• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of Ground Type?

nothing really wrong, it's just I don't understand what you were saying >_<

a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.
I just gave you an example when I used ground in the water during surfing time near the abandon Ship near gym town number 2

Oh and sorry for the problems

no prob :^)
so, is there any ground type pokemon that you hate? I don't hate any really.

Well I don't like Groudon, Nidoking, Drilbur, and Drilbur's Evolution

Thanks for the question, and you

I am personally not really fond of the pure ground type Pokémon, but I do like some of the half-ground Pokémon, like Flygon, Swampert, Steelix, Garchomp and Krookodile.

I am personally not really fond of the pure ground type Pokémon, but I do like some of the half-ground Pokémon, like Flygon, Swampert, Steelix, Garchomp and Krookodile.
Firstly I should thank you for answering and should tell you that I also love Latios like you
Well, I only hate the steeliex pokemon from your list

I love the Ground type. One of my favorites. Ground type Pokemon-wise, I especially love Swampert, Nidoking, and Flygon (I admit I prefer dual typed Pokemon). And Earthquake is one of my favorite moves in the series.

I love the Ground type. One of my favorites. Ground type Pokemon-wise, I especially love Swampert, Nidoking, and Flygon (I admit I prefer dual typed Pokemon). And Earthquake is one of my favorite moves in the series.

Thank you my friend for the answer, and hope to see you more and more. Secondly, yes I also love I prefer dual typed Pokemon, but not always must be dual typed Pokemon which I mean that I love mix between different types, different pokemon, and different dual typed Pokemon
When I played sapphire, the old own, in that time, my team all was dual typed Pokemon.
Anyway, let back to ground type, yep it is so awesome and I really really really love it too much. And I really really really totally agree with you about Earthquake is one of my favorite moves in the pokemon, and I always use it in the game, but the problem is that I only saw one time in the anime when Ash challenged May's Father in the gym.
And finally, I love flygon because it so beautiful, friedly, and ground but I hate that it is a dragon pokemon. Anyway, I also love Swampert, but I hate Nidoking
My best ground pokemons are NidoQueen, and marwack then maybe different pokemons such as Swampert, Flygon, cuboon, phaby, Golruck, and so on.

It's my overall favorite type. It has a lot of Pokemon that are among my favorites, like Mamoswine, Gliscor, and Krookodile, and it's usually a fantastic type competitively. Seriously, tell me ONE successful team that DOESN'T run Earthquake somewhere.

I recall having a bit of fondness for the type in the past
nyowadays I am fairly indifferent to it
stunfisk, diggersby, palossand, mega steelix, and golurk are all dope tho

It's my overall favorite type. It has a lot of Pokemon that are among my favorites, like Mamoswine, Gliscor, and Krookodile, and it's usually a fantastic type competitively. Seriously, tell me ONE successful team that DOESN'T run Earthquake somewhere.

Well, absolutely Earthquake is one of the best attacks in the game but it doesn't have any important event in the anime, and to me I Really really love this type, and golruck and Krookodile are one of the best pokemon but to me, I really love Marwack, nidoqueen are the best ground pokemons

I recall having a bit of fondness for the type in the past
nyowadays I am fairly indifferent to it
stunfisk, diggersby, palossand, mega steelix, and golurk are all dope tho

So do you hate them now?
I hope you become more fondness now my friend

Ehh... It's alright. I'm pretty indifferent towards the Ground type if I'll be straight and honest. Torterra and Mamoswine are two of my favourites for that type.

One of my most favorite Pokemon ever, Excadrill, completely wrecked my friend's team once. I didn't even EV train it! :p

To me, the ground type is one of the my best three types in the entire pokemon games, and animes.
I discovered its powers by luck, after used to some different types by earthquake, and see it has a super effective, and from this reason, It became one of the my best types

But, to me I really hate both driburr and Excadrill

Ehh... It's alright. I'm pretty indifferent towards the Ground type if I'll be straight and honest. Torterra and Mamoswine are two of my favourites for that type.

Well, so you think it is 50 percent between like this type, and not like it. And yep i love torterra, but I not too much fan with Mamoswine

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about it before, and I think it's a little bit bollocks
If Ground and Rock were merged to make Earth type, I'd be happy with that, because I don't think both types need to exist at once, but just one of the two wouldn't work on their own because they're slightly different.
Either that, or Ground becomes Earth type just to increase the potential.
It's like how I think Flying type needs to become Air type.

I was thinking about it before, and I think it's a little bit bollocks
If Ground and Rock were merged to make Earth type, I'd be happy with that, because I don't think both types need to exist at once, but just one of the two wouldn't work on their own because they're slightly different.
Either that, or Ground becomes Earth type just to increase the potential.
It's like how I think Flying type needs to become Air type.
Thank you for answering and really nice one, and I loved your point too much

Well, to me there are multi types of pokemon that must be not existed in life of pokemon, and if the ground and rock are fused then it will be a Hugh improvement, but I really want to see ground type. let's take an example, steel, and dragon must be not existed at all, and to me they should do a type called "Electronic" have a face that near to technologies and so on

So to me yes you have a point but ground have a lot of strong and strategies ideas that make it special

I like Ground type Pokemon and I'm kinda bummed that almost all of them are super tough/aggressive. It's been 7 generations and the creators are still not tired of this cliche/trope/whatever. Can we have a bit of variety and get some cutesy and some more 'middle-of-the-road' Ground Pokemon too pls?

What do you think of Ground type?

I always think about this question, How people feel about this type? Are they love it?

So tell me please about yur opinion for this type?

I don't know about other people, but ground types are awesome! Earthquake is an awesome move and one of my favs as well. Ground is on my top list of preferred types. The first ground type pokemon I liked was diglett/dugtrio. They are super cute lolol. Of course, I like more now... but they were what I considered to be the examples of ground types.

Well I guess Ground mons ain't bad, in fact quite decent. Strong against 5 types, and one of those types have it as it's only weakness which is what encourages me to have one on my team. Tho I'm more of a water person XD.

Firstly, thank you guys for all your answers, and sorry for late for answering you guys; so:-

Well I guess Ground mons ain't bad, in fact quite decent. Strong against 5 types, and one of those types have it as it's only weakness which is what encourages me to have one on my team. Tho I'm more of a water person XD.
Well, as I said my friend then the best is ice, then water, the ground; so we mostly nearby each other. hahaha
Thanks you for answering, and also the ground really awesome. I always use earthquake which is the one of the most powerful attack in the anime. I also love megatitude, earth power, dig, and so on.
I love also the Z waza for ground type, and mostly all of ground pokemon are so awesome to me.

I don't know about other people, but ground types are awesome! Earthquake is an awesome move and one of my favs as well. Ground is on my top list of preferred types. The first ground type pokemon I liked was diglett/dugtrio. They are super cute lolol. Of course, I like more now... but they were what I considered to be the examples of ground types.

Awesome is a small word my friend. You should say that us ground type are so awesom. About Earthquake, then I cannot leave any pokemon without giving him an Earthquake. Atleast three or four of pokemons should have earthquake, or atleast any other ground attack.I want to use dugtrio, but I really love Nidoqueenn, and Marwack. I mostly love all of ground pokemon.

I like Ground type Pokemon and I'm kinda bummed that almost all of them are super tough/aggressive. It's been 7 generations and the creators are still not tired of this cliche/trope/whatever. Can we have a bit of variety and get some cutesy and some more 'middle-of-the-road' Ground Pokemon too pls?

Oh, so you want a cute ground pokemon. Nice Idea my friend. A ground really deserve to be so super tough/aggressive

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom