• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I think it would be pretty cool for Generation VI's games to have the villain of the main story be your mom.

No one would ever expect a matronly middle-aged woman to try and conquer the world.

I think it'd be more likely to be the player's seemingly non-existent father, rather than their mother. I totally wanted Cyrus to turn out to be the player's father.

This conversation is getting to be very awkward.

That aside, it would be nice to have more than one game at the Game Corner.

This conversation is getting to be very awkward.

Bahahaha, thank you. I was sitting on the side line going, "Oh, dear..."

Anywho, I know other people have mentioned this as well, but I want to see more of a family unit. It'd be really cool if they did a little change up and had a stay-at-home dad while mom was a researcher or even a gym leader. Heck, what if Dad is the Pokemon professor and Mom is a leading researcher? That'd be nifty. One of your rivals could be a sibling (maybe the boy or girl PC that isn't you) that starts his/her journey with you. Perhaps they are a year older than you and resent you because your parents held him/her back so you both could start your adventures at the same time, thus adding a hint of animosity between you and your rival. Hmm... just a thought.

OH! Something else I thought about: I want a jungle area. We've had tons of forests, but I would be really be up for a legit JUNGLE.

Bahahaha, thank you. I was sitting on the side line going, "Oh, dear..."

Anywho, I know other people have mentioned this as well, but I want to see more of a family unit. It'd be really cool if they did a little change up and had a stay-at-home dad while mom was a researcher or even a gym leader. Heck, what if Dad is the Pokemon professor and Mom is a leading researcher? That'd be nifty. One of your rivals could be a sibling (maybe the boy or girl PC that isn't you) that starts his/her journey with you. Perhaps they are a year older than you and resent you because your parents held him/her back so you both could start your adventures at the same time, thus adding a hint of animosity between you and your rival. Hmm... just a thought.

OH! Something else I thought about: I want a jungle area. We've had tons of forests, but I would be really be up for a legit JUNGLE.

The family and the jungle are both great ideas! Mabey the champion could be your cousin. And the jungle could have ALL the monkey based pokemon (except chimchar) and tropiuos, Carnvine,Chatot,Ekans,Arbok,Sevipor,ect.

Sorry, but I just do not want any more types. 17 is enough to manage now. Besides, after 649 Pokémon, I doubt they would go through and retcon all that might need the new type. In Gen 2 it was understandable, but I can't see them doing it now.

Otherwise, I'd quite like to be able to release Pokémon straight from the party.

Good point, they only introduced dark because psi type was so over powered and had so few weaknesses (no bug buzz or shadow force)

The family and the jungle are both great ideas! Mabey the champion could be your cousin. And the jungle could have ALL the monkey based pokemon (except chimchar) and tropiuos, Carnvine,Chatot,Ekans,Arbok,Sevipor,ect.
Yeah, a jungle area would be awesome. Maybe it would be an excuse to finally add lion and tiger Pokemon?

Yeah, a jungle area would be awesome. Maybe it would be an excuse to finally add lion and tiger Pokemon?

Luxrays are lions, but we really need that tiger. And maybe a mosquito. That would make an awesome jungle.

Isn't Arcanine a lion? The mosqutio could be Bug/Dark (there are too many Bug/Poison pokemon) and could learn leach life at Lv. 1 no evo. They could add Liepard as a lepord. The tiger is a good idea.

Isn't Arcanine a lion? The mosqutio could be Bug/Dark (there are too many Bug/Poison pokemon) and could learn leach life at Lv. 1 no evo. They could add Liepard as a lepord. The tiger is a good idea.

Arcanine is a Shisa Guardian, which are part dog part lion. However, he's most true to the dog part.

The mosquito sounds great. Maybe starts off like a leech, then mosquito, maintaining a vampiric feel.

Perhaps a water/something python, and some arboreal Pokemon. Lemurs, tree kangaroos, etc. Also, a true elephant! I love Phanpy and Donphan, but I would really be up for another elephant that was maybe water-type, or even grass.

A jungle/rainforest could have some really interesting weather effects. Available paths could change depending on if it's raining, or maybe there could be varying intensities of rain (like a monsoon could occur every so often).

Arcanine is most likely not a lion due to the fact that it has "canine" in its name.
Got Accelgor'd. ^'s answer was way better than mine anyway.

I like the idea of a Bug/Dark-type, but I still think we need more Bug/Water-types...

If there is a mosquito Pokemon, it should definitely have an ability that increase the power of HP-draining moves. It would be the only thing that would make sense for it imo.

If there is a mosquito Pokemon, it should definitely have an ability that increase the power of HP-draining moves. It would be the only thing that would make sense for it imo.

That would be great, but I think for a Bug/Dark/Water/anythingotherthanflying mosquito, Levitate also makes a lot of sense. Although, I guess that doesn't matter as much for a Bug-type who has a ground resistance... OOH! The ability could be called Vampire/Vampirism or something! Hah, sorry. I get overexcited about such things.

Mosqutios lay eggs in the water so maby it can be a two stage with the first stage being Bug/Water. And it can have Swarm with the "Vampire" one.

*Cracks Knuckles*

No fire fighting starter
No event pokemon
A new move called machination, raises special attack by 3
A new ability called galaxy, boosts all stats in double, multi, triple and rotation battles.

The female would have higher stats than the male (female mosquitoes have killed half of all humans who have ever lived)

This, this, and this. Maybe a hammer instead of Rock Smash, a flashlight for Flash, and... I'm not too sure on Strength and Fly.

Jetpack for fly? Boxing Gloves for strength?

Last edited by a moderator:

You start it off as a Bug/Water pokemon and it evolves to a Bug/Dark Pokemon. Levitate does make sense, but I think seeing a completely new ability would be better and more original myself.

I'd like to see a mosquito stay Bug/Water throughout the whole line. I like that typing, and was really disappointed when Surskit lost it upon evolution. :/

The female would have higher stats than the male (female mosquitoes have killed half of all humans who have ever lived)

Errr, what? I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Anyways, looking at BW's bag (or DPPt's for that matter), I can only conclude that I want item storage back. Why they even removed this in favor of unlimited space is beyond me. It dumbs down the game, and it's very unpractical (well, finding an item with a full bag is kinda unpractical as well, but then you have to consider throwing away some items to get the new, or having to return for it.) for navigating, especially the long lists. You don't need all the items all the time. I would certainly like a limit to items (20-30 general items, ten healing items, 10-15 different pokéballs, don't really care for TMs (discs don't take much place...) and some berries, this is just an example though) to make things a bit more difficult, but this naturally involves bringing back storage.

Also, bring back poison damage as well. And make the pokémon actually faint again.

Back
Top Bottom