• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

A tyrannosaurus rex would be interesting to see, but I do agree that they at the very least seem to be holding off on it (if not avoiding it).

I believe Tyranitar is a Tyrannosaurus Rex. He looks a bit like one, and even has the "Tyran" in the name.

Also, bulbapedia says this: "Tyranitar seems to be based on Godzilla, a kaiju known for its strength, tough skin and ability to shoot beams from its mouth. Godzilla itself was designed by combining three dinosaurs: Iguanodon, Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus."

A tyrannosaurus rex would be interesting to see, but I do agree that they at the very least seem to be holding off on it (if not avoiding it).

I believe Tyranitar is a Tyrannosaurus Rex. He looks a bit like one, and even has the "Tyran" in the name.

Also, bulbapedia says this: "Tyranitar seems to be based on Godzilla, a kaiju known for its strength, tough skin and ability to shoot beams from its mouth. Godzilla itself was designed by combining three dinosaurs: Iguanodon, Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus."
This is actually a debate that's been going on pretty much ever since Tyranitar first showed up. I wasn't going to mention it because I was worried it might cause an argument, but since it's been brought up now I don't see why I shouldn't contribute. The "Tyra" part of Tyranitar's name might be based on Tyrannosaurus, but it seems to me a bit more likely that it's based on the word Tyrant, because it's a Pokemon with incredible brute power.

Also, I have a few more ideas for species they can make:
*Squid
*Sawfigh
*Swordfish
*Oarfish
*Nautilus
*Whatever this thing is:
tumblr_m7otk0VEdZ1rweocso1_1280.jpg

I always thought Rampardos was based off of the tyrannosaurus :|

A panda, preferrably Normal/Dark. Spinda doesn't cut it. Make it happen, GameFreak. Normal/Grass wouldn't be bad either, if it wielded bamboo or something.

I have two ideas for new Pokemon that I came up with years ago; I'd love to see something even remotely similar to these.
1) Agricorn.
It's the Corn Pokemon, which looks like an ear of corn with four leaves and a face. Its primary mode of transportation is flight, which it does by spinning its leaves like propellers. If it needs to, it can also travel through the ground by wrapping its leaves around itself and spinning like a drill. It can also dive bomb opponents by doing this in mid-flight, basically switching from a helicopter to a spinning missile.
The brilliance of it is that it seems very simple but has a very wide variety of potential attacks. Because it's an ear of corn, it can utilize its kernels to use seed based moves like Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed, and Worry Seed; because it travels by using its leaves as propellers, it would be able to learn wind-based attacks like Gust, Whirlwind, and Hurricane; because it has its drill form it can use moves like Dig and Drill Run; because it's leaves are the key to its locomotion it would be able to use leaf-based moves like Razor Leaf, Leaf Storm, and Leaf Blade. From its simple body shape it gains a menagerie of different fighting styles and moves.

2) A Pokemon that looks like a section of the wall of a reef, with holes all over its body. The dangerous thing about it is its arms, which look just like a pair of moray eels, and are able to travel freely between the holes all over its body. It's like Cloyster, where nobody really knows exactly what it looks like within its shell. It has no eyes on the outside of its body, but has one massive eye that, like its arms, moves freely within its body and can appear through any of the holes on its body, giving it a 360 degree range of vision.
That seems like the kind of Pokemon that would be as scary as hell to battle against, because you'll think you're sneaking up on it one moment, and then be staring at this giant eye looking out at you from the blackness a moment later, and right after that a pair of eels will end up attacking you from the other holes in its body. It would be just plain scary, especially if the eel arms had eyes of their own as well.

How about this-
A Water/Poison type based on an oil slick
A Rock/Poison type based on radioactivity

Or a Pokemon with three forms: Rock/Fire, Rock/Ground, and Rock/Steel based on igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks respectively, and can change between them under certain conditions.

How about this-
A Water/Poison type based on an oil slick
A Rock/Poison type based on radioactivity

Or a Pokemon with three forms: Rock/Fire, Rock/Ground, and Rock/Steel based on igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks respectively, and can change between them under certain conditions.

Reminds me of two ideas for Pokemon I thought of years ago: one whose body is just an amorphous blob of pure salt, and one which is an amorphous blob of pure sand. We already have an amorphous blob of sludge and an amorphous blob of garbage, so why not?

Speaking of that, I actually think a Salt-type would be interesting. It might be hard to choose what to make it strong and weak against though, because there are so many types I can see salt being strong against:
Steel: Salt speeds the process of corrosion in metal.
Grass: If you salt the ground in a plot of earth, no plants will be able to grow there for a LONG time
Water: Salt dries up water
Ice: Salt melts ice
Ghost: Salt is used for many rituals to ward off spirits

As for types it would be weak against:
Psychic: Because salt is used by mediums and people like that, it could be seen as weak against Psychic types on the grounds that it's a tool used by psychics
Fire: Salt makes things dry, but fire dries things up even more
Poison: Salt is poisonous in even small doses (a lethal dose can be contained in a single salt shaker), so it and Poison-types would likely be one of those pairs of types where neither one does very much damage to the other.

I want romance in-game. like dating-sim type where you can date atleast 5 different people where you can meet them in towns or something. seriously this game needs something different so it won't just be catching pokemon and battling gym leaders. :lol:

Um, even though the player trainers are supposed to be avatars of us, they're designed to be like 10 year old kids. And since Pokemon is intended for all ages, I do not think a dating sim would be very appropriate.

oh right forgot about the fact that the PC's are 10 year olds. :shy: then maybe pokemon dating :lol:

Well, they were older in G5...

I want romance in-game. like dating-sim type where you can date atleast 5 different people where you can meet them in towns or something. seriously this game needs something different so it won't just be catching pokemon and battling gym leaders. :lol:

Um, even though the player trainers are supposed to be avatars of us, they're designed to be like 10 year old kids. And since Pokemon is intended for all ages, I do not think a dating sim would be very appropriate.

oh right forgot about the fact that the PC's are 10 year olds. :shy: then maybe pokemon dating :lol:

The games are still targeted for people of all ages, including young children. A dating sim would still not be very appropriate for a Pokemon game. And besides, it should not be the main focus of the games. Pokemon are the main focus.

The games are still targeted for people of all ages, including young children. A dating sim would still not be very appropriate for a Pokemon game. And besides, it should not be the main focus of the games. Pokemon are the main focus.

Maybe more subtle then, like a side ark of the story...

I'd rather not have a dating sim whatsoever in the Pokemon games. I just don't see a point in it at all.

I'd rather not have a dating sim whatsoever in the Pokemon games. I just don't see a point in it at all.

Yeah I agree with what your saying a dating feature is a big no especially with games that are aimed at kids. I also don't see Pokémon as that kind of franchise anyway so I don't think it would work especially with parents who might be bothered by it.

id like to see a predated genesect befor team plazma did there alteration to him and a lot more dino/fossil style pokemon. them keep alot of the random poketech/pokenav/pokegear and the cgear each of these had awsome apps and usefullnesswish they would combine them. along with like lots of side quests and misions before and after the poke league and just more things to do along with a extra region to explore and more sites to explore for ex:pokélantis,Pokémopolis. and possible pokemon with ancent markings and symbols for example: Alakazam and Gengar from episode The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis

I really want another Pokewalker like device with Gen 6. I loved the idea and still do, honestly I'd love it if they did this again. I kinda got my doubts on them making another Pokewalker again, but still.

I'd like one more character for the Pokémon species/nicknames. They could finally fix Feraligator's and Victrebell's names.

I'd like one more character for the Pokémon species/nicknames. They could finally fix Feraligator's and Victrebell's names.
While I do hope they add more room, I don't see them going back and retconning the spelling of their names.

What I really want is to be able to re-name traded and event Pokémon.

Back when your only trading options were friends/irl people, keeping the "sentiment" of the original nickname kinda made sense. And if you didn't like the name, you could always pester your bud to trade it back and change the name.

But now that trade's opened up worldwide, the "sentiment" thing doesn't make as much sense. Besides which, if you get a badly-named 'mon, you're stuck with a dumb nickname. ヽ( ̄д ̄;)

And I'd really love to be able to name event Pokémon! I don't understand why that was never an option.

If it's released on eShop, I'd like an option to connect your game to eShop downloaded versions. Say you buy both and want to trade between them, there's a way to access Y from your X game that's saved to the 3DS sort of like you can with the Dream Radar.

I'd be more likely to buy both if I could have one in cartridge and one in downloadable format and still connect them. I don't want to drop another 200~ on the XL for a second 3ds, but still have a way to move pokemon between games. Maybe this could be a good alternative to needing a second machine.

Back
Top Bottom