• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

-No Dragon-Type "box art legendaries"
-No Fire-Fighting starter.
-Kanto in 3D

Kanto can die in a fucking fire that is all... agree on the Fire/Fighting starter but I like the Dragon legends since dragons are supossed to be legendary in the firstplace

-Kanto in 3D

Kanto can die in a fucking fire that is all... agree on the Fire/Fighting starter but I like the Dragon legends since dragons are supossed to be legendary in the firstplace

Flygon... Druddigon.. Say what?

I'm hoping for a better post-game in Generation VI than in B/W. I lacked the motivation to beat the Elite 4 because there's nothing that interested me in the post-game.

I'd go for a core change, I'd make all Pokemon either have more HP, or lower the damage of the attacks.

The reason is, to make Pokemon battles longer, and more interesting.

When I reach the Champion, the best trainer in the region, or whatever, he sends out a big, powerful Salamence or Tyranitar around level 80... and my level 60 Seel/Machop uses Ice Beam/Brick Break, and the battle is over. I believe you know what I mean.

I think they should rework how HMs work. As of now I have to have a HM-slave with me wherever I go, and it's really annoying to deposit/withdraw it every time. I could use the HM-moves on my actual team, but that means having to waste 1 potential attack for something that I never use in combat. My solution is:
Bulbasaur can learn Cut, right. What if Bulbasaur could use Cut out in the field, but didn't have to know the move? If I f.e. fish up a Krabby, I can use it to surf right away, without having to teach it Surf. This would make adventuring so much easier, dumping the need for me to catch a Paras everytime I want to start over.

I think they should rework how HMs work. As of now I have to have a HM-slave with me wherever I go, and it's really annoying to deposit/withdraw it every time. I could use the HM-moves on my actual team, but that means having to waste 1 potential attack for something that I never use in combat. My solution is:
Bulbasaur can learn Cut, right. What if Bulbasaur could use Cut out in the field, but didn't have to know the move? If I f.e. fish up a Krabby, I can use it to surf right away, without having to teach it Surf. This would make adventuring so much easier, dumping the need for me to catch a Paras everytime I want to start over.

That would kinda defeat the point of HMs, which is usually to keep you from getting places you're not supposed to be yet, unless they based the availability of species on how far you;re supposed to be able to get at that point. I don't think it would work very well.

Change that to a compatible Pokemon being able to use the move out of battle if you have the HM on hand, though, and I'll take it.

That would kinda defeat the point of HMs, which is usually to keep you from getting places you're not supposed to be yet, unless they based the availability of species on how far you;re supposed to be able to get at that point. I don't think it would work very well.

Change that to a compatible Pokemon being able to use the move out of battle if you have the HM on hand, though, and I'll take it.
In Generation V you can use HM moves as early as you get them... if you acquire a Pokémon with Surf early in the game, even before the point of getting the HM for it or even getting any badges, you can still use it.
Here's an idea... have items - SurfBoard / Raft, Axe / Machete, Lantern / FlashLight, etc. that you could use to Surf, cut down trees, and light up caves. Not sure how Strength, Fly, Waterfall, or Dive could be done with items though. And the problem with this would be that it would take the feel of "Pokémon" away from the game... it would just feel like a Zelda game or Animal Crossing or something since the Pokémon are now less involved. I'd say a solution would be to make it so HMs aren't needed at all to beat the game and are just used to get to bonus areas like finding good items or Legendaries. Except Surf... you gotta have Surf. Surf isn't much of a problem since its actually a decent move in battle. Either that, or make it so that the HM moves are used out of battle a lot more often... that would actually make it so it's not a complete waste teaching a Pokémon to Cut just to use it once.

Here's something I'd like to see in the game: Exp. All. Exp. Share is nice, but it's got some disadvantages... if I want to level up my entire team then I'd need to acquire 5 Exp. Shares, not to mention that its a hold item which not only prevents him from holding anything else but you have to take the time to switch items every time you change your party around. The only thing I don't like about Exp. All is that there's no way to turn it off without depositing it in the PC (which can't be done in the later games). And the message "_____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points!" gets annoying every battle.

1. A dark-type gym leader.
2. A limit on new Pokemon, so we wouldn't have so much. I also get the feeling the old ones are being forgotten.
3. An easier way to catch most of the older Pokemon from previous generations without transferring them from an older game. My wireless at home cannot allow me to have access to the Dream World. I prefer swarms instead.
4. Hopefully you can dress your own player character with different clothes options like in Dragon Quest 9. People complain about how the characters dress, why not give us this option.
5. If they introduce something new to the game play, they should let us experience it during the main story. Black and White has introduced triple battles and rotation battles, and the only thing I have experienced is only the rotation battles. I have not done a single triple battle in normal game play and the perfect time for it was the first gym.
6. Bring back the game corner with gambling. I am the richest person in Black and I have enough money to purchase a bike for everyone in Nuvema Town (it was an exaggeration, but it proves my point). They should also make the games in the game corner hard to beat to teach kids that gambling in life is frustrating (the slots in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum were too easy to win).
7. More cultural experiences. Ecruteak City had the traditional Japanese feeling when you explored the place.
8. Since places in Black and White had their own unique music depending on the seasons, gym and gym leader battle themes should have there own music style depending on the type.
9. Romance. I found out earlier this year that I am not the only one who thinks the player should have a love interest with other characters. But then again, I think I've played too much of Personas 3 and 4.

And a fly Mechanic that is somewhat like the dive mechanic, so when you use fly it takes you above the clouds and you need to manually find the place to go down. It wouldn't need to be hard to find, but at least there would be some traveling shown during the flying scene.
(At least that way it feels a little more realistic.)

Pfff yes that would be awesome!

Yes to this too! I was so disappointed that dewott wasn't water/fighting, it had to be the fire-starter again!
And for the box art: I recently purchased Firered and I just love how it's just charizard you get to see on the box and the title screen, because that's a pokemon you could actually have throughout the whole game. Legendaries only appear at the end and I never use them anyway. I'm actually voting for no legendaries at all, but since that's probably not going to happen, something else than a dragon-type would be nice for a change too.

Unrelated to the stuff above:
How about a main Pokemon game that is similar to Mass Effect in the sense that your actions determine the outcome in the game and the endings could be the following:

1. You graduate from a university and become a Pokemon Professor

2. You become the Champion of the Pokemon League (have a small tournament instead of an E4)
!

1. YES I want to be a professor! Then you would actually be working on the pokedex for yourself instead of some professor who's too lazy to do it himself.

2. When I first played pokemon (which was Diamond) I was actually surprised to find out there wasn't a tournament, only an E4. I thought it would be like the anime and I was kinda disappointed. I think a tournament would be more fun because your opponents could have pokemon with different types instead of having only pokemon of the same type. And you could get different opponents everytime you rechallenge the league, so you will never know beforehand which pokemon you are going to face.

2. A limit on new Pokemon, so we wouldn't have so much. I also get the feeling the old ones are being forgotten.

No offense, but if you want the old pokemon, you should just play the older games....It's the reason why I now purchased Firered, because there's lots of pokemon there I've never had before :)
In my opinion there's no point in making a new game if the pokemon are going to be the same all the time :)

8. Since places in Black and White had their own unique music depending on the seasons, gym and gym leader battle themes should have there own music style depending on the type.

I totally agree with this! It would create a unique atmosphere at every gym :) And listening to the same battle music gets boring after a while, too.

9. Romance. I found out earlier this year that I am not the only one who thinks the player should have a love interest with other characters. But then again, I think I've played too much of Personas 3 and 4.

I would like this too, but only if you get to choose that love interest yourself. I would love to have a system like in Mass Effect, where you get to make choices all the time and there you can also choose who you are going to make your love interest. That system is the only reason why I even play Mass Effect, or try to play at least (horribly failing at the shooting parts^^;).

Unrelated to the stuff above:
How about a main Pokemon game that is similar to Mass Effect in the sense that your actions determine the outcome in the game and the endings could be the following:

1. You graduate from a university and become a Pokemon Professor

2. You become the Champion of the Pokemon League (have a small tournament instead of an E4)

3. You become the Top Coordinator at a grand festival (have Contest Halls scattered around the region and Contests work more like the anime in terms of having a grand festival amongst other things)

4. You are accepted as an official Gym Leader (you take a similar path as #2, but you do things a little different such as not taking on the elite 4)

The post-game could be this:

1. (only if you get ending #1) do research and other things Professors do [honestly, I don't know how this would be implemented in a game]

2. (only if you get ending #2) continue your journey similar to how it is done now

3. (only if you get ending #3) I don't know yet

4. (only if you get ending #4) build your gym, hire gym trainers, battle opponents and give badges, etc.

In all four scenarios, you still have Pokemon you've trained and can still go around the region as you please of course. And have a Battling facility and Contest Hall that you can do in the post game for all four scenarios. Both places could be WiFi compatible and you can face people live over WiFi (kinda like how WiFi matches are done in Mario Kart 7), and you can sit in the audience, as these two places will be stadiums, and watch actual battles and contest matches from other people. You could have two viewing choices, 1st person or 3rd person. 1st person would be watching the battle from the same view-point as when you are actually battling, and you can switch the side you are watching from. 3rd person would be you watching the battle unfold from the outside, you would be able to change the camera from these perspectives: front row of the audience, up high from farther up the seating, like if you are sitting in the upper seats (both of these angles, the camera is in a fixed position], or [this being my favorite] the camera moving around (it would move like when you are watching a sporting event on TV). I doubt you would be able to WATCH a live match, though. But, who knows, maybe you could.

Sorry for the long post, I just couldn't stop with these ideas :)!

I guess for scenarios 1 and 4, which have a longer post-game, the in-game could be shorter than 2 and 3 which would have a longer in-game and not as much post-game.

A good post-game story! When I become champion all i do is train!
Let me become champion (the title I earned) for instance! Or build my own gym, that would be awesome!

A good post-game story! When I become champion all i do is train!
Let me become champion (the title I earned) for instance! Or build my own gym, that would be awesome!

Would be great if U got challenged by some other trainer who wants to beat the trainer!?
Or to go through some kind of school and different challenges to create U're gym!

So many posibilities! :D

What I meant to say was that I got the feeling that a lot of the older generation Pokemon are being less noticed in newer games. Before B/W was released, I checked Bulbapedia for all of the previous generation Pokemon's locations in B/W (except starters and legendaries) and I've noticed the only way you would find most of them are in the Dream World (which I can't seem to access with my wireless network) and not in the game itself. It was as if Game Freak is removing the older ones altogether. I don't mind new Pokemon at all. But there is such thing as limitation of space in a game cartridge.
Also, I have no problem playing FireRed again.

I would like to see more connectivity between handheld and console pokemon rpg's.

maybe you can sync your 3DS/DS Gen VI game to the Wii U Gen VI pokemon rpg (if there is one) and maybe have an expanded adventure on there?

kinda like you would get a good adventure on the handheld itself, but have a console game that acts like an expansion of that handheld game and you can use the handheld's player character, pokemon, etc. and continue your adventure there, and have some console exclusive places/adventures you can only do there?

After having played the Pokemon TCG online (and also from previous experience with a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game), I would really like to see a new TCG game.

I wanna be able to travel through all regions and have slight character customization like hair, clothes and accessories.
Like you can beat the elite four in every region + the new region you maybe can get a legendary pokemon that only appears if you have a certain item that you get from someone after you beat all elite fours. And also as stated before, side quests! And 2 rivals that you also name and customize one girl and one boy

yes it would make the idea of character customization as well as a more open ended story line and even multi-player!

So basicly you would start the game and you would see multilayer and single player. You could use a team given to you if you choose multiplayer or you could use the pokemon you caught in single player. IN single player you could customize you character and there would be a main story line with a ton of optional quests like in Skyrim. In multiplayer you could battle in tournaments or do quests with friends this would all be done in the same world but optimized for multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom