• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think is the most disappointing attack animation?

Water gun in Gen III is idiotic.........................a bubble goes and hit the foes and then drops starts to flow down the foe..............is that an attack or way to beth the foe??

also ember in gen III is not upto marks....looks like small cracker going there................................ and even hyper beam in genIII!!!!!
oh my god, how could i forget it................its like beads exchanging between me and foe.!!!!..........u know like, am i playing marbles with foe or attacking it with my power.....In all, hyperbeam of gen III is most idiotic!!!!!

Return sucks in Gen IV+. Previously it used to be an attack whose animation changed with its power. I loved those small tackles that increased in power. Not it's just a normal tackle.

Also Solar Beam in Gen IV+ There are so many things wrong with it.

Firstly, why does the beam come down from the sky? If the Pokemon fires that beam then how did it bend so much that it comes down from above. If the Pokemon is not the one that fired it and the beam is coming from the sun itself, then why does the Pokemon need to charge?

Sola Beam looks awful now.

I just now noticed this, but if my Abomasnow does Icy Wind with its arms up (you know, where the sprites dance around in Black and White) it looks like it jizzed all over the opponent's Pokemon 0.0

Then there's Outrage, which was cool in Generation III, but then in Generation V, it just looks like a spiral coming out the user's back, which is disorienting because when you're using it, it looks like it's been used ON you, and when it's being used on you, it looks like YOUR using it.

YOU'RE*** And I agree so much with this. The first time I saw it was like "How did that Boldore attack before my Haxorus?! And what's that?!............ Oh wait."

I hate the gen 4 razor leaf, it just looks like leaves riding on the wind. I liked the gen 3 razor leaf better, the leaves were spinning like boomerangs.

Not the main games, but Mystery Dungeon's animation for Energy Ball. I was all excited when I got it on my Cradily because now I could go wreck things, but it looks kinda... meh.

Re: worst attack animation

Hydro Pump and Flame Wheel from gen V. In gen IV they were highly superior. Gen V dissapointed me in the majority of battle animations and sound effects u_u.

Hi Jump Kick has been a disappointment in nearly every Generation. In Gen 4 and 5, there isn't even a picture of a freaken FOOT. Almost makes me want to use Jump Kick or some other move so I can see a foot.

You should do, because an attack called Jumping Knee Kick won't result in a foot anytime soon.

(Always check the translations of the Japanese names. They reveal a lot of the weird things we find about moves.)

I really like the new Solarbeam. : ) It seems so much more intense, especially in Battle Revolution. Good on them for steering away from the Anime a bit.

But I think Hydro Pump should've stayed as geysers pumping out of the ground. I thought that was awesome and so much more different from Water Gun.

Water Gun, ofcourse in Gen 3 was a pity. Really. Even Bubble looked strong than it. xD Flamethrower in Gen 4 seemed lacking after Gen 3's Flamethrower. However, the presentation was better, it was wierd that the Flamethrower in Gen 3 sort of wobbled. I guess the impact was strong in Gen 3, so a combination would've worked.

Water Spout. I don't know, I thought it would be more then shooting water up and then it falling down? Its a fine animation, I guess I was just expecting something... more from it.

Frost Breath. The animation starts off well but then it becomes too long and awkward.

This was also the case with Iron Tail in GenIV. It looks very nice in GenV though, no complaints there.

I dislike Dragon Pulse in GenIV as well. It just looks a bit weak compared to GenV.

Fly in basically any of the main games. Seeing the 'mon become a sphere that crashes down. Meh, not that great.

Also, Sky Drop. Very anticlimatic for a great sounding move: a sphere picks up the opponent, then the opponent suddenly reappers as it "lands," then the sphere crashes down on it...

Finally, Gen V's Return...

Fly in basically any of the main games. Seeing the 'mon become a sphere that crashes down. Meh, not that great.
Yeah, Fly just looks awkward for the avian types but horrible with Golurk. I mean, shouldn't my Riser soar upwards on awesome rockets and look so cool that the DS craps itself in jealousy? Or am I biased here? (I'm probably just slightly biased....)

And Strength sucks as well. Why did my Electivire suddenly mass shift before the "attack"? That just doesn't look right.

Night Daze is pretty disappointing. In the anime, it was like a nuclear blast of crimson-colored dark energy exploding everywhere! Then in the games, it just looks like tiny little purple viabrations that caused some damage.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom