• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think Pokémon will be in 2016?

Loads and loads of Pokémon...

Hopefully the core dynamics won't change, but maybe by then we'll get a real-time 3D series with PBR-esque battles.

Yeah, it'll either have stayed the same in basics, or will have changed enough where it's something completly new. I doubt that we'll have significant changes between now and then.

DEAD!

No, just kidding. I would personally like there to be virtual reality Pokémon games...
I want to throw a Poké Ball and have something come out of it. :drool:

DEAD!

No, just kidding. I would personally like there to be virtual reality Pokémon games...
I want to throw a Poké Ball and have something come out of it. :drool:

shun the non-believer jk lol

that would be cool. and voice commands. i wish they could do that on the DS where you can say the attacks but that would be hard to program b/c of different languages and dialects.

We'll probably have two more generations by that points, maybe just getting or about to go into the seventh. The main games will remain exactly the same aside from a couple new features. We may have some new spin-off game series in the vein of Mystery Dungeon and Ranger, at least hopefully. The anime will still be on and probably will still focus on Ash and Pikachu. The TCG's gimmicks will become progressively weirder, and there will still be about a million manga coming out.

So, not much will change, for better or worse. Unless out of nowhere everything changes, but I doubt it.

My main want in the future of pokemon, is for Ash to grow up in the anime, I think it would be intresting to see Dubbed Pokemon on Adult Swim

XD

Hm..Fourth generation remake?

Anywho,we'll probably be in the sixth generation by then.

I wish that i can throw pokeballs and pokemons get out of there..............but i don't really think that it's going to happen on 2016!

We will be on gen 5 or 6, have lots of pokemon and have a more powerful handheld. That or the world will have ended 4 years ago (omg the world will end in 2012) if the doomsday people are right.

We will be on gen 5 or 6, have lots of pokemon and have a more powerful handheld. That or the world will have ended 4 years ago (omg the world will end in 2012) if the doomsday people are right.

yea , and i don't believe in that. there is no scientific proof that it will end. They say its supposed to end on 12/21/2012. But there are different time zones. so some people will die one day early.

yea , and i don't believe in that. there is no scientific proof that it will end. They say its supposed to end on 12/21/2012. But there are different time zones. so some people will die one day early.

Umm.. the time is still the same for everyone, just the clock time differs. So if a huge asteroid collides with Earth or the poles shift places, don't worry, we'll all be goners at the same minute.

I wish they would use something other than poké balls.

Maybe like a newer version; maybe more digital transportation.

In 2016, you'll be able to access the Pokémon Storage System from a Pocket PC, anytime, anywhere.

And they'll release the anime on Hulu. Can't think of a better way to turn gelatinous gray matter into jelly-filled doughnut matter. Would you expect anything less from aliens?

How about a criminal organization that's realistic? Like ones that shoot and kill Pokémon instead of battling?

Ok, just kidding.

Something to replace the bike could be a nice change. A scooter or skateboard, perhaps.

I wish they would use something other than poké balls.

Maybe like a newer version; maybe more digital transportation.

I dont think they should, not because they're technology is improving, but because the Pokeball is so iconic. Even people that have never watched a single episode, or hate pokemon know that the pokeball comes from pokemon

Also, i forgot to put, they will have a better console game and a crapload of pokemon spinoffs. And btw, 2012 is a myth.

there will be lots of exciting spin-offs ^^ like a pokémon ranger but then with breeders (dunno what the game-machanics would be), or lot's of other cool stuff

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom