• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of the boy?

His design is far better than Lucas'. ugh

Although I don't like the baggy pants they always insist on wearing. When you combine that with that big jacket he's wearing, he makes no sense compared to the girl and her outfit.

And I agree with Somari; I don't see any semblance between Red and the Gen V guy.

Well, technically, I meant classic Red.

But even then, though they have similar fea..You know, I can't really say if they look alike.

Classic? Really? I see no resemblance between them.

Well, there's the messy hair which juts out, a bit like Special's Red, he wears a jacket with a black shirt underneath like Red, and his basic stance reminds me of Red somehow.

Well, I could say the same about Gold and Lucas, right?

When I first saw Lucas, I thought that he was a total expy of Red except for the hat.

And for the most part, I was right.

When I first saw Lucas, I thought that he was a total expy of Red except for the hat.

And for the most part, I was right.

Well they're all expies of each other, really. Pokémon Trainer... there ya go. Pants. Shirt. Hat. Bag. Varying levels of red and blue in the design. Bam. Let's call it a night.

Well they're all expies of each other, really. Pokémon Trainer... there ya go. Pants. Shirt. Hat. Bag. Varying levels of red and blue in the design. Bam. Let's call it a night.

I like how this person thinks.

Well, there's the messy hair which juts out, a bit like Special's Red, he wears a jacket with a black shirt underneath like Red, and his basic stance reminds me of Red somehow.

FRLG/HGSS Red looks like that too.

All main male protagonists are expies of Red.

I like Black. He's pretty cool and has a great design. I just like White more.

Honestly? I think he's kinda cute. XD

I don't think the design's that similar to the past guys. Yeah, he has shades of red and blue - so what? They're entirely different shades, if you want to get that nitpicky. I really like the styling of the jacket and pants, they feel a lot more mature than the clothes on the other guys. And yes, I'm a fan of his hair.

I really like the male design this time around, more than the female one. There's nothing wrong with the female one really, it's just kinda... there.

I think the guy looks great. At the very least, his clothes are fairly normal - Brendan and Lucas wore some pretty weird things (coughhatcough). I don't think he looks any more like Red than Gold/Ethan ever did.

I think he's cool. He looks the most like me compared to all other protagonists.

He's pretty stock, nothing really inventive, but I like him nonetheless.

I give him an A.

Black had better not be an official name for either of them.

White-bread suburban kids aren't exactly fitting for the name.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom