• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of Sun & Moon?

What do you think?

• I'm totally hyped!

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • It looks kinda cool...

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I'm not too big on it.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I hate it and hope it dies in a fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too early to say...

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
A pretty simple question, what do you think so far? I know that we don't have too much to go on so far, but what do you think anyway? We can also use this thread later when we know more I guess...
Personally, I'm not liking what I saw... Unfortunately I tend to think the worst of trailers with vague inferences like this. Like, I hope we don't end up driving those vehicles, It'll just feel too weird in a Pokemon game. I also hope "It all comes together" DOESN'T mean Poke-Earth, just because of the game-play bumps it'll implement. I'm also not big on them skipping out on Z. But it's early days yet, things could very easily get much better. So again, what do you guys think?

I'm cautiously optimistic that the games will be good, and either way, it's good that Game Freak are doing something new this year (as new as their formula allows, anyway).

I'm just happy we're getting a new region, new characters and hopefully a new, interesting mythology to go along with it.

Kinda wish I could pick 2 answers, I am hyped about the fact that they are releasing a new generation although it is still to early to form an opinion about Sun and Moon. Am glad they didn't go for Z, I didn't want a sequel since I am not a big fan of the Kalos region (mainly due to the way they crammed in so many pokemon from every other region) and I would have been really disappointed if they went back doing the slightly updated version with a couple of new features since the current platform supports patches and dlc.

As I said in another thread, these have a lot of potential. Going into XY they had to create a lot of 3D models for the old Pokemon and I'm sure they also didn't feel entirely in their groove with it being their first games on 3DS. However enough time has passed now where I feel like they are going to be able to push their talents and work the 3DS even harder. And thanks to reusing the models will have a lot more time and resources available. With it being the 20th anniversary I'm sure they don't want to let fans down and give us something to remember 2016 and the 20th by.

So I'm honestly pretty optimistic that we could be getting something good here - despite them showing us basically nothing in the video announcement.

I'm hyped because I really wanted a new Gen for the anniversary instead of a third version/sequel. However, I hope they will take care of Zygarde one way or another.

I am very happy with the names Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. If I were to create a list of potential Pokémon title names for the main series games, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon would have been one of the names on that list.

Pokémon generation VII. Lucky 7, and one of my favourite numbers, I am glad that Pokémon Sun and Moon are the names being used for this generation.

I am hoping Mega Dragonite will make it's appearance this generation.

I'm really Hyped!
little to no info is fine with me, I'll just wait for the surprise to be announced

Finally a new adventure to play

Excited and optimistic, really. I'm a fan of the concept art, and if we really are going to Hawaii I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful region. Especially considering it's the 20th Anniversary, I don't think these games will disappoint.

I'm hype with the confirmation of the capability to transfer pokemon from RBY to new game.

Mew and MissingNo!!

Also, Sun and Moon sound awesome. Though, I need more info...

As much as leaving gen 6 feels weird, its kinda cool. I never expected and still don't expect the NX handheld gens, if they ever come, to be more then the XY engine in high resolution, so I haave the same expectations for Gen 7 on the 3DS. In general I expected a region that is more cohesive in its design and motif, Gen 6 had the biome consistency of a Mario Game, more experimental gameplay, and a buttload of new Pokemon now that te bulk is over with.

I think you're thinking of some other gen with "a buttload of new Pokemon". Gen VII introduced 70, that's hardly a buttload and actually less than any other gen in existence so far. I'm also getting that huge Hawaii vibe, here's hoping we get some cool tropical region. It'd be a cool alternate to the temperate climates we've seen so far.

I'm hype with the confirmation of the capability to transfer pokemon from RBY to new game.

Mew and MissingNo!!

Also, Sun and Moon sound awesome. Though, I need more info...

I've a feeling Gamefreak will somehow find a way to prevent people from transferring Missingo. I'm not sure how they'll stop the Mew and Mewtwo glitches where you can capture them at over level 100.

Bank would probably detect them as "illegitimate Pokemon" as a Pokemon over lvl 100 cannot be normally obtained, bank would have measures to prevent it. If not it would probably be an update to bank that would address such Pokemon. The update would of course be required to interact with RBY/SM.

I'm dissapointed, and my reaction overall is "meh". Remakes and third versions usually buy me from the beggining, but I have a harder time giving a new generation a pass. I didn't even bought BW despite having a DS and the time to play it.
I like seeing new regions, new Pokemon, the prerelease period and new features. But the information we have now is just fewer than more people think. I know it's impossible to top XY's announcement but at least they could have tried.

Two words.

Extremely excited.

I'm the type of person who gets hooked with each new generation pretty easily. While gen 6 was disappointing in a couple of ways, I felt there was much more to make up for it.

Every single generation has offered me new Pokemon that I learned to love and appreciate. Some at first glance like Dedenne and Sylveon, and some not. Here's our chance to have new type combinations, interesting new moves, abilities, and a brand new region and story. Loving Magearna, and the new bird Pokemon's design looks so cute already. In short I'm really excited to see what the new gen has to offer and as a devoted Pokemon fan it would take a lot to disappoint me. :p

Last edited:
Very nervous. A new generation is the last thing we need right now when initial pairs are typically light on content and overall less polished experiences, so the odds are high that we'll have another underwhelming, mediocre game, which wouldn't be worth skipping Z for.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom