• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

You know how in some RPGs there are battles you have to lose to proceed in the storyline?

Why has that not happened in Pokémon, anyway?

Not sure if this has been said, but the option at the start of the game to customise your character - skin colour, clothing colours, different styles of hat/jacket/shirt/etc. I mean, I like the design of the playable characters, but I'd rather get to play as a sprite that looks vaguely like me. For people that make games as good as Pokémon, this shouldn't be too difficult, surely?

Isn't a bit early to ask a question like this? Whatever... here's what I want

Starters
Grass Type: Archaeopteryx(Grass/Rock)
Fire Type: Red Panda( Fire/Dark)
Water Type: Komodo Dragon or Dolphin(Water/Poison or Water/Psychic)

Cross Gen Evolutions
Eevee- Three evolutions (Rock, Steel, and Flying)
Swoobat Evolution - Courtsbat(Flying/Psychic)
Jynx Evolution
Audino Evolution
Beartic Evolution
Liepard Evolution
Pinsir Evolution
Druddigon Evolution(Dragon/Rock)

Pre Evolutions
Sawk/Throh Pre-Evo
Druddigon Pre-Evo
Skarmory Pre-Evo
Pansage/Pour/Sear Pre-Evo - Normal Type

I think they should be called Orange and Purple, with the third version being called Pink. The mascot for Orange would be a Dragon-type, the mascot of Purple would be a Psychic-type, and the mascot of Pink would be a Poison-type.

Female Ground, Water, Electric, Bug, and Fire Gym Leaders
Ground - Brenna
Water - Cobaltette
Electric - Leminina
Bug - Mintina
Fire - Scarletta

Male Grass and Dragon Gym Leaders
Grass - Avogadro
Dragon - Tangrino

A male or female Dark-type Gym Leader depending on version:
Blake (Primary Version, a la Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, HeartGold, and Black)
or
Ebonette (Secondary Version, a la Blue, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, SoulSilver, and White)

Elite Four
Fighting - Female - Marona
Ghost - Male - Mauven
Psychic - Male - Amethyo
Poision - Female - Rosie
What does anyone think?

I want side-quests, and mini-games. I want more to do, so I'm not bored within a few months. Also, I want there to be a watered-down plot; enough with this "take-over-the-world-so-we-can-create-a-new-world" BS.

I want an original plot this time. I'm getting bored of these ten-year-old-saves-the-world plot. I would love to be able to customize the player character and be able to beat the game without being a trainer. And a Dark type gym. We need one.

There will never be character customization ever. If you want it go play PBR. It would ruin the entire point of the main games.

There will never be character customization ever. If you want it go play PBR. It would ruin the entire point of the main games.
Character customization would take away the ability to catch and raise Pokemon? ... Oh, I'm sorry, you did say the "entire point", didn't you?

In addition to character customization, I'd be interested in some sort of morality system. Good choices, bad choices, a branching storyline -- not too branching, but maybe with subtle differences depending on the choices you make.

Yeaaaahno. I'm not seeing how it would "ruin the entire point of the main games". Your character looks different so you're unable to catch any Pokémon?

In addition to character customization, I'd be interested in some sort of morality system. Good choices, bad choices, a branching storyline -- not too branching, but maybe with subtle differences depending on the choices you make.

I like that. I remember at the end of Nugget Bridge in Kanto, there was the guy that offers your character a position in Team Rocket, saying that you could become one of the admins (or something like that). I remember wondering why we weren't allowed to make choices like that.

I know, its like having us represented by different trainer classes in online and local wifi play...oh wait.

Game Freak's already half-assing it, might as well go all the way. Besides, collecting customization items may actually make people play even longer just for that, to collect these items. They could easily keep their "main character" looking like however they want them to look for the purposes of an ingame story, but when we're communicating with others, we'd like some individuality.

@Transfinite
Considering that HgSs's plot revolved around a legendary finding a Pokemon that connects the hearts of humans and Pokemon, Sinnoh myths talked about the relations of people and Pokemon, and BW finally giving us a plot revolving around that theme, I can really see a morality system being implemented, perhaps springing off the happiness system.

Last edited:
I want a good, unique generation.. That's pretty much it.

Yeah, and I'll list some things I'd like to see in Generation VI.

* Dark type gym leader? My. God.
* Fire/Fighting starter = gotta go... at least this generation
* I want my Hoenn/Sinnoh map back, not the lame Unova map. HGSS was okay
* BRING BACK THE POISON EFFECT AFTER A BATTLE (it's much more suspenseful that way)
* Make it less non-linear, Unova was ugh...
* Post E4 - Make more side-quests and a whole bunch of NEW AREAS.... Unova and Hoenn was especially disappointing.
* Bring something new and exciting.

I sound like I'm bashing Unova, but I'm really not. I love it and it is one of my favorite generation. :)

The return of battles that put your Pokemon at Lv. 100 and allow you to use all 6 of your Pokemon at a time.

Those need to come back, I don't have the time or patience to raise a Pokemon to Lv. 100.

General:
-Seasonal/Area Outfits: Seasonal/Area Outfits is where your character wears heavier clothes during winter and in cold enviroments while he/she wears lighter clothes during summer and in tropical enviroments
-Traveling Trainers: Traveling Trainers are trainers that travel around the region. However, the pokemon levels will be be scaled to the route he/she is on

Player Character:
-Sibling(s): I want the player character to have a sibling (or siblings). The sibling(s) could be a gym leader (like what happend in R/S/E with the dad), elite four, champion, or a rival.
-Customizable Player Character: Like it says, Customizable Player Character is defined by the player not by Game Freak
-Non-Starter Starter Pokemon: A Non-Starter Starter Pokemon is like the Pokemon Manga where each of the Characters has a Pokemon that isn't the Starter Pokemon. Legendaries and Actual Starters are exempt from this due to balance and story line reasons
-Dark Side: I whould like to have the PC walk on the dark side or does stuff that whould border the Dark Side for atleast a short time for story line progression, whether it be infiltrating the local regions Evil Team or Start One to off Balance the Evil Team with another one

Rival:
-Customizable Rival: Pretty much the same as Customizable Player Character. Pokemon for the Rival is pre-set for balance reasons
-Non-Starter Starter Pokemon: Pretty much the same as PC Version except the pokemon has a weakness to the pokemon you choose (I.E. if you choose a dark type non-starter, Rival will choose a pokemon that is weak to a dark type pokemon). Pokemon Chosen by the rival is generally random

Gyms and Gym Leaders:
-Dark Type Gym Leader: A Dark Type Gym Leader has been overdue for atleast 1 or 2 generations

Villainous Teams:
-Multiple Minor Villainous Teams: Multiple Minor Villainous Teams is what it is, several minor villainous teams that can't expand or constantly outdone by the Major Villainous Team
-Repurposed Villain Team Buildings: Like what it says, the Villain Teams Buildings gets repurposed to something non-villainous related

Storyline:
-Info Broker: Info Broker is a NPC that calls you about things that are going down that involves the villainous team instead of being conveniently being there when it goes down or other stuff

Mostly I just want ALL of the sidequests to return - Pokemon Contest, Super Contest, Pokeathlon, and Pokemon Musical.

The types for the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members I wish to see them use (including the return of the Rock gym), legendary bugs types as the mascots, Pokemon based off of the ideas I've came up with such as monster trucks and pumpkins, up to 20 older Pokemon from each of the five gens, and evolutions to older Pokemon such as Farfetch'd and Jynx.

First, I want to be able to customize my character. I actually dress/look a lot like Black, but not at all like Gold. The cuztomization should let you choose your age, height, etc. (Also, PLEASE let us put more than SEVEN. DAMN. LETTERS. in our names. My name has 8 letters.)

Second, I want to name my rival again. I mean, come on. Who doesn't love naming their rival Assface?

Third, I want a deeper plot. Also, a cooler one. Like you're the "chosen one" or something. They've never done that in the main games.

O rly?

In all seriousness, I don't think it would be such a bad thing. I don't LIKE having a billion evil twins around the world who want to pwn me.

Ah. Yes. That would be pretty awesome. And almost every other game has tried it. Ever played The Bard's Tale? The newer one? About 90% of the game is based on your own personal choice. At the end of The Bard's Tale, you get to:
a) Trust the pretty girl, after which she
turns into a hideous demon.
b) Trust the dude you thought was your enemy until he saved your life, and then
the pretty girl turns into a demon and tries to kill you.
c) Trust nobody and go drinking. You are shown
drinking beer with skeletons and the undead in Hell.

I'm not meaning anything that drastic, but at least a good amount of choice. I tried to join Team Plasma, but they don't seem to let girls named Freyja join. Or Scorpia. Or Dracaena. Or anything else. I had many different names.

I want to see

the return of the VS Seeker

Real Time Weather

Back
Top Bottom