• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

But Golurk is based on mechs. They fly! Garchomp is a shark.

Which doesn't explain why it should learn it by naturally at all, when there's birds that don't learn it. I'd say that birds kinda fly a bit more natural than a suit of armor. There's a bunch of other pokémon that fly that can't learn Fly (bug usually), if a Pidgey can carry you around, Butterfree can't? Fly is seriously broken when it comes to logic.

Or generally just drop HMs altogether. They are by far a outdated game mechanic that doesn't really add to the gameplay. At the very least phasing them out.

Which doesn't explain why it should learn it by naturally at all, when there's birds that don't learn it. I'd say that birds kinda fly a bit more natural than a suit of armor. There's a bunch of other pokémon that fly that can't learn Fly (bug usually), if a Pidgey can carry you around, Butterfree can't? Fly is seriously broken when it comes to logic.

Or generally just drop HMs altogether. They are by far a outdated game mechanic that doesn't really add to the gameplay. At the very least phasing them out.

Fly is broken. But it dont learn it naturally. Only few pokemon learns it, actually.

Fly is broken. But it dont learn it naturally. Only few pokemon learns it, actually.

Well, I was arguing why it shouldn't learn it naturally (either that, or have pretty much everything that flies learn Fly naturally, I prefer the first), not that it shouldn't learn it at all (though I'm not a fan of that either, but I wouldn't put Fly on it anyways, so I don't really care)

I always figured the HMs were amplifications of the normal powers of the Pokémon, which would explain how small birds can carry you around using Fly and all that.

I have way to much to post, but I always wanted a Dragon/Flying Gym Leader to be called "Aires"

Names: London, Paris, Tokyo
Pokemon: Definitely more Ghost/Psychic types
Consoles: 3DS/Wii U
Other: More customization of your character, downloadable whatever-they'r-going-to-call-it-this-time themes (the 'poketech').

I am looking forward to the day that they make a game with every single region, every single rival, and every single Pokemon. That is going to be wild.
But until then...

I would like to see darker storylines and definitely more evil rivals and villains. A Team that makes more sense.
I would like to be able to choose which side I would like to be on, such as a team or a hero. I would also like to be able to FREELY answer NO if I want to, without them saying, "Excuse me, I didn't hear that... Tell me one more time." Repetitively.

I want more of a road to travel.

I am looking forward to the day that they make a game with every single region, every single rival, and every single Pokemon. That is going to be wild.
But until then...

I would like to see darker storylines and definitely more evil rivals and villains. A Team that makes more sense.
I would like to be able to choose which side I would like to be on, such as a team or a hero. I would also like to be able to FREELY answer NO if I want to, without them saying, "Excuse me, I didn't hear that... Tell me one more time." Repetitively.

A Pokemon RPG with all the regions will probably be a console game, I believe

Yet Salamence can learn Fly naturally at level 50. Why? Because it always wanted to Fly. Yeah, says it in the 'Dex.

I know, I know. Logic and Pokemon games don't really get along but come on now! You're going to do this for a dragon and not a robot? Why shaft my 'bot?! :p

(I can't help it. Cruising along the skies of Unova on a freaking robot is awesome. I do love my Golurk.)
Or reduce the number to only three or so. I do use Fly and Surf but not really any of the others. So why do I carry around these somewhat useless machines anyway? All they do is take up space in my bag and teach my Pokemon cruddy moves that I don't really want them to have.

As for Gen 6: Could we maybe have a mascot legendary that isn't a Dragon? Please? It's not that I don't like Dragons, I just think they've kinda been done to death here. Some variety would really rock.

I always figured the HMs were amplifications of the normal powers of the Pokémon, which would explain how small birds can carry you around using Fly and all that.

Which is odd, because you'd think that a Machamp would be perfectly able to move a boulder without the need for a special move. Or that your Lapras needs Surf to carry you over water.

Even being generous and applying pokémon logic, that does not make any sense. Which is why I think HMs should be axed. Some other alternative to fast movement needs to be implemented, but I'm sure that could have been solved in a better way to begin with anyways.

Yet Salamence can learn Fly naturally at level 50. Why? Because it always wanted to Fly. Yeah, says it in the 'Dex.

I know, I know. Logic and Pokemon games don't really get along but come on now! You're going to do this for a dragon and not a robot? Why shaft my 'bot?! :p

(I can't help it. Cruising along the skies of Unova on a freaking robot is awesome. I do love my Golurk.)

Once again, there's a lot of actually pokémon that fly that doesn't learn Fly, so I don't honestly see any reason for Golurk to learn it naturally, not even by a HM.

Or reduce the number to only three or so. I do use Fly and Surf but not really any of the others. So why do I carry around these somewhat useless machines anyway? All they do is take up space in my bag and teach my Pokemon cruddy moves that I don't really want them to have.

I think they should have innate abilities if anything, though that would be more difficult to implement in the gameplay. At the moment, I feel too forced into using either a HM slave, or having to implement moves that take up a valuable move-slot just to get past one obstacle. That's not strategy, that's just annoying. Quite honestly, HMs serve only as an annoyance when it comes to gameplay, or at least as far as I'm concerned.

I think we should re-implement bag-space restrictions. Now this would be wildly unpopular I think, but sometimes I do think it's better for the game to actually think about what items you want to be carrying at all times. While certainly practical for the players, it also makes the games easier, and it's not like the games need that even further.

If you add longer, more challenging routes and bag-space restrictions, you would perhaps be forced to actually think over what you want to bring on this trip, unlike the current situation.

Also, I would like to have the poison effect back. Why they even removed this is beyond me, did it make the game harder (not that gen IV did anything better, why can't it faint anymore? That's just stupid)? If they do bring it back, I think it should also affect burn as well, though maybe at a slower pace?

Another thing that I want is a transfer method between gen V and gen VI that's not something gimmicky. While it was improved in gen V (the ability to transfer 6 pokémon per game is just stupid, which is one reason to why I hated the Pal Park), it's still a stupid mini-game that serves no function whatsoever. Why even have a score? Does it matter? Just let me transfer my pokémon without problem, the only difference is that it takes longer time and ends up annoying me, the player. When transferring large amounts of pokémon, it gets tedious.

But until then...

You're telling the truth. I'd make you a cookie but I'd eat it.

I need more ninja-like pokemon.

I think it'd be fun to have the legendary somehow be related to your starter... Like if you choose the Fire starter, you can catch the Fire legendary later, and so on. I think it'd be kind of cool to have that simple choice you make at the beginning of the game have a larger effect on the 'mons/story/etc. later on.

And make more version-exclusive stuff. I always like to buy both versions, but sometimes it isn't even worth it when there are very few exclusive 'mons, and almost no exclusive legendaries. Black and White did a good job with this, but I'd like to see even more variance between the games. Perhaps tweak the entire region, one more temperate, the other almost arctic? Same landmass, different weather/areas/'mons. The warmer game would have a beach resort, the colder one a ski resort. More Ice and Water 'mons in one game, more Grass and Fire in the other. Stuff like that. GF seems to want to emphasize trading/connectivity/buying both games lately, what with White/Black Forest/City and Landorous and his kin.

Excuse my ramble, I know it's a half-baked kind of idea.

Another thing that I want is a transfer method between gen V and gen VI that's not something gimmicky. While it was improved in gen V (the ability to transfer 6 pokémon per game is just stupid, which is one reason to why I hated the Pal Park), it's still a stupid mini-game that serves no function whatsoever. Why even have a score? Does it matter? Just let me transfer my pokémon without problem, the only difference is that it takes longer time and ends up annoying me, the player. When transferring large amounts of pokémon, it gets tedious.

Couldn't agree more, and I think they should use that space to make something useful

HMs should be replaced by Key Items. For example, a knife instead of HM Cut.

Last edited:
I'd definitely like to see an in game event, like Red Gyrados, where you got the opportunity to catch some Shiny Pokemon.

And yeah lets change the HM system. At this point most of them you'll use maybe once or twice and then never again. There's no reason a Lapras can't have me ride on its back, on a lake unless it knows Surf!

HMs should be replaced by Key Items. For example, a knive instead of HM Cut.

This, this, and this. Maybe a hammer instead of Rock Smash, a flashlight for Flash, and... I'm not too sure on Strength and Fly.

HMs should be replaced by Key Items. For example, a knife instead of HM Cut.

If your idea is implemented the only real usage of HMs would be Fly, Waterfall and Strength. Certain pokemon may already be able to carry players without the need of Surf. But Surf is a stable as its is one of the best water type moves with great damage, great accuracy, decent amount of PP and is readily available.

I think that would be a bit of a problem for me.
I think your idea is a good one, but I think Pokemon use too much of that already. They do it in HG/SS, depending on which version you get it depends on whether you can catch Lugia or Ho-Oh (excuse me if I am wrong). I think it would be nice if you could choose your own starter without worrying how it will effect your later game. They do this every single time.

I do agree, however, with you on the regional differences. I would love to see a summerland vs. a winterland. But I would like to see them worry more about the characters and storyline more than Pokemon and designs. I wouldn't mind them stop making Pokemon for a while and make a really awesome game where you can choose your actual destiny, whether it be a life of crime (like if you joined a Team of your desire) or it be the life of a Champion, a breeder or collector. It would be awesome to see what ways people could interact with each other on Wi-Fi if we weren't so similar.

"Would you like me to teach you how to catch Pokemon?"
">NO"
"Oh okay"

THAT IS ALL, PLEASE.

Also have your mom serve some purpose like she did in GSC/HGSS, where she could save money for you and then you didn't have to lose EVERYTHING if you hit a difficult boss.

Maybe change up the family situation a little? You could have a mom...AND a dad. Or just a dad. Or maybe you could live with one or both grandparents instead. Or have a sibling.

BRING BACK DOUCHE RIVALS. I LOVE DOUCHE RIVALS. I don't know, whenever I see my rival being a jerk I keep thinking "YEAH WHAT A JERK, I TOTALLY HAVE TO BEAT HIM AND PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE NOW". When my rival's nice I just feel bad for beating them.

Hell, if I see that my rival's the Champion in Gen. 6 I would be so nostalgically happy.

A douche rival would be great. She probably wouldn't abuse her pokémon, but imply having a pretty harsh training regimen, and, uh, EV trains. If EVs and IVs are made explicit in the games, she could be the one to introduce you to them. She'd do the one-step-ahead thing all the time, use items, appear at the end of dungeons, and of course use TMs and a team that varies depending on her starter.

Since there can be two, now (maybe in addition to the pseudo-rival, the opposite-gender character), it'd still be possible to have a friend going on the journey, though if he is supposed to be your friend, he'd probably not mind losing and treat it as a fun thing. It could go either way from there, hinting that he's becoming disappointed and envious as he continues to lose to you, or he could treat it like most gym leaders and just be enthused by how you won because battles are fun things, not just competition. His team would probably stay the same regardless of starter.

I also want to see a rival that replaces pokémon in every battle - not quite as far as N, not replacing the whole team, but just improving the team after each route. Like, maybe a pidove is caught early, but after the route a stronger flying-type becomes available, that one takes its place. The final team, just before the E5 slog, is composed of some of the strongest pokémon in the region. The rival is probably the one filling the pokédex, too. May or may not be the douche rival (EV training is an investment you don't really make on pokémon you're going to replace, generally) but is probably not an especially nice one. Maybe the character whom you thought would be the pseudo-rival, but they actually seem to go about it like a player of the game might. (Then, if they become the Champion, future games could deal with the canon easily, and name both potential player characters as Champions.) This character can also then appear on the multi battle thing of the game, with a variety of powerful pokémon, also.

Maybe a Wally-esque rival to round it off >>; Not as much focus because he'd be one among many, but certainly unexpected.

Being able to canonically lose certain battles would be great - rivals, gym leaders, E5, etc, though probably wouldn't work for villainous teams in most cases. Even if it's only to change the dialogue a bit on a rematch instead of the story just moving on, and it's acknowledged later, I'd be fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom