• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I honestly don't know if this has been mentioned before, and there are more then 70 pages of comments so I cannot go back to see if it has, but I would love the ability to customize the character you pick. :D I always choose the female character, but I don't like the incredibly short shorts on a 10-14 year old. XD Something like they had in PBR!

Regarding pokemon... er... I did see this mentioned! And I agree a water/fire type would be great! Having the levitate or lightning rod ability would make it even better! It would still have its weaknesses, but eh. XD

I think game freak should make a choice give the PCs some level of character have them talk make choices or make them customizable.

Make the starters EXTREMELY rare, but able to find in the wild?

Maybe make it to where it is impossible, like in the past games, to find the other starters until you beat the story/E4.

Customizing your own character would be great! I do like the design of the characters in B/W, but it would be great to throw in a little variety.

I wouldn't want three possible types on a pokèmon. With the 17 types we have we haven't even had all possible type combos yet.

Don't they hire new artists for each generation to take care of the Pokes, though? Imo, that's not so much as 'running out of ideas' as it is 'different views from the range of artists'. I think a lot of the people who complain about new designs just let nostalgia get in the way more.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the older games as much as many others(even more than some of the newer games) and even I look at some newer designs with a 'huh' face, but that's only a few here and there. You have a bunch of people who bash 'everything' new that comes out, though.

I think we both are in pretty much agreement here, but let me say that most fans won't bother about who drew the mon but will always comment or rather hate on the designs. You must have seen hundreds of fans saying:
"Conkeldurr: A old man with a Rudolph nose? The new gen pokemon designs suck!!"
or
"They should never have made mons after gen 1. The new designs suck!!"
Now its these guys who "nostalgia-fags" as they have been named.

And on the flip side, there are other fans like me who are fans of newer gen designs but will agree that some designs like Vannilite line are terrible. And i think a cake mon is a baaad idea. It will be liked by a very few but will pretty much cause an outrage everywhere. The idea seems to be as bad as a poke after Coca-cola or sandwiches.

Trap Dodger: Wouldn't that be broken in the Metagame?
Survivalist: Again, broken?
Sweet Dreams: Wouldn't that be redundant because of Rest?
Sticky Surface: That sounds good, a good counter to fast foes.

I am aware that some of these will break the meta game, but I am not a meta game player. Thank you for pointing this out though ;-)

Trap Dodger: basically a VERY specific Magic Guard, so it wouldn't be broken, just annoying, although you could toxic them w/o spikes, since it would only protect against hazards.
Survivalist: sounds like solid rock to me, which is super-helpful, and not game-breaking at all, especially if you hit with a 4x effective move
Sweet Dreams: probably helpful for a restalker, in the event rest isnt chosen by sleep talk.
Sticky Surface: I like it, like intimidate, but it lowers speed instead. Probably the most useful to pair up with a Tailwinded, Chlorophyll, or Sand Rush poke, so they get the full benefit of the boost.

btw @Squeaky the first, I like how you transferred their effects from MD to main-series related abilities

Anyways, something I'd like... alongside Durant getting Earthquake, probably... Agh. slipped my mind while i was navigating here...

Ethnic Main Characters

I think the best option for things like this would be the character customization that's already been mentioned:

-I'd like some extent of customization for the main character. Pick a trainer class, choose from a few hair styles and clothing combinations. Doesn't need to be too complicated.

Also, I think it would be nice to make the character limit for the names of things a little longer. Not absolutely necessary, of course, just allows a bit more room for creativity.

I want more powerful SMALL pokémon, more creepy ghost types, some feline/canine pokémon that aren't normal/dark type, and another dragon+water type =)

I second the dual regions thing, or even combine them all together to make a SUPERgame... that would be amazing! Maybe I would finally have max-level pokémon.

OH and sprite customization!! WTB WTB WTB. I want it because of reasons. :|

I want more powerful SMALL pokémon, more creepy ghost types, some feline/canine pokémon that aren't normal/dark type, and another dragon+water type =)

I second the dual regions thing, or even combine them all together to make a SUPERgame... that would be amazing! Maybe I would finally have max-level pokémon.

OH and sprite customization!! WTB WTB WTB. I want it because of reasons. :|

Woah, Woah, why do you want to break the metagame even more?!?

But i like your super-game idea. I've wanted a game with all regions since I was a kid. Would save my money...atleast.

New Eveelutions! I'm suprised they didn't add some in B&W. They should no better! Most fans are crazy over Eeveelutions...

Because Eevee is awesome and deserves to have an evolution for every type ever. =3
Or at least Dragon. It's the only one of the original "special" types that it doesn't have an evolution for. That is, types that were powered by the Special Attack stat before Gen IV.

Yes, Dragon! That's what I've always wanted is a Dragon type Eevee. A Steel Eevee would also be really awesome.

If only Pokemon would get some of the fans great ideas... Maybe Gen 5 would have been better. If you look at the 1st gen, then 2nd gen, you'll know what I mean. Because pokemon fans design by the 1st gen!

Back
Top Bottom