get training in as his AG self.

That aside, ignoring the hat, Ash's new outfit looks pretty boss.

Hmm... The hat looks like Red's hat... The outfit almost like Calem, especially the pants... The gloves and the shoes, seems doesn't change from the 5th gen...
I still like the BW version, this one looks like thinner (maybe because the pose)...

The hat is a mix between Calem's type of hat with Red's hat design. To me it's kinda strange that they never used Red's hat when they should (the Advance and DP sagas) but now they do. The jackey is just what I expected: Calem's outfit with a high open collar and short sleeves, so it follows the trend that started in DP. So it's nothing that surprises me but still a good design. The tight pants make him look more femi---mature and grown up, even if he will still be 10.

Too bad he won't wear Calem's boots though.

Maybe the new outfit signals the transition of the anime from kodomo to shounen? Or the anime is too kodomo so they added shounen elements?

I don't mind it, but am by no means enamored by his outfit. I do quite like the svelte figure, it could almost signify growing, but perhaps that's just my wishful thinking toying with me. The fact that they continued on with the dark grey pants came as a pleasant surprise, as these being more tight, are definitely working for him, as opposed to his baggier BW ones. Glad they kept up the short sleeved tradition with the jacket, as opposed to be totally like Calem's, with the long sleeves.

I like it a lot, I agree it makes him look older which is some thing I really like. Already looking forward to this new series due to this ^

It seems everybody thinks that the tight pants make him look sleeker and taller, and thus more mature. That's a good sign (even if he stays 10), I hope this is just the first of many improvements in the XY series. BW left much to be desired so I hope XY becomes as epic as the DP anime.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom