• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think to spoilers?

Do you enjoy spoilers?

• I love them!

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I don't mind them, but I prefer to find them out myself

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I'd prefer not to have any, but I'll still enjoy book/film/show etc

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I hate them!

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswin

Reaction score
For me it depends on the subject. Sometimes I will set out to make sure I don't have any spoilers at all, and sometimes I will read as much about it as possible, getting as many spoilers as I can.

For example, I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones, and a friend of mine has spoiled a few things, but I'm not too bothered as I'll still read and enjoy the book. On the other hand, when the next Pokémon generation comes out, I want to know as little as possible.

So what are your opinions? Do you think spoilers take away from the experience? Or do you make sure to read the last page of the book, because you can't help yourself?

Last edited:
I don't mind spoilers as much as most people, I think. If somebody spoils something for me, I'll be mad at them because they're more than likely spoiling things for less tolerant people as well, but when that happens, I manage to shift my focus to how the protagonists get to the point in question, rather than what happens.

I hate when people spoil things for me pretty much always. Especially when it's people on Google

It depends on the kind of story. If I'm following a mystery story, and someone tells me the conclusion or twist, then I will be livid. If it's something where the twist or outcome isn't the main selling point, than it just bothers me, but I won't be pissed.

Spoilers don't bother me all that much at all. *shrug* I've always been fine with them, though I often spoil things for myself rather than others doing it, so that might be part of why I don't mind.

Either way, I never really care about things being spoiled for me. ...If I wasn't, I wouldn'tve started on a random episode of Zexal--which, ironically, was the last in a mini-arc, full of spoilers. XD

I don't mind spoilers much for myself, I actually look up spoilers a lot.

Of course, I don't think it's fair to give out spoilers to those who wouldn't want them. X3

I look up spoilers on video games very often, and it doesn't bother me. But I like to be surprised when I see a movie or read a book.

I like spoilers a little too much.

I have a habit of always wanted to google the answer and then regretting it later... Although sometimes I find that following the lead-up while knowing what the big reveal is can be just as exciting as being left in suspense.

I don't really mind spoilers, unless its a book/game/TV series/movie that I'm currently reading/playing/watching. I remember playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and my cousin wound up getting ahead of me in that game and he "accidentally" spoiled some stuff for me. I was not happy. On the other hand, my friend was telling me about Catherine and actually spoiled some stuff about it to me, but I didn't find it as much as a deal because I would most likely never have access to that game(all my TV game consoles are out of date).

I usually get spoilered on everything, because I can't help but type a little something in the search box to satisfy my curiosity. Strangely, I regret it afterwards.

Insane, I know. But it usually doesn't impair my enjoyment of the thing. I mean, look at AGoT. I spoilered myself a fair bit but I still loved the book.

I don't mind as much if it's something like manga or anime since I usually go and spoil things for myself, though if it's a movie/t.v. series/ book I hate them and it ruins a lot for me, especially the big ones. Breaking Dawn for example kept getting spoiled for me before I got a chance to read it since Twilight became more popular when I decided to read, so I couldn't get past the first few chapters until I moved to NY, and while I enjoyed the book, I didn't enjoy everything in it because of the spoilers.

Hate them - when I first picked up The Great Gatsby in American lit, someone wrote the ending in the front cover. And I was sitting there like ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

I actually enjoy spoilers. I don't like them sometimes though, but most of the time I do.

I tend to be very careful with spoilers. I like to know a few things about something to whet my appetite and get me excited for its release, but once I feel like I know enough, I avoid spoilers at all costs. I want to discover most of its content for myself, I don't see the point in finding out everything beforehand.

Spoilers have...RUINED! MY! LIFE:saiyan:! I just end up finding them everywhere if I'm trying to or not:conangry:.

For whatever reason, I end up spoiling practically everything for myself. I don't really mind.

I tend to avoid spoilers when I can, unless it's for something I'm probably never going to watch/read/play, whether by choice or lack of time. With Pokemon BW2, for example, I have been religiously avoiding spoilers. It's working pretty well so far, I think, though it's going to be hell for the few days between the US and NZ releases. =_=

I'm OK with spoilers as long as I am the one finding them, not someone else throwing them at my face. For example, sometimes there are series with a part I know I won't be able to read/play/watch in a while, so curiosity takes the best of me and I spoiler myself a bit to know what happened and to be not so out of loop. Spoilers usually don't ruin my experience a lot, though, except if it's for something heavily plot twist dependent (like a mystery). The ride itself offers the most fun to me.

I hate spoilers in books and some games, but generally they don't surprise me so I don't mind. If there's a huge twist, I'll be horribly disappointed to find out before I reach it myself.

I'm probably one of the few people in the world that loves spoilers. I don't agree that it ruins the experience at all. If anything it enhances it for me. When I know what's coming I can look forward to it and it's always different than how you expected it to be anyway, spoilers or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom