• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I want vendors to sell at least ether. seems like an item that should be sold.

This is the one remaining limiting factor in the game that makes it difficult! I'm fairly sure that everyone here is extremely careful about saving PP restore items for the Elite 4. Maybe if you could buy them after that, but I like not having too many beforehand.

What I want: Ruby/Sapphire contests!

It was a perfect, enjoyable format with real strategy. AND you could even do a double-journey because the contest halls were spread across the region! It was like having 3 distinct climaxes in the same game, with one ending in Lilycove, one ending in Sootopolis, and one ending in Evergrande!

I want my voting round + appeal round, and 5 contest types, and move combos, and an excitement meter, and Helen and Wobet!

Last edited:
Personally I want moving weather patterns, not just have one area where it typically rains, and another area where it typically hails, or have the weather decided by a legendary in a area. That isn't how weather reacts. Have a weather radar built into what ever handheld tool the player gets, that can show storm fronts moving through the region, something like this would be pretty easy to do, but also make things a whole lot more realistic.

I agree with this so bad. They really need to introduce this, because the "weather system" they have now is extremely dull.

I wonder how they'll handle the "Surf" and "Fly" animations (if the HMs are kept as they currently are) now that the games will be in full 3D.

Hopefully they won't continue with the "Pokemon changes into a ball and flies up" concept. I guess it made sense when backsprites used to be half, but I never understood why they continued to use it in BW/B2W2.

Speaking of which, it would be neat if Golurk flies like he does in the anime.
(He retracts his legs and shoots fire from his bottom)

I had a bit of a (possibly strange) idea for the out-of-battle uses of HMs. Like, you pick the Pokemon you want to use and then a short little video thing comes up with the Pokemon chosen actually coming out of its Poke Ball with the trainer climbing on its back (for Surf and Fly). It'd be mandatory to see it the first time you use a move outside of battle, but then after that, if you want to skip it, you just hold down a button (kind of like what FRLG did for healing items outside of battle).

As for in-battle, though... I have no idea. I really hope they don't use the ball-flying-into-sky thing again.

I hope they get rid of the stupid "event Pokémon" concept. It's very unfair for some people. I mean, not everyone lives in America and Japan, okay Game Freak? They never make any of those events in Latin America; only in Mexico. Just let us get every single Pokémon by normal means.

I still want the weather varieties in Gen 6, I really like having different weather in the game.

I want vendors to sell at least ether. seems like an item that should be sold.

This is the one remaining limiting factor in the game that makes it difficult! I'm fairly sure that everyone here is extremely careful about saving PP restore items for the Elite 4. Maybe if you could buy them after that, but I like not having too many beforehand.

I never use PP restore items cause I never have any issue of PP running out, and I never use PP Up/Max, but I guess other people might be in need them, and I think it would help them if they were a little more available.

I hope they get rid of the stupid "event Pokémon" concept. It's very unfair for some people. I mean, not everyone lives in America and Japan, okay Game Freak? They never make any of those events in Latin America; only in Mexico. Just let us get every single Pokémon by normal means.

I know they're distributed unfairly, but instead of making every Pokemon available by normal means, cause I think that is kind of defeating the purpose of pursuing them, I think they should distribute them better instead. Preferably through Wi-fi, cause then you don't have to travel to a store just to get it.

I personally dislike when they distribute Pokemon through Gamestop or Toys R Us, cause Gamestop always forces you to pre-order something to be able to get it (and I pre-order games from another place), and the nearest Toys R Us is an hour and a half away from me. It's so much easier when they choose the Wi-fi option instead, and I want them to do that more in the future.

I would like the opportunity of battling all PC Character of Previous Game in PMT .
And all of them has 6 different Pokemon from 6 different Generation .

I want better excuses for not letting us access a certain location. B2W2 had some pathetically lame excuses. I couldn't go to Route 14 because some guys were dancing?! I couldn't use the Marine Tube because a man was cleaning?! For days?!?! Please, at least make it somewhat believable.

Secret bases.

They were one of the best things about R/S/E, and I loved the customizability. They'll look even more snazzy in 3D.

I personally dislike when they distribute Pokemon through Gamestop or Toys R Us, cause Gamestop always forces you to pre-order something to be able to get it (and I pre-order games from another place), and the nearest Toys R Us is an hour and a half away from me. It's so much easier when they choose the Wi-fi option instead, and I want them to do that more in the future.

Gamestop has never forced a preorder on me before... They shouldn't do it for you either because all you do is go, pull out your system and download.

Now, if they do go against store policy and do that to you, there's always the parking lot. I've done it numerous times, the signal will reach you from there (unless yours is in a mall, in which case, you could still just download without entering the store from the hallways.

But, I do agree, events should go away. They should from now on just offer the event pokemon as DLC (not all DLC requires money. These shouldn't either). That way they are available from your home and will never go away.

I'm not sure if anyone said this or not because I'm not reading these 153 pages

-an option to have a second save file without buying another game
-ability to go to another region somehow, that's why heartgold/soulsilver/gold/silver are my favorite games
-ability to change clothing instead of having one outfit that everyone else wears
-a better story
-more challenging cpu(s)

I hope they make Corsica a smaller second region (like the Sevii Isles in FRLG). Not a major region, but I'd like to see it be separate from the main region of X & Y

I think they should make a game where at the start you can choose which region you start of at and when you beat the elite four you can go on a plane to one of the other regions and battle the elite four from that region and keep going into you beat all the elite fours and then you choose a region and buy your own house.

that would be awesome

Gamestop has never forced a preorder on me before... They shouldn't do it for you either because all you do is go, pull out your system and download.

Now, if they do go against store policy and do that to you, there's always the parking lot. I've done it numerous times, the signal will reach you from there (unless yours is in a mall, in which case, you could still just download without entering the store from the hallways.

But, I do agree, events should go away. They should from now on just offer the event pokemon as DLC (not all DLC requires money. These shouldn't either). That way they are available from your home and will never go away.

I went to a Gamestop in a mall during the time you could get Keldeo, and asked if I could download it from them. They answered by saying that I needed to pre-order either B2 or W2 to be able to get Keldeo. I said I had already pre-ordered it from another place and after a little friendly conversation about which was the best option (Gamestop was actually the more expensive of the two) I said no thanks and went out again. I had actually thought about "hiding" in there to try to download Keldeo without talking to them first, but after I asked I decided not to try cause they would've probably kept their eyes on me.

Didn't think about standing in the hallways though, but oh well. I went to Toys R Us some day later and easily downloaded it there. Such a hassle, hope they do less store events in Gen VI, preferably none at all.

I think they should make a game where at the start you can choose which region you start of at and when you beat the elite four you can go on a plane to one of the other regions and battle the elite four from that region and keep going into you beat all the elite fours and then you choose a region and buy your own house.

that would be awesome

I'm going to quote myself:
2. Travel between all regions is overdoing it, imo. Visiting one other region besides the main one is okay, but please, not all.

3. The thing about new Pokemon games is to have an adventure in a new region and explore new places never before seen and not about re-visiting old regions all the time cause Trainers happen to know them best. Only visiting places you already know isn't so adventourus, either. Besides, what would exactly happen everywhere? There would barely be anything new, anywhere.

Last edited:
@Bendyus yeah, you don't need to ask them. They don't actually do the download, it is just available there. Still is a pain that you have to go somewhere to do it and it really shouldn't exist now that you have the ability to connect to wifi at home

Yeah, but since I've never actually went to a Gamestop before to download a Pokemon (I've always went to Toys R Us) I decided to ask first, since I wasn't sure every Gamestop participated. I also read about other people's experiences and kind of just followed what they did. I don't live in the US either so it might be different here.

Still, if the download is simply available for easy access then I don't understand why they would force one to pre-order first.

A Chance to go on date like Inazuma Eleven.
In Inazuma Eleven , The Player can date 2 different girl depending on the version.
So I like the same opportunity as well in Pokemon X & Y.

In Inazuma Eleven , The Player can date 2 different girl depending on the version.

i hope we don't end up with anything like that. :/

if you want to play a dating sim then go buy a dating sim.
what *i* want to play is pokemon.

Me too. I don't get why people want to freaking date in a POKÉMON game. It's like asking for a first-person shooter mode. It just doesn't fit.

Me too. I don't get why people want to freaking date in a POKÉMON game. It's like asking for a first-person shooter mode. It just doesn't fit.

Not to mention that the characters in the game are minors! Σ(゜ロ゜;)

I mean they definitely couldn't publish a game with anything super-skeevy going on, but having a romance plot with a couple of kids would feel kinda gross to me... (; ̄Д ̄)

I really want to be able to customize our characters. We got it in Battle Revolution, but the game was not what I was hoping for. I want customization so bad!

Back
Top Bottom