• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

In regards to nicknames, I do think it would be a good idea to reassign the "parental guardian," if you will, of a pokemon upon being transferred. Like, if my pokemon's OT in Black is Monty, then any pkmn sent to my Gen VI game with that same OT can be renamed. It'd be like connecting different generations to the same person playing them...
Like, connecting two games so you can both share the same OT/ID so you can rename your Pokemon traded from your other game?

EDIT: Does this count as double posting?

In regards to nicknames, I do think it would be a good idea to reassign the "parental guardian," if you will, of a pokemon upon being transferred. Like, if my pokemon's OT in Black is Monty, then any pkmn sent to my Gen VI game with that same OT can be renamed. It'd be like connecting different generations to the same person playing them...
Like, connecting two games so you can both share the same OT/ID so you can rename your Pokemon traded from your other game?

That's sort of what I mean, but not having to change the OT. Like, both those OTs are yours. Does that even make sense outside my brain?

That's sort of what I mean, but not having to change the OT. Like, both those OTs are yours. Does that even make sense outside my brain?
Yes, it does. :)

1. I hate the "not being able to nickname traded Pokemon" thing too. But, if Pokemon wants to keep the whole "bonding" theme, maybe if a traded Pokemon is at max friendship, you can rename it, as your bond to it is close enough for you to rename it.

You're not the first person to suggest that, but yes, that's a good compromise.

3. Isn't there a map for that? They can just make the map more detailed. Boom.

It's not just about finding your way around the map, most of the problems come from having to talk to the right people at the right time. For instance, when I first played Pearl, I got lost real easily after the 6th gym because I didn't know how to get Strength. I didn't really feel like going through Lost Tower, and while I did talk to the NPC who told you you have to go there, I didn't really pay him much attention and quickly forgot about him. Thing is, they didn't really hint that well enough. The problem is you get Strength long before you need it, and if you finally get to the point where you need it after having skipped it, there's nothing telling you to go back there and you're left with no clue where to look.

Anyway, through this system, if you ever get lost for whatever reason, the device would essentially remind you of what you're supposed to do next, kind of like in Metroidvania style games (they tell you where to go and what you're supposed to do, but not how to get there). I suppose they could also just give better hints from NPCs, but I feel adding a key item for this would be a more kid friendly solution.

Maybe, but I'm not sure that idea would work. What if you decide to give your game to someone else?

Changing the names of traded pokémon, hell yes, ''respecting the previous trainer's wishes'', my ass, why would I respect a trainer who named their Milotic ''Uglyfk''?

I want the maturity of storyline and characters to continue to develop that was really concreted in Black and White. The fact that Bianca and Cheren faced life changing realizations throughout their journeys, N and Ghetsis had this shocker of a history, and...this might not agree with others but...

Ghetsis trying to ACTUALLY off the trainer who was causing him trouble. Woah, I got a chill when that happened. It was actually...believable for a game that gets its image from a yellow rat with red cheeks that is a living telsa coil. I would like to see the villians be...villianous in this Gen. 6. Not the campiness of Galactic, or the stupidity of Magma and Aqua (really, couldn't tell the different of the Orbs?), or the...well, lameness that really was Team Rocket. Their leader - a self-styled mafioso - loses to a ten year old boy...then calls it quits? "Welp, that little kid bested my plans...I think...I'm gonna just disappear for a while, maybe emotionally scar my son too. Yeah." To me that's why Ghetsis brought a new level of evil to Pokemon bosses. He really just said, "Screw a fair battle to decide our outcomes, Rosa, I'm just gonna kill you instead. Byes now~!"

I really wanna see the bad guys continue to be really bad. Not like the "bad guys" that the 80's cartoons - like Slithe and the Mutants - started. I don't mean make them go around killing people and stuff, but be at least believable as villains. That's really the big thing I ask for.

1. I hate the "not being able to nickname traded Pokemon" thing too. But, if Pokemon wants to keep the whole "bonding" theme, maybe if a traded Pokemon is at max friendship, you can rename it, as your bond to it is close enough for you to rename it.

You're not the first person to suggest that, but yes, that's a good compromise.

3. Isn't there a map for that? They can just make the map more detailed. Boom.

It's not just about finding your way around the map, most of the problems come from having to talk to the right people at the right time. For instance, when I first played Pearl, I got lost real easily after the 6th gym because I didn't know how to get Strength. I didn't really feel like going through Lost Tower, and while I did talk to the NPC who told you you have to go there, I didn't really pay him much attention and quickly forgot about him. Thing is, they didn't really hint that well enough. The problem is you get Strength long before you need it, and if you finally get to the point where you need it after having skipped it, there's nothing telling you to go back there and you're left with no clue where to look.

Anyway, through this system, if you ever get lost for whatever reason, the device would essentially remind you of what you're supposed to do next, kind of like in Metroidvania style games (they tell you where to go and what you're supposed to do, but not how to get there). I suppose they could also just give better hints from NPCs, but I feel adding a key item for this would be a more kid friendly solution.

Maybe, but I'm not sure that idea would work. What if you decide to give your game to someone else?

1. Oh.
2. That's why walkthoughs were invented and you don't really need to find things in the main game anymore, unless you're trying to get everything in the game without using Serebii.net or Bulbapedia. But kids without/not old enough to use/that don't want to use internet could benefit from this, along with the fact that it wastes time. This could be the best idea you've said yet.
3. They delete your save file because they want to start the game fresh. Duh.

EDIT:
I want the maturity of storyline and characters to continue to develop that was really concreted in Black and White. The fact that Bianca and Cheren faced life changing realizations throughout their journeys, N and Ghetsis had this shocker of a history, and...this might not agree with others but...

Ghetsis trying to ACTUALLY off the trainer who was causing him trouble. Woah, I got a chill when that happened. It was actually...believable for a game that gets its image from a yellow rat with red cheeks that is a living telsa coil. I would like to see the villians be...villianous in this Gen. 6. Not the campiness of Galactic, or the stupidity of Magma and Aqua (really, couldn't tell the different of the Orbs?), or the...well, lameness that really was Team Rocket. Their leader - a self-styled mafioso - loses to a ten year old boy...then calls it quits? "Welp, that little kid bested my plans...I think...I'm gonna just disappear for a while, maybe emotionally scar my son too. Yeah." To me that's why Ghetsis brought a new level of evil to Pokemon bosses. He really just said, "Screw a fair battle to decide our outcomes, Rosa, I'm just gonna kill you instead. Byes now~!"

I really wanna see the bad guys continue to be really bad. Not like the "bad guys" that the 80's cartoons - like Slithe and the Mutants - started. I don't mean make them go around killing people and stuff, but be at least believable as villains. That's really the big thing I ask for.
This is not relevant at all, but are you a girl? You're apparently genderless, according to your profile picture (I'm assuming Porygon means you don't want to share your gender) and you said Rosa. Is that an example...?

Am I starting to sound creepy?

This is not relevant at all, but are you a girl? You're apparently genderless, according to your profile picture (I'm assuming Porygon means you don't want to share your gender) and you said Rosa. Is that an example...?

Kekeke, I also said "loses to a ten year old boy". Sooooo, mystery mystery mystery~!

I will grant you that Red is canon though. And nothing is wrong with questions, it's how we get to understanding. The problem here is getting a straight answer.

Last edited:

Kekeke, I also said "loses to a ten year old boy". Sooooo, mystery mystery mystery~!

I will grant you that Red is canon though. And nothing is wrong with questions, it's how we get to understanding. The problem here is getting a straight answer.
I like pancakes. "F
TRANSLATION:
OK. :)<D}

Another thing I would like that I'm not sure has been mentioned is, when you're in a battle and your health is low they should replace the annoying beeping with a more intense or dramatic type of music instead!

I'll list the things I would like. I'll probably edit later.
- The option to re-nickname traded Pokémon with the permission of the trader.
- The ability to buy drinks from the drink machines in bundles instead of one at a time or another place to get drinks in bundles.

Just thought of something else I'd like to see. The return of ball capsules. I liked the feature and I don't know why they gor rid of it. I'd love to see it in 3D.
I also wondered if we'd be seeing any new Poke Balls this gen. Technically we haven't had any new ones since gen 4 since the Dream Ball was only usable in the Dream World. I think it would be nice to have some new Pokeballs. though I'm not sure what their effects would be.

Generation V introduced something I always wanted, Gym Leaders getting more spotlight. A lot more gym leaders were given more roles in the main story rather than being a lonely NPC stuck in their gym. In Black and White, all (save for the Striation trio) the gym leaders went and fought the Seven Sages. In Black and White 2, there's Cheren, Marlon, Skyla, and some others I might be forgetting. Cheren helped quite a bit, Marlon opened the Plasma Frigate, and Skyla brought us to Lentimas. Although some of them were given one-shot scenes, they still had more of a role than what previous games gave to other gym leaders.

Now, what I want in Generation VI, is that Pokemon would expand on these skilled Pokemon trainers rather than someone that you crush just for a badge. They are an important part of the game, why not give them some more love? :3

On a less serious note, I want them to bring back interaction similar to Curtis or Nancy. Thanks~

Generation V introduced something I always wanted, Gym Leaders getting more spotlight. A lot more gym leaders were given more roles in the main story rather than being a lonely NPC stuck in their gym. In Black and White, all (save for the Striation trio) the gym leaders went and fought the Seven Sages. In Black and White 2, there's Cheren, Marlon, Skyla, and some others I might be forgetting. Cheren helped quite a bit, Marlon opened the Plasma Frigate, and Skyla brought us to Lentimas. Although some of them were given one-shot scenes, they still had more of a role than what previous games gave to other gym leaders.

Now, what I want in Generation VI, is that Pokemon would expand on these skilled Pokemon trainers rather than someone that you crush just for a badge. They are an important part of the game, why not give them some more love? :3

This. The Gym Leaders are supposedly influential, successful trainers...why, then, do they sit around (most of them, and before Gen 5) when there's trouble afoot? I always found it strange.

On a less serious note, I want them to bring back interaction similar to Curtis or Nancy. Thanks~
I agree. And for that matter, they should add the Elite Four and the regional Champion as well in terms of having important roles other than being Elite Four / Champion.

Also, most people somewhere said that they'd like a PWT in Gen VI as well, right? I agree with that, but the Elite Four of each region should be included as well.

- The ability to buy drinks from the drink machines in bundles instead of one at a time or another place to get drinks in bundles.

This reminds me, I'm sick of the item collectors doing the same thing. If you end up with like, 10 Tinymushrooms or something you have to sell them off one by one and it's really time consuming. You should be able to sell as many of each item as you want.

Speaking of item collectors, they should give some of those items actual use again, particularly the Mulch and Flutes.

Well it seems an interestin generation, I hope it will be as interesting and cool as like everyone want to.
I really hope that this generation to be much better than it's previous.
I want in this generation:

*A bigger region, with much more to do, not like Unova.
*To be able to visit previous regions; I would include here Hoenn or Unova, or even both. Would pretty cool.
*To feature contests like the anime; one appeal round and then battles.
*Pokemon World Tournament to return with an extendtion. Featuring more battles.
*The player to be able to walk alongside a pokemon, like in HGSS.
*Two rivals for the player, like in BW, one male, and one female, this time the female rival to be a gothic one, evil, like Kamon or Paul.
*To enter a gym battle along with your rival.
*AND PLEASE A DARK TYPE GYM. EVERYONE NEED A HISTORICAL CHANGE.
*The gyms to be: Rock-f, Psychic-m, Steel-f, Ice-m/Bug-f, New type(if there would be the rumored one)-both/double,Fighting-m and DARK TYPE GYM-m or f.
*A gym wich battle in Double battlles.
*The elite four to be: Water (male) , Grass (female) , Fire(female) , Flying(male).
*The Champion (male) : Various/The new type/Ghost/Dark
*The starters evolutionary line:
grass - grass/ground - grass/ground
fire - fire/flying or psychic - fire/flying or psychic
water - water/ice - water/ice
*Some new type combinations:
dark/water
dragon/dark
dragon/water
water/fire
flying/any type
PURE FLYING TYPE NON LEGENDARY POKEMON
and some other interesting combos.
*Some prevos and evolutions for the previous pokemon, the needed one.
*I would like an evo for Togetic, branched, to be a dual type normal/ dragon or normal/dark pokemon more bigger than Togekiss.
*An evo for Pachirisu, Emolga, Luvdisc, Dunsparce and a lot of others.
*Sylveon to be a 1) Bug type ; 2)Flying type ; 3)New type
Don't let it be Normal.

That's all for now.

Well it seems an interestin generation, I hope it will be as interesting and cool as like everyone want to.
I really hope that this generation to be much better than it's previous.
I want in this generation:

*A bigger region, with much more to do, not like Unova.
*To be able to visit previous regions; I would include here Hoenn or Unova, or even both. Would pretty cool.
*To feature contests like the anime; one appeal round and then battles.
*Pokemon World Tournament to return with an extendtion. Featuring more battles.
*The player to be able to walk alongside a pokemon, like in HGSS.
*Two rivals for the player, like in BW, one male, and one female, this time the female rival to be a gothic one, evil, like Kamon or Paul.
*To enter a gym battle along with your rival.
*AND PLEASE A DARK TYPE GYM. EVERYONE NEED A HISTORICAL CHANGE.
*The gyms to be: Rock-f, Psychic-m, Steel-f, Ice-m/Bug-f, New type(if there would be the rumored one)-both/double,Fighting-m and DARK TYPE GYM-m or f.
*A gym wich battle in Double battlles.
*The elite four to be: Water (male) , Grass (female) , Fire(female) , Flying(male).
*The Champion (male) : Various/The new type/Ghost/Dark
*The starters evolutionary line:
grass - grass/ground - grass/ground
fire - fire/flying or psychic - fire/flying or psychic
water - water/ice - water/ice
*Some new type combinations:
dark/water
dragon/dark
dragon/water
water/fire
flying/any type
PURE FLYING TYPE NON LEGENDARY POKEMON
and some other interesting combos.
*Some prevos and evolutions for the previous pokemon, the needed one.
*I would like an evo for Togetic, branched, to be a dual type normal/ dragon or normal/dark pokemon more bigger than Togekiss.
*An evo for Pachirisu, Emolga, Luvdisc, Dunsparce and a lot of others.
*Sylveon to be a 1) Bug type ; 2)Flying type ; 3)New type
Don't let it be Normal.

That's all for now.
1. Five words. Black 2 and White 2.
2. That's what remakes and HeartGold and SoulSilver were for. I would actually really like to see other regions in 3D.
3. Contests never really appealed to me. This might change that.
4. There's already all the gym leaders, plus a bunch of random trainers. What more do you need?!
5. That was awesome, but probably will not happen again in the near future.
6. That would be awesome! The gothic female rival sounds like a future Dark-type gym leader.
7. Maybe the battle could coincidentally be the only one with two co-gym leaders in it?
8. See 6.
9. Probably not in that exact order, or those exact types, but I like your layout except for the "Rock type" as a first gym thing. Poor Fennekin users. Well, this is what you get for choosing your starter purely based on looks and stupid predictions.
10. Yeah! See 7.
11. Fire seems likely, due to that flaming room, but that's probably the champion's room or a villian's room.
12. I don't agree with the starter types. Especially Fennekin being a Fire/Psychic.
13. Water/Fire seems especially appealing to me.
14. As long as they don't overdo it, like Sinnoh and Johto.
15. Luvdisc could have an evolution that looks like a cross between it and Alomomola. Aluvavula, anyone?
16. No comment.

I honestly doubt we will be able to travel to different regions in this gen. We've only been able to do that once and that is because Johto and Kanto are quite close together. As I understand, Unova is the furthest from any other region, and that is because Unova is based on New York, while the previous four regions are based on Japanese regions. Considering this new region seems to be based on Europe, or atleast France, I'd say this region will also be far away from the other regions.

By the looks of it, Game Freak wants to start making their Pokemon regions more disperse, having cultural and geographical differences spread across the Pokemon world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom