• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I'd really like DLC on the eShop to allow us to visit other regions such as Hoenn and Kanto. The Hoenn one can come out a few years after XY comes out so they don't have to make remakes. The DLC can cost $20 and be advertised as a "full game experience" like New Super Luigi U and also have its own box and everything, but those that don't want to start all new adventures can just continue in Hoenn with their full roster. Think of it like going to Kanto in the Gen 2 games

They can only do so much with DLC, including entire regions would be too much (not to mention that it would be too repetitive to see every region appear in every generation). It'd be more reasonable to get something about the size of the Sevii Islands or the Battle Zone, with only a few new cities and routes and stuff.

No, it would excuse them from making a full scale Gen 3 remake and it would get as much hype as one.

And it would be stupid from a business standpoint. If they had the option of basically making a gen III remake as DLC and selling it for something like $20 or just going ahead and making a gen III remake and selling it for $35 or whatever 3DS games go for, they would be idiotic to chose the former.

Clothing:
Horned Hat: A hat from a friend living in a faraway village.
Fairy Hairclip: A blue, fairy-shaped hairclip. It's a gift to you from a friend living in a faraway place.
Overalls: A pair of blue overalls. They're from a friend living in a faraway kingdom.
Space Suit: A color-changing space suit. It was sent from a friend who loves to explore.
Awesome T-Shirt: A T-shirt with a picture of multiple friends on it.
Boxing Gloves: Green boxing gloves. They were sent from a sport-loving friend.

Brownie points (do you prefer cookie points? Pastry points? Cake points? Sorry, we're out of those. Apparently, the guy was lying when he said he would bring more cake points.) for anyone who gets all the references.

Last edited:
Just thought of something else I hope we get in X and Y; more gender differences for Pokémon. Gen 5 was really lacking in that department. I hope for rather significant differences like Unfezant/Hippowdon/Jellicent with different colors or overall appearance. But even something minor like Flotzel/Butterfree would be okay. I just hope there are more.

With Litleo being based on a lion I could easily see it go for something similar to Luxray having different sized manes based on gender; or maybe even more realistic where females won't have manes at all.

Wailord. 'Nuff said.
Pokemon Colosseum / XD actually scaled Wailord down a bit so it wouldn't overcrowd the arena if you're up against an opponent double battling two of them. Other than that the 3D iterations of the series have rendered Pokemon more or less to scale.

a realistic size of Pokemon in their battle

(Not trying to be mean...)

But no, it won't happen. Why?

Wailord. 'Nuff said.

A horde of wailord.

What I want to see would be other pokemon (either from npc's or other players you interact with) appearing in the daycare centre so there is a chance if you put 1 pokemon in it may result in a mystery pokemon egg.

I would like to be able to make my pokemon follows me!

What I want to see would be other pokemon (either from npc's or other players you interact with) appearing in the daycare centre so there is a chance if you put 1 pokemon in it may result in a mystery pokemon egg.
That's an interesting idea. I just want the Daycare lot to be open air again and you can actually see more of these "other" Pokemon, kinda like how Hoenn did it.

I'd really like DLC on the eShop to allow us to visit other regions such as Hoenn and Kanto. The Hoenn one can come out a few years after XY comes out so they don't have to make remakes. The DLC can cost $20 and be advertised as a "full game experience" like New Super Luigi U and also have its own box and everything, but those that don't want to start all new adventures can just continue in Hoenn with their full roster. Think of it like going to Kanto in the Gen 2 games

OMG! I never even considered something like this. I would totally pay $10 per region, maybe $20 if there is some content beyond the region's gyms and region specific PKMN.
It would probably be closer to $30-$40 due to the amount of work it'll need.

I hope they bring back the rods early, instead of having just 1 rod in the postgame like gen 5.

I hope they bring back the rods early, instead of having just 1 rod in the postgame like gen 5.

Depends on what they do with Water type distribution. They were relegated to post game in 5th gen because of rippling water, having that plus the fishing rods would've been redundant and you'd be seeing a lot more distribution spam in water areas.

a realistic size of Pokemon in their battle

(Not trying to be mean...)

But no, it won't happen. Why?

Wailord. 'Nuff said.

A horde of wailord.

Could be fun, lol XD

They were relegated to post game in 5th gen because of rippling water, having that plus the fishing rods would've been redundant and you'd be seeing a lot more distribution spam in water areas.

I thought rippling water Pokemon only appeared with the fishing rod? In that case, Gen V's waters only gave you the Pokes you get from surfing.

Also, to support @brentoni;, there's a lot of rivers in this region, so I think this is a reason we could get a rod earlier in the game.
Anyway, I still hope we do regardless.

Even with rippling water, they could come up with an "ultra rod" or something, which would be the only one that works on rippling water, and is only available post-game.

I'm constantly amazed at how uncreative GF can be sometimes. -_-

... I really don't see the point of such an item. We already have multiple ways of getting Pokemon out of the same patch of water, and this is more than enough water types for any given game. If you want postgame-only water 'mons, just have them in postgame areas. Your "ultra rod" would be utterly redundant (and also not even that creative, so I'm not sure why you're complaining about uncreativity here?).

I just want a decent 3D battling game for Generation VI, seeing that V didn't have one. I want something better than the God-awful Pokémon Battle Revolution. And do you know what? It's not hard.

-Don't make Player 2 have to wait for Player 1 to choose their move, and let them hide the moves like in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. It's ridiculous everyone gets to see each other's moves. The same goes for selecting the Pokémon. Player 2 shouldn't have to wait for Player 1 to choose.
-Add mini-games again. I don't know, 10-15 mini-games would be okay. One gets tired of battling and battling and battling all the time, you know?
-Add more cups and challenges (I reckon Battle Revolution excelled at this).
-Let 4 players participate in Double Battles.

That's all it would need to be better than Battle Revolution. They've done it already with Stadium 1 and Stadium 2.

Back
Top Bottom