• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Pyradox

hot take-haver
Reaction score
I really hope this hasn't been done before...

I'd like to keep this different from the 'What do you want in Pokémon that it's not currently offering?' thread, because this is specific to Gen 6 and could mean anything about it.

It can also include what you want the main games to be named and stuff.

Personally:

A female rival that's not all sweet and caring like Bianca. An evil Goth one.
The characters to be named after the games. Like how Red and Gold are also people.
A first gym that's an odd type where no starter has an advantage. For example, Fighting.
The seventh gym to be Ground. I do not know why.
The elite four: Pyra (fire), Elektra (electric), Seidon (water), and Sedge (grass).
The third gym to be Ice type and the leader called Hailey (mentioned in another thread)
The final gym to be Dark type fraternal twins, Dekka and Caine, that are specific to each game. (I know where I'm ripping the names off of, but this makes sense too.)

AND (drumroll please)

The games should be Amethyst, Jade, and Opal.

The female PC named Amanda (for obvious reasons), the psychopath rival named Jade, and... I am having problems for the male PC's name. I don't know. Long live Jade Arcturus Drake! The middle name name is a blatant reference to Regulus Arcturus Black, and the last name is supposed to be Drake from GONE. And it would be the first time we get a PC or rival with a middle and last name (come to think of it, she would be the only character with a middle name right?), or that doesn't have a professor's last name. Because Blue and May/Brendan have professor names.

- A female player character whose legs are covered. I have nothing against women who choose to reveal their bodies, but male character designers just so conveniently deciding that all the female PCs have to bare their legs but hardly any of the males do? Girls are people, not eye candy. (Bianca's design was nice, but she's a rival, not a PC.)

- A third-gender PC. I know it's not going to happen. That doesn't stop me from wanting it.

- A "new game plus" option that gives you the option to replay story mode without losing any of the previous Pokemon you've caught. Making them unavailable for in-game use until you beat the Elite Four would work for me.

- A female player character whose legs are covered. I have nothing against women who choose to reveal their bodies, but male character designers just so conveniently deciding that all the female PCs have to bare their legs but hardly any of the males do? Girls are people, not eye candy. (Bianca's design was nice, but she's a rival, not a PC.)

- A third-gender PC. I know it's not going to happen. That doesn't stop me from wanting it.

- A "new game plus" option that gives you the option to replay story mode without losing any of the previous Pokemon you've caught. Making them unavailable for in-game use until you beat the Elite Four would work for me.

LOL yes. Women are better than that. Anyway, these PCs are what, twelve? I certainly don't dress like Dawn, the fact that I have nothing pink in my wardrobe aside.

The third gender PC? I'm not sure what that would be...

And I want that new game plus thing. Especially since my Black replay fiasco. I accidentally ended up resetting everything after the Ghetsis battle because it wouldn't let me save over a file. Even though it asks every freaking time in my original.

Maybe for next gen do something totally different for the starter pokemon. I would still like them to get secondary types when they evolve too (all three of them, no one left behind this time). I would like to see the types ghost, dark and psychic. And if the main character ends up with 2 rivals then obviously picking the psychic will be the hard option (unless their secondary typage helps but I'm not thinking about specifics of that right now) . Every starter should have atleast 2 gyms where it will own as well. I would like to see the return of vs seeker and the chance to buy the lucky egg or get rewarded it sometime during the game. Dunno about a good name for the games... hmmm... pokemon Maybe they can have 2 evil organizations one for one game and one for the other and name the games after them.

LOL yes. Women are better than that. Anyway, these PCs are what, twelve? I certainly don't dress like Dawn, the fact that I have nothing pink in my wardrobe aside.

I don't really like saying "women are better than that"... If someone wants to dress like that on her own, more power to her. But agreed on the age of the PCs. Making them bare their skin as eye candy is really gross.

The third gender PC? I'm not sure what that would be...

Basically an "other" option for those of us who aren't male or female. I know you don't have to pick your own gender, but it's at least nice to have the option, right? That's why everyone was overjoyed when there was an option in Crystal.

Maybe for next gen do something totally different for the starter pokemon. I would still like them to get secondary types when they evolve too (all three of them, no one left behind this time). I would like to see the types ghost, dark and psychic. And if the main character ends up with 2 rivals then obviously picking the psychic will be the hard option (unless their secondary typage helps but I'm not thinking about specifics of that right now) . Every starter should have atleast 2 gyms where it will own as well. I would like to see the return of vs seeker and the chance to buy the lucky egg or get rewarded it sometime during the game. Dunno about a good name for the games... hmmm... pokemon Maybe they can have 2 evil organizations one for one game and one for the other and name the games after them.

Dark, Psychic, and Fighting could work too...

And, as brought up in a different thread:
I think in the next Pokemon game, Team Rocket should make a comeback.
Possible. Although Team Rocket's had their glory days, right? So maybe another team with a direct link to Giovanni. An overdeveloped Rocket offshoot.

1) A change in format from the standard "two-version+special edition" format that the games have traditionally taken, though, given Masuda's comments on what he thinks shakes up the fandom I'm not holding my breath.

2) More side-quests to explore other aspects of the Pokemon world.

Take for example the story of the Muskedeers, it could have been much more fleshed out if they made it into a side-quest. This quest doesn't have to be forced on the player, and they can pursue it when they get to a certain point in the game. Let's say the first part of the quest isn't accessible until gym 2, and another part not until gym 4 and so on. However, if a person wants to breeze through the gyms all at once, then tackle these side quests, then they should be available. Of course, it would require Game Freak getting creative and having a level-adjustment system. I think this would allow people who just want to finish the game and get breeding for competitive battles to do so, while allowing other people who want to explore the mythos to explore.

Also, I don't see them managing another plot that integrates the gym scenario with the Team Bad Guy plot as seamlessly as they did in this generation (though they did not even need to make it that linear to do so).

3) Team Rocket to not return, at all

Let's see, we've had Gen I for their glory days, Gen II to see what happens when Team Rocket doesn't have their leader. Gen III added the Sevii branch, effectively expanding the Gen II plot. Gen IV added the Giovanni plot just to show people how dead Team Rocket really is regardless of whether you think Giovanni died or not. However, that wasn't enough, people clinged to some foreign Rocket grunt that was so low in the totem pole that no one told him they disbanded. What do they do? Gen V follows up on that grunt from Gen II (and somehow got so much more attention in Gen IV, I guess that's desperation for you) and effectively shot down his dreams. Though, they made him have a much happier ending.

4) N cameo. I don't think he should be a focus, but if my idea for 1) works, they could show us N's travels

5) Small subplot with Cyrus? Perhaps seeing Cyrus come to terms with the world around him? I'd like to see some development after that regression we had with Giovanni where he became some one-dimensional RULE THE WORLD bad guy in his HgSs cameo

Last edited:
Alternate methods of progression, IE being able to beat the game as a master coordinator or a researcher rather than a trainer. It'd give me something new to do.

Also, more Eevee evolutions.

-I would want the game titles to be inspired from Astronomy (sun, moon & star/earth version) or even Astrology (no idea here), since precious stones have already been done twice.
-A greatly inspired from aliens starters. All with unique last dual typing (no dragon). like Grass/Rock, fire/poison & water/steel.
-A more cohesive and inspired plot. Probably set in West coast USA (with Area 51) or in South America (Guyana, comeback of Mew in game story).
-In anime, I wish Ash would age from 10 to 16. So the characters in game would be age around 16 too.
-Two rivals, male & female. Male's personality would be positive (main character's bestfriend). The female would be villainous, enigmatic and mysterious (daughter of Villain team's leader) but not known until last parts of the game.
-125 new pokemons, 25 new evos & pre evos
-a trainer shop where you can buy clothes, hair styles, accessories, etc. so we won't have the same look when battling wifi.
-more new wireless features like dream world.
-2 regions in 1 game like (HG/SS)
-a virtual keypad so we can customize chat accurately, not those given words.
-more difficult AI (trainers, gym leaders)
-new methods of catching or finding pokemons.
-more move tutors
-buffing on a few pokemons (stat wise) like Meganium.
-all Gen I - Gen V pokemons (except some legendaries) to be present in the games.
-more game quests (post elite 4)

1) A change in format from the standard "two-version+special edition" format that the games have traditionally taken, though, given Masuda's comments on what he thinks shakes up the fandom I'm not holding my breath.

2) More side-quests to explore other aspects of the Pokemon world.

Take for example the story of the Muskedeers, it could have been much more fleshed out if they made it into a side-quest. This quest doesn't have to be forced on the player, and they can pursue it when they get to a certain point in the game. Let's say the first part of the quest isn't accessible until gym 2, and another part not until gym 4 and so on. However, if a person wants to breeze through the gyms all at once, then tackle these side quests, then they should be available. Of course, it would require Game Freak getting creative and having a level-adjustment system. I think this would allow people who just want to finish the game and get breeding for competitive battles to do so, while allowing other people who want to explore the mythos to explore.

Also, I don't see them managing another plot that integrates the gym scenario with the Team Bad Guy plot as seamlessly as they did in this generation (though they did not even need to make it that linear to do so).

3) Team Rocket to not return, at all

Let's see, we've had Gen I for their glory days, Gen II to see what happens when Team Rocket doesn't have their leader. Gen III added the Sevii branch, effectively expanding the Gen II plot. Gen IV added the Giovanni plot just to show people how dead Team Rocket really is regardless of whether you think Giovanni died or not. However, that wasn't enough, people clinged to some foreign Rocket grunt that was so low in the totem pole that no one told him they disbanded. What do they do? Gen V follows up on that grunt from Gen II (and somehow got so much more attention in Gen IV, I guess that's desperation for you) and effectively shot down his dreams. Though, they made him have a much happier ending.

4) N cameo. I don't think he should be a focus, but if my idea for 1) works, they could show us N's travels

5) Small subplot with Cyrus? Perhaps seeing Cyrus come to terms with the world around him? I'd like to see some development after that regression we had with Giovanni where he became some one-dimensional RULE THE WORLD bad guy in his HgSs cameo

Yes. Since somebody said he was in a distant land with a dragon pokemon, I think he's in Sinnoh with Dialga. We might see him in the possible DP remakes.

Yes. Since somebody said he was in a distant land with a dragon pokemon, I think he's in Sinnoh with Dialga. We might see him in the possible DP remakes.
...no? The dragon Pokemon he was seen with is the dragon Pokemon he befriended in the B/W storyline, isn't it?

Like Transfinite said, the dragon Pokemon he was with was the dragon that he befriended in Unova. Even if "dragon" is a vague term, its much less of a leap of faith to believe the dragon we saw him fly off with in the end credits is the dragon that people saw him with.

I guess I should have put another point: NO REMAKES

I kind of want that for this generation to. Just stop with the remakes. I really got sick of it when I was browsing Zeldawiki and all the stuff on the newsfeed was people talking about wanting remakes and rereleases of the same two games. Kind of a scary look in what this fandom's future could become.

Really, if they're going to revisit a region, I'd much rather it be set up like GSC. However, like the point I made in 1), I more or less want two regions in a generation. As I mentioned in that thread, it justifies having a much larger range of version exclusives while facilitating trades and allowing for better story structure.

Oh, and it kind of justifies Game Freak's attempt at trying to get us to buy 'em all. I'd much rather buy two games within the same generation exploring different regions than buying one of the two versions, and the extended edition. It's basically what they do with remakes anyway. It's not as if new Pokemon are added, some Pokemon are just more readily available than others.

^^ Wait, wait. I thought he released Zekrom/Reshiram? At the end of BW?

And yes, GSC was smart. I hope they do the dual regions thing again. They could do it with the left or north side of Unova or the south side of Sinnoh. Or make a trio, and join onto the north side of Johto/Kanto.

I wonder if they will ever tell us what the name of the country is. After all, it's the National Pokédex.

Last edited:

Attachments

• NZek.PNG
    NZek.PNG
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,692
Last edited:
Oh, okay. I dont really watch the credits. My mistake. All right then.

Not that anyone can blame you, they made the credits so drab.

And that's another thing I want in Gen VI. Good credit sequences.

We finished the whole game, we don't want to watch our trainer avatar run home the whole time (the most common of these endings), or worse, some crappy chibi animation that was HgSs or that super close up of the dragons in BW. Yeah, plain credits were okay when your technology was limited. How about showing us fully drawn pictures of moments in our journey? What about a full drawing of us choosing our first Pokemon? Our first battle? Just because we have the ability to choose what we do, doesn't mean you can't make the credits interesting. After all, we all do pass through the same points in the game. Make those memorable points good--like perhaps when we approached Chargestone Cave and there was an electric web, or our ascent the Celestial Tower, or walking through the Victory Road gates.

People praised the Arceus cutscene in the Sinjoh ruins. Why? It was just a bunch of random pictures slapped together in an attempt to be symbolic, so why were we impressed? Perhaps its because Pokemon never gave much effort into cutscenes.

I didn't like it either. All in all, it was pretty stupid, considering the rest of the game is animated.

Back on topic. Does anyone else think the next region will have an 'o' in the English name?

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova

Game Freak likes O, huh?

I didn't like it either. All in all, it was pretty stupid, considering the rest of the game is animated.

Back on topic. Does anyone else think the next region will have an 'o' in the English name?

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova

Game Freak likes O, huh?

I bet the next region name is Troll.
Trolololololololol

Oh, man. No trolls.

And, if you haven't noticed, none of them are real English words.

Korden? That would certainly fit the pattern...

Anyway, Legend of Zelda did the credits right. Game Freak should go talk to them.

I'm getting sick of those Fire/Fighting starters. It was great with Blaziken, tolerable with Infernape, but you know what Emboar was?

OVERKILL.

Last edited:
Oh my god. Yes. If the Fire starter's final evolution in Gen 6 is something other than Fire/Fighting, I don't need anything else. Just that.

Back
Top Bottom