• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of Sun & Moon?

What do you think?

• I'm totally hyped!

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • It looks kinda cool...

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I'm not too big on it.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I hate it and hope it dies in a fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too early to say...

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
Seven is my favourite number, and I've always wanted them to do something special for the seventh generation of Pokemon for no reason...
But now there IS a reason!! The 20th anniversary! Ahh it makes my heart so happy, that the seventh generation gets to be special in this way..... That said, I have a feeling I'm expecting WAY too much of GF, so because of that, I put "Too early to say" instead of "I'm totally hyped!"... Like, i COULD be more totally hyped, but I'm trying to control that hype until we at least get to see some more stuff... But of course, pretty much no matter what they show, I'll be very totally hyped soon...

Disappointed we aren't getting a definitive Gen 6 game, not liking the casual trend the series has been taking, hoping Gen 7 covers Gen 6's loose ends and that Game Freak sees GO as a good enough reason to not make Gen 7 casual. Basically I won't buy the game until I have some idea of what is and isn't in it.

They need to go all out for the anniversary, I hope "It all comes together" isn't fluff and we get LOTS of series history fanservice.

It's an inspiring name, much beter than XY.
When Sun and Moon were announced, without realizing it, I was relieved with moving to VII generation, Kalos was getting dull. So a new region is a breath of new air.

Very nervous. A new generation is the last thing we need right now when initial pairs are typically light on content and overall less polished experiences, so the odds are high that we'll have another underwhelming, mediocre game, which wouldn't be worth skipping Z for.

Actually I agree, but at some point, i think it's better drop the third game, though i think Kalos was lacking in a sense. Let's hope if that is the new pattern, they will make Sun/Moon with all contents, and adress unfinished Kalos issues.

New generations are always exciting. I really cannot wait to start discovering new pokemon. Or to see a map of the region.

Yellow has been inspiring me to play pokemon again and finish my dex. I Want to have it done by Sun and Moon's release.

I hope to see less emphasis on Mega evolution (still have it but devote the telling of the whole story to it) and more content story wise that explains more about the regional folklore.

"Cautiously optimistic" is a good way of putting it. Others in this thread have already summed up my feelings for the most part; I am hopeful that they will go all-out to make a great game for the anniversary, but I also think that they have made a lot of questionable decisions lately, and I am aware that these could underwhelm. However, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt with XY, because while the games were shallow and lacking content, I imagine that the mechanical overhaul required a lot of attention and effort which may have taken away from their ability concentrate on other areas, resulting in a very smooth and glossy but less well-rounded game. I do think that ORAS showed a marked improvement in most areas, and I hope that that progress continues now that they are more familiar with the 3DS system.

Last edited:
I think they are awesun. Awe-sun. Get it? :p

Boy, I should slap you.

I'm so excited that I can't even. The art on those titles and logos have got to be my most favorite out of the whole series so far, I can't wait to see all the new 'mons, possible new Megas, and what the region is like itself.

EDIT: Geez, these threads get updated quicker than I can type. Like what @Endolise said, I'm hoping that them working on XY and ORAS means that they have an idea of what to work with, and will focus on quality for SM since they're also on the 3DS and won't require as much extra work on the hardware.

Last edited:
I don't know how to feel to be honest. If nothing is done about Zygarde and Eternal Floette then I probably won't be that thrilled about Sun and Moon.

@Alexander; Does Sun and Moon necessarily even HAVE to have Zygard and/or even explain (give closure) to it?

Last edited:
Gen six as a whole has shaken a lot of my fate in gamefreak so not very hyped. Hopefully gen 6's quality was a result of them being the new 3ds games. Also this being the game they release on pokemons's 20 years only raises my fear of SM being the same easy pandering nostalgia fest that x and y was. And game freak dumping any chance of having a z game makes me worry that there will not be a third version to mop up the shallow mess that might be SM.

@Alexander; Does Sun and Moon necessarily even HAVE to have Zygard and/or even explain (give closure) to it?
Actually it does because gen 6 ended without a game for Complete Zygarde. These games probably wouldn't be good in my opinion if they ditch it's forms completely.

@Alexander; That doesn't really answer my question. Gamefreak doesn't HAVE to do anything, they can break the pattern and not pander to Zygard's forms. And more then likely, if the Perfect Zygard is real it will probably just be like Rotom.

@Alexander; That doesn't really answer my question. Gamefreak doesn't HAVE to do anything, they can break the pattern and not pander to Zygard's forms. And more then likely, if the Perfect Zygard is real it will probably just be like Rotom.
Disagree. Zygarde and Rotom are different. Zygarde shouldn't be restricted by event or abandon completely. That is how bad games are made. I will wait for more info to see if the games are good but I wouldn't count on it.

@Alexander; Not really defending your stance there bud. Gamefreak is a corporation overall, what they do they do in order to make money. And with the 20th Anniversary, it makes sense for them to capitalize on that and maybe they believed that X and Y were either flops for them or that moving on to the next games would be more profitable for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did go the Rotom route for Zygard though. Given how many formes it has, having something similar would make sense.

@Alexander; Not really defending your stance there bud. Gamefreak is a corporation overall, what they do they do in order to make money. And with the 20th Anniversary, it makes sense for them to capitalize on that and maybe they believed that X and Y were either flops for them or that moving on to the next games would be more profitable for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did go the Rotom route for Zygard though. Given how many formes it has, having something similar would make sense.
No it doesn't. Zygarde's forms don't require an event and shouldn't anyway. Complete Zygarde comes together when all cells are gathered the core. Anyway, I stand by my choice on waiting for info before buying or not.

Honestly the only forms of Zygarde I could see them using for battles or anything like that are the 100%, 50% and MAYBE the dog form. The two smallest forms would be about as pleasant to use as an egg in battle.

Maybe if there IS an event involving Zygarde it would be a sidequest where the region's professor finds one of the tiny cell forms, and you're tasked to travel around the region collecting them. Then once you get enough you get the dog, then as you continue collecting them and fighting bad trainers or whomever has started to collect them as well, you get Zygard's 50% form them after beating the boss of the side quest you finally get 100%.

a real pokemon fan wants to see:

-the right amount of pokemon (more but good ones for more battle use)
-well designed full evolutions
-more uniq and rare(make more) used type combos
- new game changing abilities, moves
-full use of design, movesets, concepts, abilities, stats
-good animations
-good story
-better gyms
- a level system to make oponents better rivals in games

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom