• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of Ash's new design from Pokemon Sword and Shield anime?

Do you like his new design?

• Yeah

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • It's ok

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Not a fan of the design

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

Moonbyum

ポケモンGetto Daze
Reaction score
Today we just got Ash's new design for the Sword and Shield anime. Imo I really like his design it's a great combination between SM Ash and XY Ash which looks pretty unique. Does it live up to your expectations?

Attachments

• IMG_20190927_102508.jpg
    IMG_20190927_102508.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
I Freaking Love it; It looks NOTHING like the Atrocious design from Pokemon the series: Sun & Moon; and I Love how he looks less like a One Piece esque Doofus and Much more AWESOMESAUCE!!

I like it so far, but I first have to see how it looks in motion. It is a really interesting mix of his S&M-design mixed with the design o Best Wishes.

The eyes are a bit too big, which makes him look younger than he should. Other than that, though, everything about this design is great! I like the smaller Z-marks and how his hat looks like the AG hat.

Not really a fan of the art style, he looks younger than his SM version.

Not really a fan of the outfit either. I mean really, shorts?
That's actually gotten me thinking that Ash is going to spend most of his time this saga in one of the more tropical regions, like Hoenn and Alola. That, or Galar is going to get turned into a tropical paradise region for literally no reason.

A definite improvement from SM-design Ash, although in that case it's not difficult to improve from that eyesore style. While he's still not XY Ash, he gives me very much AG and/or even DP Ash (possibly somewhere in the middle), so that's something I'm very happy about. The art style as a whole is a vast improvement from the overly goofy SM style, so that bodes well to me. I'm looking forward to it, especially if it means we're going back to the more "traditional" style of the anime.

Jacket reminds me of Kanto/Johto, but Galar's meant to based on the UK, not a tropical country, so he should've had the long trousers and gloves he's had in every region except Alola.

Eh, it's alright. I'm not gonna try and judge this new series solely on Ash's design. I approached SM with an open mind and that's what I'll do here.

It looks fine. I still like the SM artstyle over it, but it's not nearly as bad as the artstyles from the original series all the way through XY (and the AU movies).

Kinda looks a bit too modern anime-y for my taste, and the big irises might take a lot away when it comes to expressiveness which is something I'm not a fan of, but I'm going to hold off any further opinions until I see it in motion.

I really like his new design. He looks more athletic and like this season, we'll see more of that crazy athletic side we'd seen in DP and XY.

I also appreciate that he is a mix of Sun and Moon and XY in the physical characteristics seen. I'm interested in seeing how it'll look in motion.

Also, the poster oddly reminds me of how they often draw in the manga.

A definite improvement from SM-design Ash, although in that case it's not difficult to improve from that eyesore style. While he's still not XY Ash, he gives me very much AG and/or even DP Ash (possibly somewhere in the middle), so that's something I'm very happy about. The art style as a whole is a vast improvement from the overly goofy SM style, so that bodes well to me. I'm looking forward to it, especially if it means we're going back to the more "traditional" style of the anime.
I Agree, and I Most certainly do Hope that it ALSO goes back to the more "traditional" style of the anime!! Because I hated the goofy artstyle shown off in the Corocoro Preview Poster of Pokemon the Series: Sun & Moon; and I Still do; keep in mind that I'm the one fan who Still sees the Live-Action Detective Pikachu movie as Uncanny Valley as everyone else did Originally(I hardly ever change my opinions, I'm more likely to keep the same opinions as I did initially; even when Everyone else changes their Mind, I still don't) and the Lack of Focus during the Actual Alola Anime!!

He looks a bit too peppy like SM Ash, but it is not as I prefer the DP/XY version. He will live and breathe based on his interactions with the new girl(?).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom