• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of Ground Type?

to me, a ground type is a great, big and mean attacking machine, with very good defenses! the pokemon that truly resembles that the most is : the legendary Contient Pokemon and ruler of the lands, Groudon! Groudon is the first ever ground type legendary, and when making groudon, they really thought about how they would make people look up to it, and start to become a fan of it! they also gave it good moves to cover it's weaknesses, and when it was released as the box art legendary of pokemon ruby, it started to become famous, and a fan favorite! after a while, people acted like groudon needed something new for it like a special form. soon, fans started asking for a new form of groudon, and they listened! by making these so called " Primal Reversions". and with the release of pokemon Omega ruby, they brought groudon to its full potential, giving it a form that fans call " Primal Groudon"! with a new ability that made it immune to it's main weakness, water! and they called it: desolate land! there is so much greatness in groudon that they were required to bring it back in the crown tundra DLC! the rest is history!

i think it's cool! there are TONS of nice ground types (sandslash, swampert, gliscor, excadrill, etc) and i love how they hit pretty damn hard for the most part. in-game, it's so easy to slap them on a team and wreck shit with earthquake/stone edge + stab moves, it's nuts haha.

I used to use them a lot in my runs as my go-to to deal with electric types, but I don't think I've used them much in the past several generations.

Perhaps my favourite type overall, because it lends itself well to those craggy, bulky, kaiju-esque designs that were a mainstay of Gen I. They tend to have bulky stat distributions which fit my playstyle, and I have very fond memories of dominating my local competitive circuit at university with a Hippowdon that simply would not die.

I always want to write this point. I dol love ground type because they always an answer for really hard questions.

1.Firstly, i didn't know that steel was weaker than fire and i just choose magmar against steelix in silver gold and crystal because magmar was the strongest pokemon there for my entire teams. So i chosse magamr and tried fire punch and by luck it affected the steel. But whdn i played pokemon black and white or maybe diamond, i didn't had a fire in all teams and i forced to challenege a steel; so i chose a ground pokemon or a pokemon who used a dig or earthquake and it really did a super effective attack. Then one day, one of my cousins asked me how I will put the gym leader of platinum and the players in gym if i don't have a fire. I answered him by don't worry and he challenged me but i show him my answer by using the ground type.

I did know thay it super effective against poison but few years agao, i tried earthquaje and it really super effective.

I used marwack against charizard and it really helped me in reviving me pokemons because charizard only will use air slash or red commented charizard in sshg to use this attack cause fire doesn't do much against ground.

Really ground attack is always the solution for me.

To
me, It is one of my best type around the anime
Firstly: the ice
Secondly: Water
Thirdly: Ground

Ground type is great. Offensively it’s got awesome coverage and earthquake is so powerful and widespread. Defensively they tend to have high defenses butnless weaknesses than rock, hence more utility. Some great pokemon as well- Krookodile, Garchomp, Golurk, Rhydon, Mamoswine, Torterra, Sandaconda, Flygon and more.

I’ll admit it does feel kinda one-note at times and doesn’t have much variety (like special attackers). It’s move pool is also fairly restrictive; you’re usually just running earthquake (or high horsepower) or earth power. Not much room for versatility. A lot of its cool pokemon are also dual typed, which it works pretty well as.

I used to really not like Ground as a type, but now it's probably my favorite, right up there with Steel. Lots of Ground-types are pretty bulky and slow, which I enjoy a lot, but the faster ones can be incredibly powerful too. I like how much coverage it has, especially over types that don't have many other weaknesses, like Electric and Poison. I do agree that there's not a lot of variety in their movesets, but Earthquake is such a fantastic physical move I think it almost makes up for it lol.

Some of my personal favorite Ground-types are Wooper/Quagsire, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Baltoy/Claydol, Torterra, Trapinch, Diglett/Dugtrio, and Nincada. It's worth noting a lot of these are some of my overall favorite Pokémon in general too.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom