• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think about Ash's new X&Y outfit?

I love the aesthetic design, and how it seems to blend Red's iconic outfit with some of the staples of Generation VI's core outfit. The blue over-shirt works brilliantly with the thick white stripes, and the jeans are a shade darker to keep it from looking like a ridiculous jumpsuit. The hat is inspired by Red's and I find that a brilliant nod to the original trainer that Ash was adapted from. Overall, one of the finer designs. I'd go so far as to say the best Ash that's been designed for the cartoon series.

Looks better than the Gen V one, that's for sure.

I'd say its my favorite next to his original. If he was wearing his signature hat (nudge nudge TPC), it would be my all time favorite. Overall it looks very bold and sleek yet simplistic and suiting to what could be considered "popular" trainer attire.

Last edited:
Re-evaluating it, it's OK. Better than his DP outfit, but probably my second least favorite, actually. I like the hat somewhat...somewhat. Disappointed to an extent.

Like the OS, AG, and BW outfits the best so far myself.

It looks better than the one in BW that's for sure. The BW one is getting on my nerves and makes him seem younger than he already is. This one makes him look like a pro again like back in DP.

It looks better than the one in BW that's for sure. The BW one is getting on my nerves and makes him seem younger than he already is. This one makes him look like a pro again like back in DP.

As long as he's not 10 anymore, I'll actually like the XY outfit more than I do now. If he is...that's another story.

Ash's old was great in the OS Kanto/Johto sagas, his AG outfit was really great since it made him look really mature, the DP outfit was ok but not that great, the BW outfit was the best design wise, and the XY outft really makes him look even more mature then ever before.

Ash's old was great in the OS Kanto/Johto sagas, his AG outfit was really great since it made him look really mature, the DP outfit was ok but not that great, the BW outfit was the best design wise, and the XY outfit really makes him look even more mature then ever before.

His OS outfit fits him perfectly in my eyes. I do like his BW outfit, though. His AG one was the best for the mature Ash: DP and XY's don't do it for me (more DP's). Maybe the XY one will grown on me, but I'm iffy on it right now.

Last edited:
I like the new outfit, probably my second favorite out of all of them. The new hat reminds me of the Pokemon centre floor. As for Ash looking older, I always thought he looked older in the Advanced Generation seires with May, Max and Brock.

I like the new outfit, probably my second favorite out of all of them. The new hat reminds me of the Pokemon centre floor. As for Ash looking older, I always thought he looked older in the Advanced Generation seires with May, Max and Brock.
It'd be fine if he looks older, if he actually gets older. That's really my issue with it. I'd love it if he did, though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom