• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of the boy?

I want Black to have a larger part in the anime than other male protaganists.

I mean, Brendan and Lucas were no more than cameos!

I want Black to have a larger part in the anime than other male protaganists.

I mean, Brendan and Lucas were no more than cameos!
I don't even remember Brendan making a cameo. Lucas, yes, but not Brendan.

Brendan had 3 cameos in the openings of Movies 6, 9 and 11. In 11, he was battling Lucas.

Anyway, back on topic.

In all honesty I prefer this guy to Lucas or Brendan. And Ethan.

He's sort of on par with Red.

HypersonicYanmega said:
Wait...I thought White was the girl and Black was the boy?
Callisto said:
That's how it's supposed to be. For right now anyway. They might call the rival "White" like Barry is referred to as Pearl.

For people who forgot that Gen V is a huge shake-up, yes. ._. But I won't conform. I will never call White-kun by Black-chan's name, or vice versa.

NPR said:
There is only one aspect of his design that I dislike, his face. It is too cutesy. I want another male protagonist that has a smug smile on his face. Like the original art for Red and Gold. They looked a lot cooler, and ready to battle anytime. The only thing close to that was the Emerald design for the boy, and that didn't quite hit the mark in my opinion.

A unique face like the RS art would be acceptable as well. I liked that cheesy smile he had on his face, it gave him character........ although his clothes still stink. >.>

It's White-kun's "cutesy" face is why he'll probably be my first favorite. D8 It's good that it's finally the girl-character who is sort-of smirking this time. Breaks away from ick gender stereotypes people seem to like to use to death, like "i'm a girl so I must smile and be cute tee hee" while the boys are "i'm a boy so i must be confident and cool looking haha" and so on.

Breaks away from ick gender stereotypes people seem to like to use to death, like the boys are "i'm a boy so i must be confident and cool looking haha" and so on.
People like to use that one because its simply awesome, not "ick" as you say.... every little boy wants to be cool looking and confident (and thats a fact).
There is only one aspect of his design that I dislike, his face. It is too cutesy. I want another male protagonist that has a smug smile on his face. Like the original art for Red and Gold. They looked a lot cooler, and ready to battle anytime.
I agree 100% on his face, its not cool enough.

Last edited:
I really don't like either too much. He reminds me of someone who spends all day in his bedroom, ripping holes in his jeans to make them look cool... Or it's just me. They'll probably grow on me though. So far, I like Brendan and Lucas in Platinum the best.

Black just looks happy to me. And bishonen

Is he even old enough to be a Bishie?
emot-gonk.gif

oh God I can't believe I just typed that

Same here. I don't know why the boys have to have some smug smirk or 'cool' look and/or death glare.

Black looks just fine without those facial features.
Well, to start, it's a manga-styled drawing. So naturally, chicks look better, and guys look like wannabes.

I always find the sprite designs more appealing, however.

Is he even old enough to be a Bishie?
emot-gonk.gif

oh God I can't believe I just typed that
Don't know, don't wanna know. Anyway, I guess he's alright. He might even be, dare I say it, the first PokeMale I ENJOY playing as.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom