• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Battles that last longer than one or two moves. I don't mind battles with regular trainers being shorter and wild pokemon battles being even shorter than that, but Gym battles should be epic Boss style fights. I would love to see them last 15-20 minutes with multiple substitutions on both sides and a more complex AI. Elite 4 and League Champ should feel like you're fighting the game's Mega Boss instead of a glorified Gym Leader.

On the topic of AI, an AI that gets increasingly more difficult as you become stronger and more acquainted with the game. I want to lose battles. I want to feel like I need to completely shift my strategy away from zerg rush till I win to think about how I want to send my pokemon in, what kind of stat reducing moves I want to use.

Since the game is on 3DS, I am expecting it to last quite a while (hoping), so maybe a non-linear world that you can choose which order you fight gyms. if there is a villainous team, I would like them to feel like a real threat. I want to feel like I'm always behind through unwinnable battles for the story and grunts that actually feel like they know what they are doing. Maybe they could have a more complex goal then capture legendary take over the world.

I'd just like a game that is a little more mature in storytelling and gameplay while keeping the sense that it is still a pokemon game.

Trainer Rematches on demand like you could with the VS. Seeker, I don't really like the idea of waiting around until you can battle certain trainers.

I want to be able to rematch Gym leaders in Gen 6. Id just like the ability to battle them again with higher leveled Pokemon to challenge you and have your Pokemon get some good experience post game.

I've always wanted that. Even the PWT was lacking for me in that area.

With the PWT it was set Levels, a strict amount of Pokemon and you couldn't gain and Experience which is why I didn't really class it as "rematching" the Gym Leaders.

A GTS that isn't polluted with ridiculous or impossible trades.

A male Cubone for a Lvl 9 or under Darkrai? OH, OK, THAT MAKES SENSE.

The ability to put your swag on I E character customization and savable recording of game play would be cool for posting stuff online

I want romance in-game. like dating-sim type where you can date atleast 5 different people where you can meet them in towns or something. seriously this game needs something different so it won't just be catching pokemon and battling gym leaders. :lol:

I want romance in-game. like dating-sim type where you can date atleast 5 different people where you can meet them in towns or something. seriously this game needs something different so it won't just be catching pokemon and battling gym leaders. :lol:

Um, even though the player trainers are supposed to be avatars of us, they're designed to be like 10 year old kids. And since Pokemon is intended for all ages, I do not think a dating sim would be very appropriate.

I think it would be interesting to have the battlefield you are fighting on also affect the pokemon you choose to battle with instead of always having X always beats Y so ill use X. Some examples would be fighting in forest /wooded areas , water and coastal battlefields ( speed boost for water type pokemon?) , grasslands(equal field for all except water?) , tall-grass , deserts etc. Somewhat like how pokemon get benefits or disadvantages in certain weather but more flushed out. This could also be used in gyms to gym the player an extra challenger to overcome. Think a water gym where you have to battle on platforms in a pool or a volcanic gym.

Um, even though the player trainers are supposed to be avatars of us, they're designed to be like 10 year old kids. And since Pokemon is intended for all ages, I do not think a dating sim would be very appropriate.

oh right forgot about the fact that the PC's are 10 year olds. :shy: then maybe pokemon dating :lol:

Two new and awesome fossil-families! :D

I am curious what kinds of design we'll get! GIDDYGIDDY!

@Jungleluke Something based on the Baryonyx or Kronosaurus would be so incredibly badass.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'd ADORE to see a Pokemon based on a gargoyle. Aerodactyl looks the part, but he's supposed to be pterodactyl. Albeit, a heavily-stylized and not very accurate one.

Since it appears to be based off of France, it would be just perfect! A Pokemon based off of the gargoyle's of Notre Dame! Wouldn't that be amazing? I personally really like gargoyles, so it might just be me.

Anyway, aside from that, I'd like:

-Female Bug-type Gym Leader (If she simply must be girly, then she can be like a clothing designer who prefers using silk from her Pokemon.)
-Female Main Antagonist (So many possibilities.)
- Male Grass-type Gym Leader (Make him stereotypically suave and make him carry a rose or something, I dunno.)
- More Ghost-types, damn it.
- While it most likely won't happen, I'd like Poison to be super-effective against Bug again. Maybe give Water a Poison weakness as well.
- A single father, maybe?
- Some evolutions for old Pokemon, but not enough to be a majority in the region's Pokedex.
- For it to be based only off of France. No need to shove in theme-park versions of Spain and Germany when France is large and diverse enough to stand on its own as a good Pokemon region. Why do so many people believe that France is just Paris?
- NO MORE MUSICALS PLEASE DEAR ARCEUS, NO. I'd handle Contests, movies, Pokeathlatons or whatever, but NO MORE MUSICALS.

And like everyone else, I'd get a kick out of character customization.

*Egg group systems being changed (current systems appeared to have problems. For example, Oshawott cannot breed with other Water starters excluding Piplup, and Shedinja should be in Undiscovered egg group)

Eelektross in Monster/Water 1 and Gardevoir in Human-Like instead of Amorphous.

Me, I'd like:
  • At least 126 new Pokémon
  • A female Dark-type Gym Leader (who also likes being in the dark and rarely goes outside at day)
  • Both parents of the protagonist being in the game (the only games where the both of the protagonist's parents are in are the Hoenn games, apparently)
  • More Ice-type Pokémon
  • More Ghost-type Pokémon
  • Two new types (Light; Sound) with their own Gym Leaders (There's probably no chance that this'll happen)
  • More pure Flying-type Pokémon (at least three or four)
  • Either no musical, or allow the player to at least do something in them (so that it's not as boring as it is in B1/B2/W1/W2)
  • At least two new Eeveelutions (or Eeveelutions for each type that doesn't have one yet)
  • A female Ice-type Gym Leader (who is also the seventh Gym Leader of the "nameless" region)
  • Character customization
  • The villainous team having a female leader
  • Three rivals (that's probably insane, though)
  • Being able to obtain all starters without trading with another person unless said trade is with an non-player character (I guess that's just me wishing this)
  • More Trainer types (such as fire fighters, clothing designers, architects and teenage schoolkids - I consider the current schoolkids class to be under 14)
  • A Gym that specializes not in a type, but in a battle style (i.e. Double or Triple Battles)
  • New kinds of Poké Balls as well as the return of old ones (like the Fast Ball)
  • Professor Oak visiting the region
  • An airport where one has to go to to fly to another part of the region
  • Underground ruins
  • A Trainer with six Legendary Pokémon, one from every main series region, that can only be battled after defeating the Champion

... Most of the things I would like are probably weird, I guess.

oh right forgot about the fact that the PC's are 10 year olds. :shy: then maybe pokemon dating :lol:

Well, there's always the Pokemon Daycare and breeding them...

Anyhow, to stay on topic... One thing I would like to see is the return of a proper Poke gadget, like the PokeGear or even PokeTech. The C-Gear was really disappointing, and I've never once used it.

Back
Top Bottom