• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think happened to Butch and Cassidy?

BulbaTCG

Reaction score
Longtime fans will recall Butch and Cassidy of Team Rocket. They first showed up in the original series and made sporadic appearances until Diamond and Pearl. We last saw them stranded in the desert making their way back to base, but that's the last we've seen of them. I like to think they never made it back and perished in the desert, but what do you think happened to them?

They probably died of dehydration. Giovanni hasn’t brought them up either so I’m assuming even he thinks they’re dead.

Out of action and probably dead.

Hence why we have a bunch of new faces this time around.

I would love to see Cassidy and Biff back, they made good rivals to Jessie and James and personally, they should have gone to Unova instead of Jessie or James, or even been sent to assist

They are so much better and far from annoying

They set up their own Team Rocket branch in Sinnoh
That would be a good plotline to go with if Sinnoh gets revisted

That would be a good plotline to go with if Sinnoh gets revisted

That's a big if.

xSANtzh.jpg

I agree. I think that they will return because they are really good characters to rival Jessie and James. I also don’t think they are forgotten, I just think that the anime’s direction means that there isn’t anywhere that they would fit in tbh. I’m surprised they weren’t in Unova though because the TRio were quite professional then.

Considering how Giovanni did not choose them for that super important operation with the Meteonite, I'd imagine that they lost a lot of favour with their boss after that moment in Sinnoh.

Look at it like this, Jessie and James supposedly took down Team Galactic while Cassidy and Butch couldn't secure some Hippowdon sand. Who would you pick to uncover Team Plasma's actions?

Maybe their Japanese VAs are too expensive to justify writing them in again? I think that's why Kenji/Tracey hasn't appeared recently whenever Dr. Orchid's lab has made an appearance because Tomokazu Seki has worked in the business longer than when he first voiced Kenji.

I've never quite gotten the popularity they had, especially in Japan. People called them much cooler than M&K, but yet they were losing to them/anyone else everytime they appeared. They also didn't have this much individuality charm or style. Their rivalry with Musashi and Kojiro was the only interesting thing going on for them (pretty much their whole existence was based on that), but they could have been easily replaced with just anyone. Remember how Musashi used to hate Yamato? She doesn't seem to remember her now, but all her aversion concentrated on Matori instead.

Anyway, it doesn't look like they're going to appear anytime soon. Maybe Sakaki got tired of them because he had to bail them out all the freaking time? XD And yeah, Musashi and Kojiro've been far more succesful than they were.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom