• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Now that I think about it, it would be nice to have more than one save file. I hate when people save over mine :disgust:

The environment that a battle is in should affect the actual battle, e.g. a water pokemon found in the ocean should get some type of advantage over almost every other type

3 possible save files, so you could at least have a file with all three starters. A way to catch all the pokemon. Most in game and possibly som events with old legendaries.

Give the "Victory Road" name a break. I hope they at least call it something else

Give the "Victory Road" name a break. I hope they at least call it something else

you mean the hellish place that is an every winding road to an even more hellish area that is almost like the point of no return?

I'd like a game with EVERY DAMN REGION IN IT. one where you play as one character and aim to defeat every region, who are stronger the next time you visit that region. you get to chose one of the three starters for that respective region. and your rival is someone, new (per usual) but follow/stalk you by pure coincidence go to the same region you are going to.that would be nice. and a rotating camera, like that in inazuma eleven.

I'd like a game with EVERY DAMN REGION IN IT. one where you play as one character and aim to defeat every region, who are stronger the next time you visit that region. you get to chose one of the three starters for that respective region. and your rival is someone, new (per usual) but follow/stalk you by pure coincidence go to the same region you are going to.that would be nice. and a rotating camera, like that in inazuma eleven.

If only there weren't massive technical problems that could result from this. Sigh...

1. This kind of thing would make it seem as if Game Freak want to stop making Pokémon.
2. This would get very boring, very quickly. Especially the same rival over and aover again.
3. The game would be to big. (memory wise)

Extracanonical characters as optional post E4 bosses!!!

Better 3-D graphics. Like, seriously. Also better sprites and better backgrounds for battles(instead of two little patches of ground, give us a whole background sprite.) And more eyecatches like the ones in HG/SS, except better, grander looking ones.

Edit: Of course, these are assuming Gen VI is released in not on 3DS but on a console after 3DS, becuase I think 3DS might not handle these and cool stuff Gen V gave us like more post-E4 places and challanges, more wild Pokémon that orginally required trading and such(even though I have no idea about real capabilites of 3DS hardware).

Last edited:
Extracanonical characters as optional post E4 bosses!!!

Better 3-D graphics. Like, seriously. Also better sprites and better backgrounds for battles(instead of two little patches of ground, give us a whole background sprite.) And more eyecatches like the ones in HG/SS, except better, grander looking ones.

Edit: Of course, these are assuming Gen VI is released in not on 3DS but on a console after 3DS, becuase I think 3DS might not handle these and cool stuff Gen V gave us like more post-E4 places and challanges, more wild Pokémon that orginally required trading and such(even though I have no idea about real capabilites of 3DS hardware).

I'm assuming you're either joking, or haven't played Black/White.

A HUGE post-game, and HUGE elite 4 stadium, where there is an audience, where you would remain a CHAMPION

Towards the end of the main story-line, I think the developers should put in music similar to this:

Final stage - YouTube

Not exactly the same, but something like it (with noticeable differences).

The ability (post game) to run/build your own gym.

After beating the champion, you get a call from him/her asking if you want to be the next gym leader. I can't decide whether that would be because one of the 8 quits, or if the region wants a 9th gym. But once you say yes, you are given a choice of towns/cities (out of the ones without one already of course). Then you have to decide on a design out of a few pre-made design choices. You are also asked about what your type (grass, fire, psychic, multi-type, etc.) will be. Then you battle several people to recruit them to your gym. Then, you find a second in command who would take your place whenever you leave, but would give the seat back to you once you return.

I'd like The Gen VI region to be like Johto... but actually focus on the new pokemon and not be to depenedent on Unova like Johto is on Kanto

There should be less legendaries. We only need seven or eight of them introduced every generation, seriously.

I think the idea of your own gym is very interesting, but the ones that challenge you, should have REALLY powerful pokemanz, tougher than the champion and stuff, because hey, we wanna keep things interesting. And the Pokemon could be programmed to be every evolved pokemon, from every region, randomly, without legendaries. It would keep things fresh, you could fill the pokedex by seeing these pokemon, and that way, once you have seen that particular pokemon, you could get one from the global center stuff. It annoys me very much that I cannot get any pokemon like Vullaby, from the global center, because i've not seen it. No friend of mine has pokemon black either...

One thing about the idea of running your own gym: what happens if you lose to challengers too much? Will you lose your position?

The ability (post game) to run/build your own gym.

After beating the champion, you get a call from him/her asking if you want to be the next gym leader. I can't decide whether that would be because one of the 8 quits, or if the region wants a 9th gym. But once you say yes, you are given a choice of towns/cities (out of the ones without one already of course). Then you have to decide on a design out of a few pre-made design choices. You are also asked about what your type (grass, fire, psychic, multi-type, etc.) will be. Then you battle several people to recruit them to your gym. Then, you find a second in command who would take your place whenever you leave, but would give the seat back to you once you return.

That would be really cool! And then other, real players could challenge you or something?
I think this could even be some sort of side game, as in, not part of the main series
Building a Gym

What I would like to see in Gen VI, among other things, is the possibility to pick what kind of Pokéball hatched Pokémon are caught in (instead of being automatically caught in a plain PokéBall)

Hmmm..... Good question. I don't think you should, because the other gym leaders don't seem to lose their jobs if a lot of people beat them.

I personally don't think you should either, but I wondered because if you notice, the only trainers in the game we actually see beat gym leaders are the player character and the rival (even then, the rival doesn't always go after gym badges)

Back
Top Bottom