• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of the boy?

I kinda like how he looks. Especially his shoes xD. He has an urban style which fits nicely with the city we see in the game. Not to mention he looks like jaden from yugioh gx.

He's cute, and is already in my top favorite players, right after brendan and before lucas :)
You never know this guy could turn out to be one bad*ss trainer and kick butt!

Cute to boot, too. There better be contests in Isshu, 'cause he has to be a coordinator now. D8

Cute to boot, too. There better be contests in Isshu, 'cause he has to be a coordinator now. D8
But he's not genetically engineered and hated by a vast majority of the world the male character! The male never does contests.

Oh...Well, I've never read a manga in my life, so I didn't know that.

Well on the show, Brock never did contests, nor did Max, Ash only did one, etc. Whatever, I still like the new guy better than Brendan.

Better then Ethan to me. Ethan's the only one male protagonist I'm not an actual fan of. I only like him when he's paired with Lyra somehow.

Well on the show, Brock never did contests, nor did Max, Ash only did one, etc. Whatever, I still like the new guy better than Brendan.

Ash participated in two contests and entered in an unnoficial one, actually.

But Black is tied for my favorite male protagonist with Brendan. :3

It would be interesting if as a NPC Black was hinted to participate in whatever-the-new-competition-is.

It would be interesting if as a NPC Black was hinted to participate in whatever-the-new-competition-is.

That would be interesting. I'd like it if it was somehow put into the storyline for whatever reason.

It'd be a nice twist, IMO.

Did anyone else think, after seeing the very first screenshots, that the boy was wearing a Samurai Helmet? I did.

The boy and girl are both cool- the boys cap beats the wierd beret from DP but i would prefer most of the characters without hats... Imo the girl isn't as good as previous ones though...

There are also male coordinators in the show. Harley and Kenny come to mind. It's not so crazy to think that White-kun could be a coordinator "officially" this time around.

timoteyo7 said:
The girl will always be better than the boy. Period.

The guy is all right.

It's 'cause no-one in this fandom is original anymore. ._.

There are also male coordinators in the show. Harley and Kenny come to mind. It's not so crazy to think that White-kun could be a coordinator "officially" this time around.

It's 'cause no-one in this fandom is original anymore. ._.
Wait...I thought White was the girl and Black was the boy?

There is only one aspect of his design that I dislike, his face. It is too cutesy. I want another male protagonist that has a smug smile on his face. Like the original art for Red and Gold. They looked a lot cooler, and ready to battle anytime. The only thing close to that was the Emerald design for the boy, and that didn't quite hit the mark in my opinion.

A unique face like the RS art would be acceptable as well. I liked that cheesy smile he had on his face, it gave him character........ although his clothes still stink. >.>

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom