• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Massive region. I'd for the new region to be based on Long Island, because that would give Unova a neighboring region in the same way that Kanto and Johto were.

A new way to evolve would be cool. Say have an eevee like character that doesn't evolve with stones, but rather at a specified level evolves into whatever type of monster its fought the most (or maybe the opposite of whatever it fought the most)

I don't want anymore Pokemon related to the past. Pretty much that's it. I want quirky NEW Pokemon, cute NEW Pokemon, and strong NEW Pokemon. They proved they could do it in generation 5. They did an AMAZING job.

I don't want anymore Pokemon related to the past. Pretty much that's it. I want quirky NEW Pokemon, cute NEW Pokemon, and strong NEW Pokemon. They proved they could do it in generation 5. They did an AMAZING job.

I'm afraid that they won't do it for Generation VI. It'd be nice, but unlikely due to the fact that the current generation is "brand new".

^^ There's sort of a pattern here, isn't there? Because:

Gen 1 took you to a new region, with new Pokémon because you'd never seen Pokémon
Gen 2 took you a region close to the old one, with several Pokémon related to the old ones
Gen 3 had a 'reboot', and set you up far far away
Gen 4 returned to the days of old, and had new evos for old Pokémon
And Gen 5 was another 'reboot', so brought you to a different far far away

Therefore, Gen 6 is likely to have new evos. I say likely.

I like to see new evolutions, new Pre-evolutions, new type combinations and slightly more legendaries.

WEll new type combinations are basically garantee I think. I think I'd like maybe somepart where say you don't win a battle like it is supposed to happen and then something else happens because of that. Thinking about it I know this won't happen but a more in depth plot. Oh I know RSE had it but! a mother and a father!

Oh I know RSE had it but! a mother and a father!

^ This

I'd like to see more grown-ups involved. Seriously, enough with the "kid saving the world" nonsense. It would be much more fun to go around completing sidequests that enable you to enlist the help of several authorities all over the region. They could give you powerful pokemon that are only obtainable that way, but is not a must to complete the storyline.

Also, how about being able to choose a partner to take along the way? Like, in Gen 4, there had been the option of helping the stat trainers in particular situations, and every battle was a double battle. Why not in Gen 6?

It's almost certain that some Pokémon will receive an evolution in the near future. For example, Maractus can't learn Hyper Beam. Only fully evolved Pokémon can learn Hyper Beam, so it's likely that Maractus will evolve in the future.

What I wan't sounds simple, just more to do after completing the game. I hate how battle frontier has probably been purposely left out of Black and White as if almost to suggest that Gamefreak is going to add in "Grey". I would like bigger worlds and more things to do in them. I would also like a VS seeker with trainers that constantly get stronger and the ability to fight gym leaders again everyday rather than based on an annoying time schedule (looking at you HG/SS).

I don't know how much time it takes to make a new Pokemon game but I just find it weird how Pokemon Gold and Silver seem to have the largest worlds.

It's almost certain that some Pokémon will receive an evolution in the near future. For example, Maractus can't learn Hyper Beam. Only fully evolved Pokémon can learn Hyper Beam, so it's likely that Maractus will evolve in the future.

I posted what I wanted. Not what is going to happen.

Hmm, I'd like to see:

A dark type gym
A fire starter that doesn't have fighting as it's second typing
A grass starter that's not a reptile
A Normal,Electric,Rock,and Dragon Type elite four.
A champion that uses The three starter types (fire,water,grass)
Companion Pokemon (like the ones in HG/SS)
A friendly rival and a rival that secretly works for the evil team.
A bit of a darker storyline.

A very Huge region.
Oh and customization of your player would be greatly appreciated, you know like in battle revolution.

What do I want in Generation VI you ask? Well, sit down children, and grab a cup of tea, because this might take a while.

New Features!
I have way too many ideas; but if any of them are implimented, I'll be happy:

StreetPass:
- Pokédex Check. When Player A and Player B meet in the street, StreetPass will make any Pokémon that Trainer A has seen/caught that Trainer B hasn't seen be registered into his/her Pokédex, and vice versa.
- Battle Swap. In-game, you can set the Battle Swap to exchange Party of Battle Box data. When you meet with another player, that information is traded to their game. Then, you can go to an in-game location and battle their team.
- Pass the PokéParcel. In the GTS (or a similar location), you can place a Pokémon into "PokéParcel". When you meet players in the street, if they also have a Pokémon in their PokéParcel, they get traded. The game will keep a log of how many trades you've managed to do in one trip.
- Mixing Records. 'Nuff said really.

SpotPass:
- Event Pokémon. This has to happen, and if it doesn't, I will be very sad.
- Notifications. Basically, SpotPass notifications about any upcoming distributions, events (such as VGC) etc etc.

Changes:
- C-Gear (or whatever acts similar to it) be relegated to a Key Item, instead of permanently being on the bottom screen.
- Touch Screen interface from HeartGold/SoulSilver to return.
- More "Visual Novel-esque" elements like those seen in Black/White (Seriously, I freakin' loved those!)
- Move diagonally (hello Circle Pad!)
- Visual change. Let's be honest, even Black/White looked like it wasn't using the best of what the DS could do graphically. After playing Pokédex 3D for ages, Black/White's sprites look terrible. I wonder if Castelia City's harbour and street scenes were a test to how the fandom would react?
- Semi-customisable characters.

Pokémon:
- Main legendaries to not be Dragon-type. In fact, a plot which doesn't focus on a legendary would be pretty awesome.
- Only a few legendaries. 5 or 6 seems about right (Legendary trio + big boss [or 2 version mascots] + event).
- Fire starter to not evolve to be Fire/Fighting (Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar >>).
- No new pre-evolutions/evolutions of Generation I-IV Pokémon. I'd like the new region to be to Unova what Johto was to Kanto.
- More Ice-type Pokémon.

Story:
- 7th gym to not be an Ice-type gym (Candice, Pryce, Brycen 9.9).
- 8th gym to not be Dragon-type (Clair, Drayden/Iris 9.9).
- Gyms based on strategy rather than type (I can compromise with the Elite 4 being strategy-based rather than Gym Leaders).
- Villain to be down to earth like Team Rocket (no wanting to expand land/sea, create new world or rule world with all powerful dragon).
- A more in-depth plot. I'm not asking for epic dramatic deaths and stuff like that. Black/White were a step in the right direction, but I felt even that needed some more focus.

If I was to name the primary pair, I'd call them Pokémon Garnet Version and Pokémon Amethyst Version, because garnet (As well as being my birthstone) symbolises illuminating dark times and bringing hope, whereas amethyst symbolises humility and sincerity, which go hand in hand - yet, the colours (a dark red and purple) seem to clash. Would make for a pretty cool pair; bringing both the opposites and the similarities together.

Goodness, we're discussing this already? All right then, here goes, spoiler'd for length:

>>I really want the option to name your rival back. 'Nough said.

>>Oh, and give the player character a younger sibling. (THAT YOU CAN NAME) There could be a cute mini-quest where your little brother/sister asks you to catch a Pokemon for them, then later when you visit home, they've named the 'mon and you can see the two playing together. That'd be adorable. <3

>>Oh, and have a dad. A dad that actually acts like a dad should, instead of hiding in his gym 24/7. They need to mix up the family thing a bit, I think.

>>Some more 'mons based off of Japanese folklore would be win. I'd love to see a kappa that actually looks like a kappa should, and have it be a three-part line with a really cute baby kappa form, and a really tough-looking final form! And there's a monster called "tofu boy" or something I read in a book, it's a monster that offers you poisoned tofu that has a maple leaf on it. I'm thinking grass/poison with an red-and-white color scheme.

>>The auto-run option from HGSS, I miss it. I don't care how lazy it makes me sound, but I can play one-handed then.

>>More gender differences! I thought that after they introduced them in IV, there'd be a ton of differences in the V 'mons. I was kind of disappointed to see otherwise.

>>I said this before in the RSEmakes thread, but make it so the availability of the 'mons varies by both time, location and season. How about a legendary that can only be found at a certain time of day, or a Pokemon that is more common at certain times in certain seasons. There could be, like, a salmon run where usually rare fish-'mons are super-common during a certain season. I like searching for all the 'mons, so more challenges = more fun for me!

>>A legendary nine-tailed fox Pokemon. Yes, we've had Vulpix/Ninetails, and Zoroark could count as well, but that critter would make an awesome legendary! They could draw inspiration more from the Korean gumiho than the Japanese counterpart if they wanted to make it more unique, or whatnot.

>>A dandelion 'mon. That's a lion. The pun probably doesn't exist in Japanese, so I can't really see this happening. But I'd like to see it.

>>More bear and feline 'mons in general. Maybe a proper wolf, or a werewolf 'mon that goes from a normal-type dog in the day to a monster-looking normal/dark wolf at night. >:3

>>A lotus-themed 'mon that draws inspiration from the Greek myth of the lotus-eaters. It could have an ability that slows down the opponent and drops its evasion upon entering the field. Or something.

>>THREE levels of gym/E4 rematches. There'd be the regular first battles, then after that everyone gets a boost in levels. After you beat everyone at that level, the next time you go through everyone gives you the option of "easy, normal, hard" battles. Easy would be the original levels, so you could go back through with brand-new Pokemon. Normal would be the second set of levels that you unlocked after beating the E4 the first time, just normal training. Hard would be insanely high levels/broken DW abilities/pseudo legends. After beating all of the leaders/E4 on hard, you unlock a special medal that is displayed in your badge case, so you can show it off to other people when you connect to their games.

>>Characters change with the seasons. Not really customization, per se, but have the clothes make sense for the weather. Shorts in summer, coats in winter. When you enter a route that's rainy, your character pulls out an umbrella and puts on some wellies. :D In the desert you don goggles and protective clothing. Things like that.

tl;dr It's all pretty ridiculous. But a girl can dream, right?

Joshawott said:
If I was to name the primary pair, I'd call them Pokémon Garnet Version and Pokémon Amethyst Version, because garnet (As well as being my birthstone) symbolises illuminating dark times and bringing hope, whereas amethyst symbolises humility and sincerity, which go hand in hand - yet, the colours (a dark red and purple) seem to clash. Would make for a pretty cool pair; bringing both the opposites and the similarities together.

Amethyst is my birthstone, I'd love a game named after it! :D Did you know that amethyst is named from the ancient Greek amethustos "not intoxicated" because they believed it prevented drunkenness? Illuminating the darkness, and keeping the mind clear, I'd love to see the plot involve those two elements somehow!

Things that have a good chance of happening
New type combos
New Evos/ Pre Evos
New Evo methods
Dark Type Gym

Things that will never happen
Character Customization(Do not start bashing me for this I have been a fan since day 1 and I know it will never happen)
New types(We have enough)
New starter type trio

A goat 'mon.

As for the dark-type gym, maybe the gym could be modeled off a kabuki theater, with most of the trainers being stagehands that appear out of nowhere (and some of the trainers being actors too, but either fighting them is optional or you can walk around them. It's the stagehand ones you need to watch out for.)

And then the gym leader's main Pokemon is a Zoroark, which has a kabuki-ish design.

These are not likely but I'm naming them anyway:

- Gym's that effect the battle (i.e. constant Raining, Hailing etc.)

- Catchable starters.

- Mystery Pokemon. In other words Pokemon we don't know are in the game so we are surprised to run into them. I know ignoring spoilers is the best solution but wouldn't it be cool if there were some added incentive to catching Pokemon?

- Pokemon League Pre-Qualifiers including Rival. Instead of just fighting the Elite Four why not work your way up to it? Plus your rival can be there to as the last trainer you face before the Elite Four.

All I really want from a Gen VI is A GIRL PLAYER WHO. WEARS. PANTS.

I am so fucking sick of all the legs the girls show. ._. The boys get to be all covered up, but the girls get to be all "ooh look at this sexy 10-year-old girl!". It's disgusting and there's no good excuse for it AT ALL. Dawn was real bad (a mini skirt in a cold region? really?), and Lyra was pushing it (grade A zettai ryouiki! is full overalls too much to ask?!). Hilda is at least 16, so it's semi-fine, but still, she gets daisy dukes and White-kun Hilbert is dressed head-to-toe! GARGH.

It's my biggest "GARGH" with Pokemon. I'm not asking for the boy to be skimpy (though I would love it to balance all the skimpy girls we had), I just want the girl-player to be fully dressed head to toe! She doesn't even need long sleeves or a jacket! D8; No more sleeveless shirts or short shorts/skirts! For the love of god! OTL
/femrage

Some countries have different views and opinions about that stuff. In Japan that stuff is the norm.

Since the main series of Pokemon games have been based in JPN and now USA i was thinking of havin them meet.

1. Dark gym would be great since we all be waiting for one since probably Gen 3
2. I would bring the kimono sisters back possibly to be gym leaders or the elite four (Yeah I Typed Elite Four)
3. Start of in a village themed town maybe? (Kinda like Fortree city)
4. This region would make a mix of all of a few things from previous regions IE: Poke-athlon Battle Fronteirs and Pokemon Coordination
5. Multiple rivals in different aspects of the game
6. Maybe Giovanni could be E4 champion? Team Rocket is anybody who was there at the start of Pokemon little taste of nostalgia and dosent listen to Team Rockt Hideout every once in awhile?
7. This Gen bad guy would have various selection of Pokemon the have money to catch and create legends but they ran around wit weak teams

- A female player character whose legs are covered. I have nothing against women who choose to reveal their bodies, but male character designers just so conveniently deciding that all the female PCs have to bare their legs but hardly any of the males do? Girls are people, not eye candy. (Bianca's design was nice, but she's a rival, not a PC.).
To Add:
I have a strong desire to build my own PC in the games. I'm a black girl so I would at least like to darken my characters skin color a bit, also I'd want to choose what cloths I'd want her to wear n'stuff. In addition I'd want clothing stores and items you can buy and find throughout the game so that you can continue to customize your character to your liking. (wouldn't that solve this problem)Also I'd need new pokemon, including new eevee evolutions, one of her as a further evolved normal type. I would also like some extra cities without gyms but with side quest missions(optional) and with other things to do like contests or musicals. Add an even number of fighters for each battle type (you run into just as many single trainers as you do double or triple or rotate and they're scattered throughout the region) and make it 3D with better graphics.

Bring back:
I want them to bring back the pokemon walking behind you. That was cute and fun. Also bring back the gym leaders getting your number and calling you back for rematches. oh! And the tents and decorating your room. (i just really like customization, it's making it mine, ya know?) And bring back the Contest matches and make them more like what was in the series.(that means allowing double contests)

But in my biggest dreams:
In my Dreams if there ever were to be a remake it would be called pokemon global. I would be a visit to all currently known regions including the off-series ones from the game cube. You would start off in the home town of your choice and unlock other regions to go to as you become champion of each region. And........wait for it......it would be on the wii. *sigh* in my dreams...

Now, has there ever been a gym with lots of fake walls? That would be awesome, and a possible addition to the Dark Kabuki Gym.

And I'd like an Ice gym that doesn't have that cliche thing where you slide all over the ice. It's getting old. However, this will probably not change, knowing Game Freak.

Back
Top Bottom