• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think the above user will use as their next avatar?

Perhaps Serena in a costume invocative of one of the above user's favorite Ghost types.

maybe it'll be yuno from the very series (i assume) your username was derived from.
You're actually half-correct. I'm a little tired of giving the full explanation so I'm just gonna quote a time where I explained it.

"Chidamari Sketch" is an image boards meme term that is essentially a nickname for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The character designer of PMMM: Ume Aoki, previously was the creator of anime/manga series Hidamari Sketch/Sunshine Sketch, which was a regular "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" slice of life involving art students. Owing to Madoka Magica's surprise deconstructive nature, "Chidamari" actually means "pool of blood"

This handle originally coincided with me using characters from the show as avatar/signature motifs. I haven't really themed the franchise much since then, nor really actively caught up much, but simultaneously me just sticking with the name, people more-or-less clinging to said handle as well and it fitting with my usual thematic sensibilities (I have a predilection for cute/scary dichotomic themes); it's sorta stuck on to the point that I don't think I can ever replace it.

Back
Top Bottom