• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Gothitelle does actually look kinda like a Dark-type. But Im hoping that a real Dark/Psychic Pokemon would look cooler.

Me too. Gothitelle, IMHO, looked kind of ridiculous.
Maybe something like a cross between a.... Umbreon and a Gardevoir??? But without the dress..... Maybe Gallade?
I can't really think of any cool psychic type Pokemon at the moment....

All I want from the next generation are these three things:

A Farfetch'd evolution
A Steel/Ghost type Pokémon
Legendaries that aren't creators of the universe/movers of continents/embodiments of victory/etc.

I just wan't the games to be based on a tad older market. Make the enemies more devious, make the script more risque and just make it more rpg like rather than linear. The main series should evolve into something similar to Gale of Darkness gameplay (although much better overall). However i guess this will happen by gen 7 or 8 not 6.

As for pokemon...hmm...not too many legendaries, the surplus of them in the last two gens completely reduced their value. Oh and with all the people saying all 600+whatever pokemon should be in one game, i don't think it is a good idea. Somehow managing to get these pokemon outside of in-game methods is exactly what makes them special. If all pokemon were in one game, the trade 'business' would simply die.

As for event pokemon, unlike wifi some people don't have access to a prized pokemon given away in a toys r us store in New York, what with others unwilling to trade. Perhaps, and i know this may be a silly idea, event pokemon should be distributed via online tournaments where the first prize wins the pokemon and second gets a less valuable one and so on. I know they can't possible manage the millions of players into tournaments but it's just an idea.

No matter what they do with gen 6, rest assured i for one will stay a loyal enthusiast.

I want the next way of sending Pokemon over to be easy. No ridiculous game that takes forever to play. I want it to be "Please select the six Pokemon you would like to send over. Some animation. And bam, your Pokemon is in Gen 6."

I personally want more weathers, items, and a few more priority moves. Maybe a couple of Eevee evolutions, a feature to rematch Gym leaders with more powerful Pokemon. Also, I would want Random Matchup to be improved. I'm sure a lot of players, if not all, want Random Matchup to allow 6 on 6 since exchanging FCs is inconvenient for some.

Oh, and secret bases. Why did they even cancel it in HGSS? I personally like the Gen III secret bases best, though.

I don't care if i said it already, or if it's already been said at all, but I want Durant to. GET. EARTHQUAKE.

more than four moves! it's getting tiresome, having four moves on a pokemon and getting asked to get an awesome new move but your original four are great for a strategy, but this is great as a trump card, wreck your strategy or stick with it? and I support megaman XD s idea of have a battle system where you as the player move the pokemon and use your attacks, combo attacks, don't know how double battles will work but this system means dodging will be how you do it, as in the battles are battle-y,
I have never seen a fight in which the combatants ran across the room to slap each other across the face
Yahtzee said this which really points out, why? I mean sure pokemon have to wait for their trainer to tell them what attacks to do sure but they can try to survive while waiting, right?

Make a way to let male only pokèmon get egg moves.

No, I mean pokemon that are Male only can't recive egg moves right now. I want that to change.

The ability to purchase evo items and such. Wild Pokemon up to 87ish and a long ass post game.

My opinion probably isn't worth much, as I have yet to play B/W. I would LOVE to see a pokemon colosseum 3 in gen 6.
Also a Dual Grass/Fire pkmn based on a jack-o'-lantern would be nice. Think about it. Fire has trouble with rock, ground, water. Grass has trouble with fire, flying, poison, bug, and offensively against steel and dragon. So...the only types with advantages would be poison, and dragon (defensively). Come to think of it, a dual poison/dragon would make an intense legendary.
And Gemstones as titles haven't been done to death. How 'bout Topaz?

My Wants:
New Eeveelutions (because last time i checked there are still other type and Eevee's Dex entry states that it adapts!)
The gear that allows you to battle trainers again.
Berries
Contests (because Musicals suck!)
Your team header to follow you around (but to also have the option of walking alone)
Awesome Pokemon
To give 100% male/females counterparts (Because how do they breed?)
Gender differances for pokemon that look extremly masculine (Machamp)/Femine (Lopunny)

Dont Want:
New Evo's for classics or Prefectly capable pokemon
Musicals

I'm pretty much happy so long as the game series continues on in general. But there are a few things I'm hoping for in particular:

*A fire cat Pokemon. Because it would be awesome.
*More Fire-type Pokemon in general. Particularly ones available early in the game. They just keep getting left out.
*A Dark-type gym. Because, really, we need one.
*To have my Pokemon follow me around again.
*For VS Seeker or something similar to return. Wild Pokemon just aren't cutting it.
*New Eeveelutions. Because you can't have too much of a good thing. =3
*A fire starter whose final evolution is not Fire/Fighting. >_>

That's all for now. Maybe I'll think of something else later.

Let me make a list of ideas;

Be released on all three console platforms, Pokemon is very succesful on the DS, a handheld device, now, if they released it on the next generation of consoles, it would be a huge step up. with consoles and online gaming revolutionising games and all. Handheld Pokemon games are getting old, samey, tired.

Appeal to older audiences. Pokemon is pissing me off a bit how they (GameFreak) have to tone it down for children. Prehaps make this one a one-off with a 15 rating and see how it goes.

Bigger platform = bigger game, make a huge reigon spanning at least 24 gyms (8 of which with mixed types, obviously.

Bigger, deeper and darker plotline

On-hand Pokemon stock increased from 6 to 9.

Due to the above point, change the EXP system so that all Pokemon get half the EXP each for the defeated Pokemon. For example, Misdreavus defeats Nosepass, gains 600 EXP, Steelix, Dusknoir and Drapion gain 300 EXP each.

Main Protagonists are teenagers (B&W kinda got this right)

PC isn't a bloody mime! Give him some Character! Silent protagonists are a waste of character design if they don't have speech differing from YES and NO.

Plot twist at the end. Colosseum did this right. Twice.

Add more to online, new battle modes and bet matches (One player bets a Pokemon, and another gets to keep it should he defeat him in battle.)

Oh, and one last point, a big one at that; MAKE ALL POKEMON AVAILABLE ON ONE VERSION, OR BETTER STILL DON'T RELEASE TWO VERSIONS YOU CASH COWS.

Back
Top Bottom