• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of Ash's new design from Pokemon Sword and Shield anime?

Do you like his new design?

• Yeah

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • It's ok

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Not a fan of the design

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
Oh that's nothing compared to what this Japanese fan found:

View: https://twitter.com/cota_pika/status/1178243886218481665

Already seen this. And I think that some of the connections made by this guy are kind of farfetched (like, how is the Alola-style stylized Poké Ball on Scottie's cap related in any way to the C on Ash's hat? or Chase's shoes, which are clearly a completely different model from the ones Ash wears?).

Honestly, I think the first tweet I saw below this one summarizes this whole conspiracy-style chart pretty well.

View: https://twitter.com/S3Studios1/status/1178323198565388288

Well, I'd prefer if the design followed B2W2 style but what will be more important is character development, if Ash continues to be a child or learn some lessons and keep it.

Last edited:
I don't like his clothes.

The Design itself is pretty good. I still see more Sun & Moon that M21 in him personally and its more than just the hair. Such as this Sketch looks a lot like SM.

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 160
I wasn't sure how I liked it at first, and then I concluded I didn't care for it at all because it made him look a little younger from my point of view, but now I am a bit more fond of it, and am very excited to see more of this.

I like the changes they did to his eyes and face, seemingly taking some inspiration from "The Power of Us" for sure. I didn't like it much to begin with and then someone pointed out that it was similar looking to his PJs in X and Y, and now I can't unsee it. It just kinda throws me. It will probably take some time to get used to for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom