• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I'd like for the main series to be like Black and White, where you can only find the new Pokemon until you beat the Pokemon League.

Get rid of sprites...

Wait, do you actually mean that they should do it on 3D CG?
99% of people in the world don't like 3D CG models. (Including me)
The movie Arashi no Yoru Ni is made into an Anime in 3D CG and all those comments are just saying how ugly it was... and I actually admits it is ugly. I still watch it just because I want to see its plot differences from the original story and the Movie.
I like drawn pics more than 3D CGs, as they are actually cute. 3D CG models just fails to be cute even how hard someone tries.

I would prefer 3D models so your 99% is terribly flawed... the 3D models on the Pokedex 3D are REALLY good they've worked hard on those use 3D models there is no exuse to use sprites now.. the 3DS has power surpassing the Wii and PS2 and near PS3/Xbox360 level power...

I would prefer 3D models so your 99% is terribly flawed... the 3D models on the Pokedex 3D are REALLY good they've worked hard on those use 3D models there is no exuse to use sprites now.. the 3DS has power surpassing the Wii and PS2 and near PS3/Xbox360 level power...

Sprite is one of the epicness of Pokemon, I enjoy seeing it. I don't wish to see Pokemon lose its own style just to follow the trend.

Yeah, about the Pokedex 3D, its quite good, I admit. But I would rather to wait until I see Miltank's 3D model. Her 3D models are horrible in Pokemon Rumble and Pokemon Ranch. The Pokemon Battle Revolution one is OK but still not satisfying.

The Zekrom one and Victini one in Pokedex 3D is not satisfying too, the Victini's V sign on head is kinda too short compared to its drawn art work, which seems cuter. About Zekrom, it is just less attractive than I thought it would be.

Pokemon Battle Revolution has a problem in Pokemon size too, they made it fit the screen but does not fit the size said in Pokedex. If they have to make the Pokemon's size equal to what said in the Pokedex, it will be a big trouble. (Sprite is just an art of the Pokemon, so it doesn't have that problem)

I like 3D models. I just don't like how plastic they look, especially in Pokédex 3D Pro.
This, they do look like plastic.

Last edited:
If they do switch to 3D models I'm hoping they make the over world cell shaded to have it keep the slight 2D/3D feel.

I like 3D models. I just don't like how plastic they look, especially in Pokédex 3D Pro.

I kind of wish they had an item that is similar to a PP Up, but it would raise the ACCURACY of moves. It would be called an Acc Up or something. I'm not really sure if this would be good or not, because then if that item existed, everyone would be spamming high power moves that would normally have a crappy accuracy

I kind of wish they had an item that is similar to a PP Up, but it would raise the ACCURACY of moves. It would be called an Acc Up or something. I'm not really sure if this would be good or not, because then if that item existed, everyone would be spamming high power moves that would normally have a crappy accuracy

Maybe if they made it only work in-game, and the effects magically disappeared in battles against other players. They did that with the badge stat boosts back when those were a thing, so it wouldn't be impossible.

I want to see this:

-Character customisation
-More useful Poison-types
-More Ice-types
-More Ghost-types
-More Dragon-types
-A Grass-type Elite Four member
-The 8th Gym should be Bug-typed
-More water routes
-No HMs
-More cross-gen evolution
-A more diverse landscape
-Diverse cities
-No Dragon-type legendaries
Yes. But I'm not sure they could pull off an eighth Bug gym, there's nothing that powerful. I guess they could fix that.
There was an ELITE FOUR member wo specializes in bug.

a fire starter that doesn't become a fire+fighting type :I
it's way too over use

a starter I would love to see is a pokemon that is also part Ghost type
but that would never happen :C

I want options to auto-sort the PC boxes. Like you could make it order them highest to lowest level, by type, etc. Because have you tried to sort that thing? it can hold over 700 pokemon! And the only ways to order them are slow and tedious.

make the characters, support cast (rivals gymleaders ect) styling so they dont look like a freak show. I wasnt impressed with Homika (Roxie) or her fans. and have the cast wear normall clothes please. ugh..............

I would like an older protagonist, Pokemon attacks that actually make contact (though I could see this changing some of the strategy in the games if they take it too far), and perhaps an easier way to organize items and the computer system. I wouldn't mind full 3D environments either, but not everyone likes that kind of thing.

I want A Steel and Dark type gym, also another double battle gym leader battle like Tate and Liza. I also want a to see more Steel, Ghost, Dark and Fighting types. Also there needs to be more eeveelution's and more duel type starters, but not another Fire/Fighting, we have enough of those.

I'd like to see a bit more selection when it comes to Fire-types (though I understand why they are so few);

Customizable player character;

Walking Pokémon, but with the option to turn it on/off at will and to select which Pokémon is walking (rather than it just being whichever is at the top of your party;

A chance to revisit other regions (as in G/S/C/HG/SS);

After becoming the Champion, having your title challenged and having to defend it (and then the option to challenge the Pokémon League again to regain it);

Auto-sort features for PC boxes and the inventory.

It would be fulfillment of my dreams if the new game took place in another era of history of pokemon world. Probably won't happen, though.

Other than that, I would be as happy if the plot of sixth generation at least resolved around something other than villanous team trying to capture new Legendary Dragon. Two first generations could work without that, right?

As for the minor wishes:
- I hope Game Freak would continue the tradition of lack of Dark-type gym. They had perfect occasion to make Cheren Dark-type Gym Leader, and wasted it.
- Also, types of Elite Four could go beyond the Ice-Ghost-Fighting-Dark-Psychic-Dragon scheme.
- Return of features like walking pokemon or capsules. Why did they get rid of them in the first place?
- Cameo of some old acquintances, but this time, with updated sprites~
- Battles with non-Pokemon enemies, like in Pokewood... though I'm not sure if it wouldn't ruin the whole concept of Pokemon-games.

how about having fly have 2 effects?
like the one they already have where you just go to towns, and then another usage so you can stay in the sky and the clouds would function like grass, giving you access to flying type pokemon that wouldnt appear on land(and plus you could have trainers also on flying pokemon that you have to fight)

Ok here goes:
1) Multiple save files.
2) A grass type move with 95 power, 100 acc and 15 PP. No side effects.
3) Not major but maybe a move with the power of Surf but in the form of a beam (like Hydro Pump).
4) Pokemon walking behind the character, but they could improve it by giving an option to turn it off, or choose a pokemon to follow you that isn't at the front of your party.
5) Bring back the HGSS style bottom screen.
6) As many well designed pokemon as possible (a bit obvious but meh).
7) All regional dex pokemon to be available before the Elite 4 (Especially early on, it sucks seeing Pidgey and Rattata 3 routes in a row).
8) Minimize grinding necessity.
9) Give pokemon separate HM slots away from the 4 regular moves, but of the move is to be used in battle it must take a place in one of the regular spots (I hate having to alter my team to have HM's, or having to leave something in a box when going through a route).
10) Add about 125 new pokemon with 6-9 legendaries.
11) Bring back infinite TM usage (I never actually bothered to use TM's pre Gen 5 because I was afraid it would be a mistake).
12) Minimize necessity of outside resources eg. trade evolutions, C gear functions. NO 6th Gen pokemon should require the use of an event.
13) All starters to be balanced.
14) An arena where you can customize the enemies team. (It would be good to try out strategies or just have fun so no reward required).
15) A way to customize our character (Or at least don't include eccentric/stupid features ie. Lucas' scarf or Black 2's leggings/hair).
16) HGSS style pokedex.
17) Well developed story.
18) Safari Zone back (I want the Kanto style where all pokemon are available at all times, not like HGSS, DP. Also maybe change the mechanics to make it more fair in terms of catching pokemon).
19) I thought having two rivals was great and should do it again. I'd love to see of a Gary style rival except you hate each other and you meet. The other rival could be a childhood friend.
20) I'd love to see a Red style battle where you fight a trainer from a previous game who has super high level pokemon, all the starters and is a the top of a high vantage point (maybe a tower top).

And I'll add more later maybe (Yes I can think of lots more).

Back
Top Bottom