• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think about Ash's new X&Y outfit?

Winterdaze

fight me
Reaction score
tumblr_mp6yxsSzEy1r1alb2o1_400.jpg

Like every region before, Ash will be getting a new outfit. What do you think of this one?

I'm really digging the jacket, it looks a cross between Nate's and Calum's. The hat is a bit odd though, especially in that it's very similar to Red's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I really like this new outfit. I don't know whether it's just the art and his pose there (or maybe it's just me) but it kinda makes him look a little older too. I don't mind the hat either, looks pretty neat to me.

Hmm... The hat looks like Red's hat... The outfit almost like Calem, especially the pants... The gloves and the shoes, seems doesn't change from the 5th gen...
I still like the BW version, this one looks like thinner (maybe because the pose)...

With a bit of difference his hat looks like red a bit.

As for the outfit itself I'll get use to it just I got use to sinnoh (since I tend to love his hoodie inspired outfits.)

I really like the outfit. The white lines on the blue jacket works really well and I like the lighter tone of blue compared to Calem's outfit. I really like the hat. It reminds me of Red's hat too, but I think that adds a nice bit of charm to the outfit. I'm not sure how I'd rank it compared to his other outfits just yet, but it has left a really good first impression on me.

Hell yeah this up there with sinnoh. Popped collar ash›hoodie ash, always. The baggy looking get up of BW was weird and the feel made him look younger. Thank god no giant yellow zipper as well! The white tones are cool, and I'm glad that its a secondary color again. The mimimalistic hat is the best bit, and I'm glad we're getting a new design. What's really crazy is how slim he looks. He not only looks older but he seems to be lankier then his sinnoh design and he was pretty thin there too. Overall I approve, a lot. Great way to start the hype, by giving us this first. XY is gonna be amazing I can feel it by this and that logo...

His jacket seems a little like the BW one, blue with white stripes. His hat seems a lot like the ones the protagonist from XY wear, except shorter and more rounded at the top. I have to agree with Zeb that Ash looks more mature. So GF finally ages him a little after 6 generations and 600+ episodes....

The outfit looks awesome to me and a bit reminiscent of Sinnoh's. The hat does give off a bit of a Red vibe. Like Sinnoh, he looks a bit older. All of this combined makes me hopeful that Ash will be a badass in X and Y. Or at least an equivalent to Sinnoh Ash.

So he stole Calem's pants? xD Kidding. He looks great, his new outfit is probably my favorite since the one he wore in Hoenn.

I like the hat too, since it is like a throwback to Red, the character Satoshi was originally based on. Now lets just hope Satoshi is as bad ass as he as in Sinnoh.

That's what makes the difference the pants! He always had the baggy jeans look and not the close fitting one. And yeah sinnoh badass migh as well happen.

The only problem I have is how bad the sewing lines on the hat stick out like a sore thumb. Previous hats didn't have this problem. But I like the jacket which look awesome.

The outfit looks awesome although I hate the new hat.

I love it. It's a sleek new design that looks very different from his other clothes. One complaint I had about his BW outfit was that, while it was cute and had a hood (I love the hoods, even though he never uses them), this one looks sleeker and makes him look more mature.

This looks like a combination of his Unova clothes and Calem's look. He does mae Ash look older (made Game Freak will finally make him 11 years old now).

He definitely looks older, but the sad part is that he'll stay 10. The hat is nice, but it does make his head look a bit big. I'm not the biggest fan of the look, but that's only because I'm judging off of what I would wear in real life. My type of travel clothes would be gym shorts and a sweatshirt, but hey, if Ash can make it work than who am I to judge.

My new favorite outfit.
The pose helps too. Ash looks competent, battle-ready and not like a total derphead.

I like the new Satoshi XY anime outfit. And thank you for posting the photo because you save the time finding me about Satoshi's new clothes in XY. Thank you forum for allowing posting the photo despite it is a spoiler for anime fans like me. Thank you... I am so happy today because of these...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom