• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

It wouldn't be very portable though, so that would kinda suck.

Well you couldn't very well stick it in your pocket but if you have a laptop you could take it on vacation.

- I would like more options with the direction of your characters career path if you will. In Gen 2 for example (but it occurs across all generations), you're remarked on your kindness to your Pokemon whereas your rival is vilified. What if you're an aggressive battler who doesn't give a hoot how your Pokemon feel about it all? Not too extreme, just like in Gen 1 on the Nugget Bridge and you can join Team Rocket but aren't allowed to accept their offer. Working under Geovanni instead of against him and eventually taking over Team Rocket after the final gym battle would have been really interesting.

With that in mind, and me being all for nostalgia, I'd love a Yellow/Gen 2 remake including the Orange Archipelago (Orange would make sense for the name). Starts in Kanto with a Pikachu (rival gets a Squirtle like the anime) but you can pick up the 'normal' starters as you go. Instead of the legendary birds being in their usual spots, you instead find a dropped feather in each location which when picked up paralyses/freezes/burns your team/first Pokemon so you cannot have them for the elite 4 challenge. On winning the league Oak tells you of a challenge he's heard of on New Island where you can face Mewtwo and battle the other trainers invited (with their high levelled mixed teams).

Then, returning to Kanto, Oak has another mission for you; to collect the GS ball from the Orange Islands. He tells you that the storage system is different over there so he will keep your current lot safe but you can only take a team of 6 (or less) with you (so as to encourage catching). There you can optionally take on the Orange League with their different challenge based badge system and catch the alternately coloured Pokemon, or just collect the GS ball and go back.

Then you move on to take on the Johto region but wild Pokemon are much higher levelled (starting at L20 and increasing throughout) unlike Kanto in Gen 2 when you had a team of L60+ Pokemon and were facing L3 Pidgey's in Viridian. This means that gyms can increase in level more and encourages breeding as some Pokemon, like Sentret, may not be able to be caught and you'll have to breed Furrets instead to complete your Pokedex.

EDIT: Oh, and the GS ball means Celebi is available, obviously.

Anyway, Gen 6 will also need some original stuff...

I think the format will be similar with Grass/Water/Fire starters, 8 gyms, elite 4, etc. I'd like the region's Professor to research power and have a particular interest in strong Pokemon (so Dragons, pseudo-legendaries and high base stat stuff but no legendaries). The first gym is Dragon-type (so no starter or Pokemon caught by that point will have an advantage) and controlled by the professor's son/daughter who, on losing, becomes your rival. I don't particularly care what gym types are or order they're in but I'd like them to be very challenging so the Pokemon have strong moves like Overheat which was a nightmare in Gen 3 or have strange type advantages like the Water gym leader having several Water/Ground Pokemon who know Ice-type moves or a Ghost or Dark gym having Ghost/Dark Pokemon with no type weaknesses. The League Champion will be a double battle against the Professor and his son/daughter from the first gym (your rival).

More split evos
More Pokemon that evolve through old methods, such as thunder stone
Trainers that have pokemon at levels according to your party. Maybe post game, e4 members have levels that match the average of your party's levels.
A storyline that is longer and more in depth. Sure it's a children's game, but that doesn't mean that we can't keep improving on elements of Pokemon.

I would like more evolutions, maybe a Seviper and Zangoose evo, and I would appreciate a new form for Shuckle, it deserves more respect.

A more interesting storyline. I am getting bored of the "collect-eight-badges-while-thwarting-an-evil-orginzations-plan" crap.

a fire starter without the fighting type glued to it at some point

I would like to have Pokemon follow you around again. That was my favorite thing introduced in HG/SS. While playing through White, I kept wishing my Mienfoo would follow me around.
I'd also like for it to be like Black/White, where only new pokemon show up before the Elite 4.

I think Game Freak needs fixing the egg groups to let some single egg-group Pokémon to gain secondary egg-group. If a Pokémon gained a secondary egg-group, the number of Pokémon it can breed will increase, as a single egg-group Pokémon cannot breed with other Pokémon with other egg groups. This was one of the greatest errors of Game Freak.

For moves each Pokémon can learn, this should expand from 4 to unlimited so every Pokémon can learn lots of moves without require to forget a move since HM moves cannot be forgeted. And, number of Pokémon the player can carry should exapnd from 6 to numbers greater than 6 (such as 7, 8, 9, 10) so a player can carry more Pokémon. These are brought from Pokémon anime, and was initially planned by Game Freak a decade ago, but cancelled.

I would like to see a Poison-type legendary Pokémon (if not Arceus) and more evos of previous generation Pokémon in the future.

I would like to have Pokemon follow you around again. That was my favorite thing introduced in HG/SS. While playing through White, I kept wishing my Mienfoo would follow me around.

the only way I'd support this is if they let me turn it off. I couldn't stand it IMHO in HeartGold/SoulSilver...

Like I always say I want the games to be more realistic. Have shadows move when the day goes by and we see shadows from the clouds. I also want capsules to come back, that was one of the best things about Generation IV. Does anyone want the Wifi Plaza to come back? Even though There was a limited things you could do I think, because Generation VI will be on the 3DS they could do so much more. Everything is real time, if you have friends far away you can talk to them and battle them The only set back with that is pedophiles. I remember when the the DS came out and when Diamond and Pearl came out there was worried parents about that. To possibly get around this, Game Freak can make clubs for the player to create. They can decorate it and the owner of the club enters Friends codes so the only people who can enter the club are the people he or she entered.

Get rid of sprites...

Wait, do you actually mean that they should do it on 3D CG?
99% of people in the world don't like 3D CG models. (Including me)
The movie Arashi no Yoru Ni is made into an Anime in 3D CG and all those comments are just saying how ugly it was... and I actually admits it is ugly. I still watch it just because I want to see its plot differences from the original story and the Movie.
I like drawn pics more than 3D CGs, as they are actually cute. 3D CG models just fails to be cute even how hard someone tries.

Last edited:
A more interesting storyline. I am getting bored of the "collect-eight-badges-while-thwarting-an-evil-orginzations-plan" crap.

Nintendo is not one to change gameplay story that much

You should know if you play Mario Zelda, etc

The stroy is changed but not anything that massive

^ Yes, and it should be Water/Psychic, given how intelligent they are.

The only thing I'd really like in Generation 6 is to be able to have at three save slots in the same game. PLEASE. Make it happen, Game Freak :(

my wishes for gen6!
-A Sinnoh type GamePlay.
-Dolphin Starter, Lion starter, Elephant-Goat Starter
-Dark type gym(It's time)
-more Use of the touch screen, races etc. . .

Gen VI should have new remakes of the Kanto/Jotho landmass set in a different time. You can choose to either start in Kanto or in Jotho. And THIS time the Jotho Gym leaders have real Jotho teams:

1. Falkner:
Hoothoot - lv. 12
Noctowl - lv. 14

2. Bugsy
Spinarak - 18
Yanma - 18
Ledian - 20
(Ledian should have always been his main Pokemon, even his badge looks like a ladybug!!!)

3. Whitney
Snubbull - 22
Miltank - 24

4. Morty
Haunter - 26
Misdreavus - 27
Gengar - 29

5. Chuck
Tyrogue - 31
Hercross - 33
Hitmontop - 34

6. Jasmin
Forretress - 31
Skarmory - 33
Steelix - 34

7. Pryce
Sneasel - 38
Delibird - 38
Piloswine - 41

8. Clair (a big let-down, and shouldn't have been a Gymleader in the first place, same goes for Morty. The lack of these types is irritating.)
Seadra - 43
Gyarados - 43
Dragonair - 45
Kingdra - 47

Way too early for Johto/ Kanto remakes, but I completely agree that it really did bug me how Johto leaders have mainly Kanto pokemon. Also really stupid how some Kanto pokemon where so much easier to access in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom