• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think the cities and towns in X and Y will be named after?

Look, I just said what I THOUGHT the cities will be named after, not that it WILL be named after, all I'm saying is it'll be cool if it does happen IN MY OPINION, so end of discussion

Look, I just said what I THOUGHT the cities will be named after, not that it WILL be named after, all I'm saying is it'll be cool if it does happen IN MY OPINION, so end of discussion

You sound angry, although I don't understand why you could be , as I only stated my opinion just as you did.

It'd be cool if they named the cities/towns after constellations and/or certain stars. Especially since there was what looked like an observatory in one of the early gameplay trailers.
yes pls
gamefreak pay attention this lady has the right idea
Constellations would make for some AWESOME city names.
I'm just going to assume this is fact until it gets brutally deconfirmed with something much lamer.

nor do I think patterns or cloud formations are that big to New York City.
Shows how much you know, we're the cloud formation center of the goddamn world.
:p

They should make all of the towns and cities named after either alcoholic beverages, such as:

WineWonder Town
Red Thunderous Villiage
Champaigne Crane city
Imna Vodka
BeerBrisky City_ Maybe an ice town
SakeSpring
Brandy Shore Side

Or something along these lines. Since it will be a france like atmosphere, they can atleast cater to some part or it.

Per Serebii:

Miare City/ Paris equivalent is called Lumiose City.

(fitting because Paris is called the "city of light")

So...Lumiose City is based off the City of Light nickname..... Which has no real naming "theme..
Could that mean they've finally dropped the theme named cities? Or does it mean that there still will be a theme, but the name Lumiose is not sufficient enough for us to know it? Or only some cities will be named according to themes, Lumiose not being one of those cities?
I actually hope they stop with the theme thing. It's cool to have cities names based on what they are, regardless of the theme.
Though I do think that most of the names will be derived from greek or something similar (not sure if that COUNTS as a theme or not.)

Up because of the new information we have about the names of the cities of Kalos : The starting town is Vaniville Town (like vanilla, in the sense of "standard" ?), and the first gym is Santalune City, which seems to confirm an overall astral theme (name can be translated as "Saint Moon" or "Holy Moon", in words of two different languages).

Though I checked the French translation, and it seems more to have an art theme...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom