• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think happened with the other Pallet Town Trainers?

Reaction score
Many people speculate that they have given up in their dreams about being Pokémon Trainers, but what do you think would have happened if they didn’t give up? Do you think they would have interacted with Ash and crew? Would the beta female Trainer be one of those other Trainers?

I once said on a thread "if you ran the pokemon anime" that i would rewrite villian arcs in each series and create a series of side story episodes resolving around trainers who do small things that make villians lives harder and thus they unwillingly help Ash.
I haven't said that on my original post, but these trainers could be the ones from Kanto whom sided with another trainer.(In my story there were three if i recall corectly).

Moving back to the topic, Tierno and Marina were shown as trainers from Pallet in M20 timeline.

Theoritizing about what happened to them in the ANIME timelinemost probaly they were eaten by wild Pokemon ahem, I mean Samurai in OS 4 mentioned battling them and losing, right?
I dont see them quitting their career, being this good.
I'd LOVE to see an interaction beetwen them and Ash's crew, especially now, seeing them arriving in Alola and critically commenting Ash's downfall would be GREAT if you ask me....

I think the implication there is that most of the trainers normally give up on journeying and just turn into other professions, and only a few talented of them actually accomplish the task to became a full-time pokemon trainer.

Theoritizing about what happened to them in the ANIME timelinemost probaly they were eaten by wild Pokemon ahem, I mean Samurai in OS 4 mentioned battling them and losing, right?
I dont see them quitting their career, being this good
Because Samurai is such an amazingly talented, Champion level trainer that we all aspire towards, riiight?

Really, I don't see how thrashing this one Bug Catcher in samurai cosplay back then is a sign that those two trainers are indeed any good. They might have started out ok for all we know, but the end result is them falling behind an Ash Ketchum at his most incompetent. That's why I haven't thought about what they're up to now; I personally don't think it's a subject worth mulling over. It'd be like wondering what happened to Mandi the Astounding after his first round 3-0 loss.

If I had to guess, I reckon they'd both still be in Pallet Town as one of Ash's supporters whenever he's in a new league conference. Maybe they were among the guests at the celebratory party before Ash left for the Orange Islands?

There is no way to know for sure but, the writers said they gave up so, that's it. I'd like to think they both got inspired by watching the Indigo tournament to get back into competition and they rival Ash in terms of strength now.

Unfortunately I think the showrunners would disagree with me.

I always thought of them as boring looking dudes because I think there were more simple designs and Pallet Town is pretty Podunk. So having all four of them be guys with natural colored hair would go along with "the boring town that the hero tries to escape" thing.

I think the reason they quit is because the writers didn't have any ideas for them so, if they didn't quit they would have to interact with Ash at the tournament at least. Cause if they are all the same age and from same small town they should know each other.

They lost to Brock 3 time each, so just retired cuz if you can't breat Brock, well you aint very good

As for what they could've done, eh they would just be randoms in the league and Ash would beat one in an earlier round or something.

One of them winning the league would've been slightly funny when the focus was on Ketchup and Gary

Now I want to see the Bulbasaur trainer’s battle with Brock...

How bad do you have to be to lose 3 times even when having a 4x advantage?
True, they probably are inexperienced and to be fair, Brock is made out to be a really strong trainer even though he is the first gym leader. Also.... since when did type advantages matter in the anime? ;)

True, they probably are inexperienced and to be fair, Brock is made out to be a really strong trainer even though he is the first gym leader.
Well, Gary was equally inexperienced but still got through Brock so...

Also.... since when did type advantages matter in the anime? ;)
When the plot wants them to. Then they become 10x effective attacks which surpass Z-Moves in power :p

Wait they lost to Brock three times each?!

I thought they had good starts!

I got to watch that episode again!

Wait they lost to Brock three times each?!

I thought they had good starts!

I got to watch that episode again!

It was me coming up with an idea for why they retired lol but also the fact it's stated that if a GL loses three times in a row they're fired. So I figure they lost a few times cuz otherwise, that's 3/4 losses for Brock back to back

@Muur I misread so I felt misled. Anyways only one of them has to lose once in that case. Also that's only in the novelization because the sensational sisters got shreked by them three times in a row. Finally they got at least four badges before retiring.

Whatever happens, it seems likely they wound up losing to gym leaders and gave up.

Whatever happens, it seems likely they wound up losing to gym leaders and gave up.
I think that is very plausible. Many people, even in real life, may stop trying after a few attempts. I think that's probably the most likely situation. Many of the characters in the anime have told Ash and friends that they stop battling because they gave up and wanted to "settle down".

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom