• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think the next remakes should be remakes of?

I want Diamond/Pearl (or maybe Platinum, since it was just superior as a game) to get the Black2/White2 treatment. Heavily changed region with a completely different game progression and a new story, but the old Sinnoh vibes and the map largely intact. An interesting plot with some more dark sides would also be nice. If you can brutally shatter a character in a 3+ rated Mystery Dungeon game, you can also do something interesting for the main series.

I do NOT want to see anymore of Kanto. I've had more than my fill of it, so a remake of a remake of Kanto would just be too much. It's just not that interesting, so I don't see what's so great about it. Maybe a eShop game, but I've quite had it with Kanto, so I don't want to see yet another remake of it. That would be just bad.

Moving on, I want a Diamond/Pearl remakes that get treatment like Platinum did (expanded story, improved Gym Leader/E4 Teams, more Cyrus battles, move tutors, etc), which was one of my favorite versions. While I would like them to come out sooner rather than later (due to the fact I'm bored and want something new to play), it would be much more wise to slow the remake pace down and spread it out a bit. Also, I REALLY want to see a 3D Underground. I LOVED treasure hunting in Platinum (I'm a treasure hunter in most RPGs, spending ample time hunting for any freebees or interesting side-quests to tap into), so seeing a 3D Underground... *drools while daydreams about treasure* And just imagine the Distortion World. It was already pretty impressive in its original format, but just wait until 3D graphics step in. And I want to see Cynthia in 3D, along with a battle animation for her like Steven got.

I do NOT want to see anymore of Kanto. I've had more than my fill of it, so a remake of a remake of Kanto would just be too much. It's just not that interesting, so I don't see what's so great about it. Maybe a eShop game, but I've quite had it with Kanto, so I don't want to see yet another remake of it. That would be just bad.

Moving on, I want a Diamond/Pearl remakes that get treatment like Platinum did (expanded story, improved Gym Leader/E4 Teams, more Cyrus battles, move tutors, etc), which was one of my favorite versions. While I would like them to come out sooner rather than later (due to the fact I'm bored and want something new to play), it would be much more wise to slow the remake pace down and spread it out a bit. Also, I REALLY want to see a 3D Underground. I LOVED treasure hunting in Platinum (I'm a treasure hunter in most RPGs, spending ample time hunting for any freebees or interesting side-quests to tap into), so seeing a 3D Underground... *drools while daydreams about treasure* And just imagine the Distortion World. It was already pretty impressive in its original format, but just wait until 3D graphics step in. And I want to see Cynthia in 3D, along with a battle animation for her like Steven got.

I couldn't agree more with this! I can see the Distortion World becoming like one of those weird Sonic 2 special levels or something (I dunno)>

Give me Diamond & Pearl remakes, but only if they make them like the Gold & Silver remakes, and not like the Ruby & Sapphire remakes. As in, remake Platinum!

Sinnoh, though not for a long while and especially not if they continue with their current direction. Sinnoh shined its best through Platinum and it gave the region a lot of benefits that it appreciated, so I don't think it'd be a good idea if they remake those games if they're just going to ignore those features and updates as they did with Emerald.

Give me Diamond & Pearl remakes, but only if they make them like the Gold & Silver remakes, and not like the Ruby & Sapphire remakes. As in, remake Platinum!

XD

Zweilous said:
Sinnoh, though not for a long while and especially not if they continue with their current direction. Sinnoh shined its best through Platinum and it gave the region a lot of benefits that it appreciated, so I don't think it'd be a good idea if they remake those games if they're just going to ignore those features and updates as they did with Emerald.

It seems that a lot of you are on the same wavelength here XD

Seriously though, I'm hearing some really cool ideas!

DPP remakes in the 7 or 8 generation. Maybe in the distant future a Blue remake, but not now.

How about a remake/extension of Pokemon Snap?

Its a really fun game. but I dont think solely it would make a good remake. Its a very simple game. Maybe a cel phone app/game?
But would be perfect having pokemon snap as a new feature in a new generation in the core games.

I'd like to have Sinnoh remakes, or maybe new games set in the region.

My first and foremost choice would obviously be D/P. Although personally, I would like a single remake of Platinum. Unfortunately, that will most likely not happen, as GF tends to do the remakes of the paired versions and not the 3rd version. The reason I would prefer a Platinum remake over D/P is because of the drastic changes to the storyline, and incorporating the Mega-verse lore into Platinum's story would be a little more interesting. I have my suggestions already made out in this thread here:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/sinnoh-mega-verse-173919/

My first and foremost choice would obviously be D/P. Although personally, I would like a single remake of Platinum. Unfortunately, that will most likely not happen, as GF tends to do the remakes of the paired versions and not the 3rd version. The reason I would prefer a Platinum remake over D/P is because of the drastic changes to the storyline, and incorporating the Mega-verse lore into Platinum's story would be a little more interesting. I have my suggestions already made out in this thread here:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/sinnoh-mega-verse-173919/

:) A lot of you guys seem to be wanting Platinum remakes! I can see why though! It was awesome and probably better than DP!

Red and Blue, easily. Although not a remake as much as a reboot. I think we need a new remake for Gold and Silver too, for the new timeline. Here's my complilation of things I want for a Red and Blue remake (which I'd like to be called InfernoRed and SolarGreen)

My personal wants for a Gen 1 remake would be paired versions incorporating the elements of Yellow. For names, perhaps InfernoRed and SolarGreen/HydroBlue, or it could also be BlastRed and FrenzyGreen/HydroBlue (I personally think IRSG sounds better). My main wants for it would be:

*Day/Night Cycle
*Sevii Islands majorly expanded
*Leaf as a 3rd rival, introduced as the PC's sister, and chooses the 3rd starter. Role filled by Red if you choose Leaf. Final battle with them in front of the Pokemon League, afterwards they can be rematched in Pallet Town daily, and also assists you in the postgame storyline.
*Pokemon following you (Limited to Pikachu, the Kanto starters, Kanto/Johto Legendaries, Deoxys, the Hitmon's, Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, Dragonite line, Eeveelutions, Kanto fossils, Lapras, Snorlax, Togepi line, Tyranitar line?)
*Naval Rock as an actual postgame location
*Fleshed out Mew and Mewtwo backstories
*Mew/Mewtwo plays a major role in the postgame storyline. There's a storyline quest (could be an event) post-Sevii that allows you to encounter Mew in Vermillion City (wink wink) and then pursue it around Kanto, finally battling it at Mt. Silver. In its battle intro cinematic, it should use telepathy to levitate a snowball and throw it at you, to empathize its playful nature.
*Mt. Silver as a major postgame location (Could also show us why Red/Leaf are on Mt. Silver in the Johto story)
*Hoenn's Battle Frontier in the Sevii Islands (Or a totally new Kanto facility, Battle Mansion or Battle Laboratory?)
*Several NPC's always have a Pokemon following them (Blue's Eevee, which will become a member of his team alongside his normal starter, TRio's Meowth, Giovanni's Persian, Red/Leaf's Pikachu/Jigglypuff)
*TRio, but actually important to the storyline and appears past Silph. Becomes a double battle
*In-game event in Viridian Forest allowing you to capture a Pikachu. Pikachu holds a Light Ball, learns Volt Tackle at lvl 52, and refuses to evolve.
*Berry Trees
*All new pre-evo's/evo's added to Kanto dex, plus some Pokemon from Johto, and rarely from Hoenn and Sinnoh when needed (for types like Ghost for example)
*Moss Rock in Viridian Forest, Ice Rock as Seafoam Islands
*Pokemon like Magnezone can evolve in Silph Co and the Power Plant
*VS Seeker and Fame Checker return (FC actually has a reward this time, not sure what it could be. Maybe the ability to customize your character with the appearance of other NPC's, maybe even other PCs?)
*Pikachu caught in Viridian can learn Surf (Maybe it could be version dependent, Surf in FireRed and Fly in LeafGreen, similar to Red and Green in the manga)
*Pikachu's Beach/Flying Pikachu game appear/return
*Lugia's connection to the Legendary Birds is expanded
*Pokemon Amie/Super Training/PSS
*GB sounds available as an option
*Some new Mega's include:

Mega Raichu (Electric, maybe Electric/Fighting), Mega Dragonite (Dragon/Water), Mega Mew (Psychic/Fairy), Mega Omastar (Water), Mega Kabutops (Water/Bug), Mega Arcanine (Fire), Mega Persian (Normal/Dark), Mega Machamp (Fighting), Mega Golem (Rock/Fire), Mega Togekiss (Fairy/Flying), Mega Crobat (Poison/Flying), Mega Rapidash (Fire/Flying), Mega Articuno (Ice/Flying), Mega Moltres (Fire/Flying), Mega Zapdos (Electric/Flying), Mega Rhyperior (Ground/Rock), Mega Nidoroyalty (Poison/Ground), Mega Snorlax (Normal/Fighting), Mega Lapras (Water/Dragon or Water), Mega Jynx (Ice/Fairy), Mega Porygon-Z (Electric/Dark, yes a complete change :p Maybe a MissingNo based appearance), Mega Clefable (Fairy/Psychic), Mega Butterfree (Bug/Psychic)

Red and Blue, easily. Although not a remake as much as a reboot. I think we need a new remake for Gold and Silver too, for the new timeline. Here's my complilation of things I want for a Red and Blue remake (which I'd like to be called InfernoRed and SolarGreen)

My personal wants for a Gen 1 remake would be paired versions incorporating the elements of Yellow. For names, perhaps InfernoRed and SolarGreen/HydroBlue, or it could also be BlastRed and FrenzyGreen/HydroBlue (I personally think IRSG sounds better). My main wants for it would be:

*Day/Night Cycle
*Leaf as a 3rd rival, introduced as the PC's sister, and chooses the 3rd starter. Role filled by Red if you choose Leaf. Final battle with them in front of the Pokemon League, afterwards they can be rematched in Pallet Town daily, and also assists you in the postgame storyline.
*Pokemon following you (Limited to Pikachu, the Kanto starters, Kanto/Johto Legendaries, Deoxys, the Hitmon's, Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, Dragonite line, Eeveelutions, Kanto fossils, Lapras, Snorlax, Togepi line, Tyranitar line?)
*Mew/Mewtwo plays a major role in the postgame storyline. There's a storyline quest (could be an event) post-Sevii that allows you to encounter Mew in Vermillion City (wink wink) and then pursue it around Kanto, finally battling it at Mt. Silver. In its battle intro cinematic, it should use telepathy to levitate a snowball and throw it at you, to empathize its playful nature.
*Mt. Silver as a major postgame location (Could also show us why Red/Leaf are on Mt. Silver in the Johto story)
*Hoenn's Battle Frontier in the Sevii Islands (Or a totally new Kanto facility, Battle Mansion or Battle Laboratory?)
*Several NPC's always have a Pokemon following them (Blue's Eevee, which will become a member of his team alongside his normal starter, TRio's Meowth, Giovanni's Persian, Red/Leaf's Pikachu/Jigglypuff)
*TRio, but actually important to the storyline and appears past Silph. Becomes a double battle
*In-game event in Viridian Forest allowing you to capture a Pikachu. Pikachu holds a Light Ball, learns Volt Tackle at lvl 52, and refuses to evolve.
*Berry Trees
*All new pre-evo's/evo's added to Kanto dex, plus some Pokemon from Johto, and rarely from Hoenn and Sinnoh when needed (for types like Ghost for example)
*VS Seeker and Fame Checker return (FC actually has a reward this time, not sure what it could be. Maybe the ability to customize your character with the appearance of other NPC's, maybe even other PCs?)
*Pikachu caught in Viridian can learn Surf (Maybe it could be version dependent, Surf in FireRed and Fly in LeafGreen, similar to Red and Green in the manga)

Mega Raichu (Electric, maybe Electric/Fighting), Mega Dragonite (Dragon/Water), Mega Mew (Psychic/Fairy), Mega Omastar (Water), Mega Kabutops (Water/Bug), Mega Arcanine (Fire), Mega Persian (Normal/Dark), Mega Machamp (Fighting), Mega Golem (Rock/Fire), Mega Togekiss (Fairy/Flying), Mega Crobat (Poison/Flying), Mega Rapidash (Fire/Flying), Mega Articuno (Ice/Flying), Mega Moltres (Fire/Flying), Mega Zapdos (Electric/Flying), Mega Rhyperior (Ground/Rock), Mega Nidoroyalty (Poison/Ground), Mega Snorlax (Normal/Fighting), Mega Lapras (Water/Dragon or Water), Mega Jynx (Ice/Fairy), Mega Porygon-Z (Electric/Dark, yes a complete change :p Maybe a MissingNo based appearance), Mega Clefable (Fairy/Psychic), Mega Butterfree (Bug/Psychic)

Something of this sort. I do think that Red (the character) deserves a replay on the 3DS, which means Kanto remakes/reboots, whatever you wanna call them, an expanded Kanto story based off the story of RGBYFRLG, then Sinnoh and GSCHGSS remakes can come after, then Gen V remakes, then after that they can get crazy with sequels and new regions.

I'd like to see a Pokemon Yellow remake. We've already gotten R/B/G remakes, so why not Yellow? I think it could incorporate elements from R/B/G, but I think it should be Yellow that gets remade next. :3

*Day/Night Cycle
*Berry Trees

Something of this sort. I do think that Red (the character) deserves a replay on the 3DS, which means Kanto remakes/reboots, whatever you wanna call them, an expanded Kanto story based off the story of RGBYFRLG, then Sinnoh and GSCHGSS remakes can come after, then Gen V remakes, then after that they can get crazy with sequels and new regions.

i'd love to see Red in 3D! And all the other Kanto characters, now that we come to it! I think some of the Kanto gyms could be made to look nicer.

I'd like to see a Pokemon Yellow remake. We've already gotten R/B/G remakes, so why not Yellow? I think it could incorporate elements from R/B/G, but I think it should be Yellow that gets remade next. :3

My idea is basically staying with paired versions, but merging the Yellow features into them (with the TRio and Pikachu following you). Similar to HGSS basically.

DP in four or five years.

Too early in the next three years imo.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom