• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Since Generation V is nothing like I predicted it to be, I don't want to even think about Generation VI.

New Eveelutions! I'm suprised they didn't add some in B&W. They should no better! Most fans are crazy over Eeveelutions...

Why is it so surprising? Back when Generation V was new, we knew there weren't going to be any evolutions or pre-evolutions.

No new (pre)evolutions = No new Eeveelutions.

I didn't mind about the lack of Eeveelutions, in all honesty I really don't care if they give Eevee the cold shoulder.

Eeveelutions ARE NEEDED they should totally do 2 or 3 ones in GEN VI, they will keep making 'em until we have an eevee of every type

I an a fan of good Eeveelutions, like the Gen IV ones. If the devs have some good ideas for eeveelutions, I hope they will include those ideas. If they do not, then eeveelutions can wait for Gen VII.

I think it would be more fitting for the franchise to use cell animation for the over world as it would be more fitting for the character designs since they look pretty bad in 3D.

They should keep the battles in 3D though.

use more buildings in the cities that you can actually go into. No more using buildings with no doors, just include the extra buildings and have people you can talk to in them along with buildings that are used in-game.

Also, increase the sizes of towns/cities

Yes, Eeveeloutions. Please.

Dragon. Ground. Flying. That's up next.

(in a sarcastic voice) Yes! Let's have a game for kids that lets you STEAL THINGS!!! Call it Grand Theft Pokemon version!

Isn't that basically what the Colosseum series is? lol & The main character of that series started out as a thief himself. I guess I do like the idea of being the rival. If they ever did that they should also keep the type advantage that the rival has.

The darkside is always suppose to be easier afterall than the light.

As for something I would personally like, is more recognition of your status as an elite trainer. The more gyms that you beat then the more that your name is regarded throughout the region. Also beating certain trainers, like Ace's could raise your reputation a bit too.

Defeating the champion should be the crown jewel and you become famous for it, and maybe get to relegate the E4. Also I would like the option of starting your own personal Gym after the main story is over. Or maybe even using the champion status to set up your own battle facility with trainers appearing to challenge you for your title.

use more buildings in the cities that you can actually go into. No more using buildings with no doors, just include the extra buildings and have people you can talk to in them along with buildings that are used in-game.

Also, increase the sizes of towns/cities

Hmmm..... Adding more buildings you can go in might make the game more tedious. I get annoyed with checking out every building after awhile just to have someone inside tell me that I can have up to six Pokemon at a time with me....... Yeah, I know that already! Don't you have something you can give a new trainer that's starting his journy? LOL!

But, I've also been annoyed with the size of the smaller towns (like Nuvema). There should be more than 4 buildings in a town (Nuvema Town wasn't that small in the anime).

Isn't that basically what the Colosseum series is? lol

Well, I've never played Colosseum before.

But, I've also been annoyed with the size of the smaller towns (like Nuvema). There should be more than 4 buildings in a town (Nuvema Town wasn't that small in the anime).

Every city is drastically smaller in the game than in the anime... can you imagine if they had made every city map a sprawling maze? It'd take you Hours to find the gym in almost every town, and there would be so many people to interact with, that it would drive the programmers mad to give each of them something unique to say. Nonetheless, I do agree that there should not be buildings with no entrance or exit. That's bad architecture.

Every city is drastically smaller in the game than in the anime... can you imagine if they had made every city map a sprawling maze? It'd take you Hours to find the gym in almost every town, and there would be so many people to interact with, that it would drive the programmers mad to give each of them something unique to say.

That's true. But it would still be nice if they added a couple more buildings to the smaller towns and some of the larger cities. Also, for the larger cities, they could do like they did with Castelia City and have people going up and down the streets.

I definitely would like larger towns to appear in Gen VI but I can understand the difficulties with fitting such a large space onto a cartridge. Even if the cities all triple in size, the routes would have to get larger to make the region appear not just an urban sprawl....

Or maybe the next Pokémon game could be set in a sandbox-like city like GTA! With heaps of things to do and no set goals.

Or maybe the next Pokémon game could be set in a sandbox-like city like GTA! With heaps of things to do and no set goals.

Interesting thought. It could certainly be good in some aspects, but it might take away from the adventure part a bit.

I wonder if a Pokemon game in Gen VI (maybe as a side game) that is an MMORPG would work

I don't have a story idea but I do have a list of things I want to see.

1. Interesting and different towns.
2. Short routes.
3. Puzzles that don't rely on flashiness.
4. Regular Pokemon being more recognised in the world of Pokemon.
5. Pokemon styled Pokemon.
6. More then one region in each game.
7. Less dialogue.
8. More new features (emphasis on new).
9. Simpler game play.
10. No more tutorials.
11. Rivals that are rivals.
12. Subtler bosses.
13. Subtler ledgies.
14. Less clean looking routes.
15. Being able to complete the game.

I don't have a story idea but I do have a list of things I want to see.

1. Interesting and different towns.
2. Short routes.
3. Puzzles that don't rely on flashiness.
4. Regular Pokemon being more recognised in the world of Pokemon.
5. Pokemon styled Pokemon.
6. More then one region in each game.
7. Less dialogue.
8. More new features (emphasis on new).
9. Simpler game play.
10. No more tutorials.
11. Rivals that are rivals.
12. Subtler bosses.
13. Subtler ledgies.
14. Less clean looking routes.
15. Being able to complete the game.

1. Agreed
2. A mix of short and long routes would be good, sometimes exploring the longer ones is fun.
3. What exactly do you mean?
4. What exactly do you mean?
5. What? If GF designs a Pokemon, it IS Pokemon styled.
6. Agreed
7. Dialogue is good, dialogue is necessary.
8. Obviously
9. Depending on what you mean by this, I may or may not agree.
10. Tutorials are good for beginners, but they should be skippable.
11. Agreedish
12. What do you mean?
13. What do you mean?
14. I think I know what you mean, and I kind of agree. Depends on the style of the whole region though.
15. Of course.

1. Agreed
2. A mix of short and long routes would be good, sometimes exploring the longer ones is fun.
3. What exactly do you mean?
4. What exactly do you mean?
5. What? If GF designs a Pokemon, it IS Pokemon styled.
6. Agreed
7. Dialogue is good, dialogue is necessary.
8. Obviously
9. Depending on what you mean by this, I may or may not agree.
10. Tutorials are good for beginners, but they should be skippable.
11. Agreedish
12. What do you mean?
13. What do you mean?
14. I think I know what you mean, and I kind of agree. Depends on the style of the whole region though.
15. Of course.

2. Okay, I get you're point. But some of them are still very boring to me.
3. Three words, roller coaster gym.
4. Do you how many npc in the games now do nothing but talk about the ledgies. My gosh, you know there are other Pokemon NPCs!
5. By that logic that means that nobody can ever make a bad sequel. Ever.
7. I'm not saying no dialogue. I'm saying less. Much less.
8. Well, yeah it's obvious. But you'd be surprised how few new concepts are introduced in the games now in days. Most of the "new" stuff is just the old stuff just updated.
9. I mean generally, easier gameplay. The game makers keep add this little addition things that are just plain time wasters. Like the bike puzzles and moves that are not even useful unless you have this other move(s) or ability or type. It just bogs down the game.
10. What I meant here is, not that there should be no explanation to how the game works but that it's not in, tutorial style. The characters in the game should be able to explain this stuff, not some teachy tv or help option on the pc. Honestly that's what manual are for.
12. They should be secretive, or if not secretive, I shouldn't be able to figure out in one glance who they are.
13. They should be secretive, or if not secretive, I shouldn't be able to figure out in one glance who they are.
15. What I mean by that, of course, that the game should acknowledge that I won. That there is no further story nor greater adventure. And if there is a greater adventure I should see the credits again after I have succeeded in accomplishing it.

I want an evil organization whose goals are a little more realistic. Like team rocket: steal, make money, and control people. Not expand the seas or whatever team galactic wanted.

Also, please don't use ridiculous costumes for the evil team's grunts (i mean, there are some that just look silly instead of mean and evil such as team plasma's)

Back
Top Bottom