• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I hope no one said this because im not reading 166 pages.
I WANT YOUR POKEMON TO FOLLOW YOU D@MN!T

Also, I agree with the person above me.

Also, I've probably said enough already about the GTS restrictions, but this is exactly why I think they're absolutely necessary.
hFB713736

Who on earth would search a Patrat through GTS?

Consider this: You have two games and one console, you want to transfer a Pokémon between games. At least I have used "offers" like this to transfer my Pokémon, because, see, Lv.100 Rayquaza is a totally legit Pokémon, and nobody in their senses would search a Patrat through GTS so I think I don't screw anyone's search.

A VERY different case are the brats who ask for a Lv.9 Reshiram, a Pokémon completely unobtainable on that level.
I've tried single-console trading on GTS. It didn't work D: well, at least in Gen IV.

Also, I've probably said enough already about the GTS restrictions, but this is exactly why I think they're absolutely necessary.
hFB713736

Who on earth would search a Patrat through GTS?

Consider this: You have two games and one console, you want to transfer a Pokémon between games. At least I have used "offers" like this to transfer my Pokémon, because, see, Lv.100 Rayquaza is a totally legit Pokémon, and nobody in their senses would search a Patrat through GTS so I think I don't screw anyone's search.

A VERY different case are the brats who ask for a Lv.9 Reshiram, a Pokémon completely unobtainable on that level.
I've tried single-console trading on GTS. It didn't work D: well, at least in Gen IV.

Limit your search as much as possible... gender, level and country. Actually, my country is not very big so my offer almost always appears among less than three, or even is the only one. But bigger countries shouldn't mean a trouble if played well.

Make stronger Poison-type Pokémon. Something that would immediately be ranked in the Overused group. In fact, why not make this generation's titan be Poison type? Out of the 5 titans (I don't like to count Metagross) only ONE has not been part Dragon. A poison type with HUGE base stats, that's what I would like.
Metagross is one. Why don't you count it?

Because I associate the term "titan" with huge, intimidating dinosaur-like Pokémon, not with a strange UFO look-alike. I do know that Metagross is a titan, but I don't consider it one. I just don't think it fits in the group.

Even if Metagross might be the odd one in the group, the "titans" isn't grouped together because appearance, they're grouped together because they all have specific things in common. In this case: a three-stage evolutionary line, 1,250,000 experience at level 100 and a BST of 600, with the last one being the part that probably weights the most. Metagross fits these requirements, so it's a "titan", or "pseudo-legendary", whenever you like it or not.

Speaking of pseudo-legendaries, I wonder if Gen VI's version will be a Dragon-type/based on a dragon-like creature or if they'll go a different route again. Even if I personally love dragons, that would be really fun to see. What if they introduce two again?

I know, I know. I know it's a titan with all its rights and it meets all the requirements, and I know the term is not for those with a determined appearance, but I just don't see it as a titan and don't like to count it as one.

You know what else needs removal other than Gen wars and GTS? "That guy who thinks technology is amazing/incredible/etc in every starter town" and "Blackboard of status aliments at a Pokemon school" running gag needs to stop. IT'S SO F**KING ANNOYING!!!!!

You know what else needs removal other than Gen wars and GTS? "That guy who thinks technology is amazing/incredible/etc in every starter town" and "Blackboard of status aliments at a Pokemon school" running gag needs to stop. IT'S SO F**KING ANNOYING!!!!!
I've seen that guy twice ever. The blackboard... It's actually useful for new players. If you're forced to visit the trainer school, it's to see the gym leader.
I reckon it's fine :3
Although, there needs to be a "skip tutorial" option from the start, just so we get no catching tutorials.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but i want customizable pokemon. when i fight a friend, i want my pokemon to stand out, but they all look the same. clothes for your pokemon to wear would be nice. like in the pokemon musical, but you could actually wear them in battle. it would be nice to fight my friend with a snivy with a top hat a cane, and a bow tie. :3

Not sure if anyone else mentioned, but I'd love something similar to Join Avenue, such a wonderful convenient little place that you level up yourself to get any item you would want/need. Berries, fossils, EV training, and massive amounts of Milk.

Seriously I hope we get something like it for GEN 6.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but i want customizable pokemon. when i fight a friend, i want my pokemon to stand out, but they all look the same. clothes for your pokemon to wear would be nice. like in the pokemon musical, but you could actually wear them in battle. it would be nice to fight my friend with a snivy with a top hat a cane, and a bow tie. :3

This would be literally the BEST thing EVER. Well, maybe not ever, but it would be super amazing.

Is it weird that I would have put Snivy in a top hat and cane as well?

I would like different difficulty levels from the start, the whole map available from the start and the AI to determine the opponents/wild Pokemons levels!!! All 3 ideas go together as well.

If the AI determines the level of the opponents/wild Pokemon then you could travel anywhere in the map and start at any gym with no problem. On the higher difficulty levels, gym leaders could always be 5-10 levels higher than you to make it more of a challenge. The story could be made to have several sub-stories that all center around the final gym which could be the peak of the main story.
After having the PWT in B2W2 I would love to see a top 16 tournament after you collect the badges and once you win it, you get to battle the elite four and champion!

A few other things that I'm sure have been mentioned in the previous 166 pages are
- two save files
- Pokemon follow you
- Choice to make HM's as special abilities only and not a move

I would like different difficulty levels from the start, the whole map available from the start and the AI to determine the opponents/wild Pokemons levels!!! All 3 ideas go together as well.

If the AI determines the level of the opponents/wild Pokemon then you could travel anywhere in the map and start at any gym with no problem. On the higher difficulty levels, gym leaders could always be 5-10 levels higher than you to make it more of a challenge. The story could be made to have several sub-stories that all center around the final gym which could be the peak of the main story.
After having the PWT in B2W2 I would love to see a top 16 tournament after you collect the badges and once you win it, you get to battle the elite four and champion!

A few other things that I'm sure have been mentioned in the previous 166 pages are
- two save files
- Pokemon follow you
- Choice to make HM's as special abilities only and not a move

Thats an even better idea then what I had! I was just gonna stay make HM's deletable but special abilities is better.

Pokemon should follow you. They did it in yellow (sure it was with one pokemon but whatever) and they did it in heart gold and silver soul so they should really be able to do it now.

I want two save files too. Personally I want like three but i'll settle.

I really want some customization... I'd be happy if all we could do is change are clothes or what ever just really we need some customization.

And lastly a better way to transfer your pokemon from you older game to your newer one. Those mimi games just sort of suck -_-

I jotted down a few ideas that really stuck out to me:
-Female Rival: I would love to see a serious, kind of mean, Blue/Green-esque rival. She pushes you, she mocks you a little and in the end, you have to put her down like you would Blue/Green. No more Dawn/Bianca indeed
-Contests/Secret Bases/Mining: I would like Gen III contest to show up again. They were fun and giving Pokemon moves they wouldn't normally have or need was fun! I liked to mine for rocks, ores and junk in DPPt, too. It added that depth to get ahead a little if you decided. Base work was just fun
-V.S. Seeker: This would be fantastic. Aside from crushing on certain NPCs it was nice to decide when I got to battle, or if I was training a weaker Mon and didn't want to waste time in the grass looking for a specific Pokemon or running from Pokemon I had no advantage against
-DLC Events: This would be nice instead of driving around town looking for whichever Gamestop/Toys 'R' Us has it. Especially when you got multiple copies and are in peoples way
-Berries: I would like berry trees, also. Berry pots MAYBE (I seemed to forget them a lot in this) but as long as berries are available whenever I would enjoy this
-Better GTS: Aside from everyone and their own specific ideas, I think a improved GTS would be kinda nice. Just restrict any legendary Pokemon that is underleveled (Lv.9 Reshi). I would like to look for a Mincinno without being asked for something I can't provide without cheating, which I'm against myself
-Battle Previous Champs/Gym Leaders: Pokemon World Tournie was nice but I didn't care for it much- I would like a little house like in Platinum or a call function to challenge previous gym leaders! And hey, maybe even new ones! There are many Pokemon out there, they can make some wicked parties. Plus speaking roles would make me adore Crasher Wake and not just be sad he was all silent :(
-Sidequests: More of these so I don't just blow through the story line like I did in B2, that way I don't have the urge to start over always.
-Auto Run: not holding the B button is very nice. HG/SS had the right idea there
Optional HMs: Making Strenght and Surf non mandatory was fantastic in Gen V. I would like this to continue so I don't have to waste a slot with a move I've used a billon times unless I'm exploring a zone that isn't part of the story.
AND MOST OF ALL!!!
Customization: What if I want to wear some fab glasses or a beret? Scarf, anyone? Maybe some cute boots? I'd like to customize this (they can even do DLC for past trainer outfits). What if I want to dress like a sailor or a hiker? I think this would be the thing I want most- certain hairstyles and clothing. It'd be fun :)

Pokemon should follow you. They did it in yellow (sure it was with one pokemon but whatever) and they did it in heart gold and silver soul so they should really be able to do it now.

Even in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon your partner follows you around and many fans want this so it DEFINITELY should be included. In B2W2 they showed the Pokemon running around outside their Pokeballs and people could follow you so it should have already been included.

I really want some customization... I'd be happy if all we could do is change are clothes or what ever just really we need some customization.

And lastly a better way to transfer your pokemon from you older game to your newer one. Those mimi games just sort of suck -_-

The 3DS cartridge is meant to have a much bigger capacity than the DS so all of this should be possible. Even though B2W2 has challenge mode I'm hesitant to try it simply because I've clocked 110 hours on my game and if I restart that's all gone to waste, they NEED 2 save files!

Another thing I would like is more RPG elements for example when going against Team Plasma, you lose to Ghetsis so you get taken by plasma goons and the champion (Iris) or someone similar comes to save you then you have to battle your way out of their base again and try redeem yourself. I'd also like to be able to lose to my rival and have them become champion just before I make it to the elite four so our final battle is a major one.

Pokemon has traditionally tended to avoid any scenarios where you're trapped in an area till you beat it, or lose, so something like that probably wouldn't occur...

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see an "escape scenario" in a Pokemon game where all your Pokemon are taken away and you have to do some stealth segments through the Evil Team Base in order to reclaim them one-by-one, with the idea being that you can either power your way through if you have a strong Pokemon, or focus on stealth till you get back your stronger ones who can beat the Grunts.

I'd like some nice little touches, like how at the beginning of BW, after leaving your house, there would either be a group of Woobat (night) or a flock of Pidove (day) which would fly away. Maybe, for the first time you enter each area (like the first time you left your house in BW), you'd get some nice little touches like that. So on the first route maybe you'd see one or two of the regional rodent that would scurry away etc. The overworld always feel so lacking in encounters with Pokemon like that. It literally just feels like it's just humans, humans, humans... except for the long grass. It gets a little boring.

Get rid of the whole breeders challenging you every time you reenter their route. It's an absolute pain in the ass, especially in places where you have to leave the route to heal and then return. Make it so you can rechallenge them any time by talking to them, but not that they initiate battles all the time.

AND MOST OF ALL!!!
Customization: What if I want to wear some fab glasses or a beret? Scarf, anyone? Maybe some cute boots? I'd like to customize this (they can even do DLC for past trainer outfits). What if I want to dress like a sailor or a hiker? I think this would be the thing I want most- certain hairstyles and clothing. It'd be fun :)

Yes, this! For ages I've always wondered why on earth you couldn't customise the way you actually look. Maybe you could find certain things and customise clothes, accessories, etc. And I love the thought of being able to obtain the old Red and Blue outfits.

Even in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon your partner follows you around and many fans want this so it DEFINITELY should be included. In B2W2 they showed the Pokemon running around outside their Pokeballs and people could follow you so it should have already been included.

Well at least I'm not they only one who played through the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series (; I almost forgot about that though... it's the simple things that can make you happy.

Oh like having a fire starter that doesn't turn into a fire fighting starter would be so nice. It was good the first couple times but now... just please no.

The 3DS cartridge is meant to have a much bigger capacity than the DS so all of this should be possible. Even though B2W2 has challenge mode I'm hesitant to try it simply because I've clocked 110 hours on my game and if I restart that's all gone to waste, they NEED 2 save files!

Another thing I would like is more RPG elements for example when going against Team Plasma, you lose to Ghetsis so you get taken by plasma goons and the champion (Iris) or someone similar comes to save you then you have to battle your way out of their base again and try redeem yourself. I'd also like to be able to lose to my rival and have them become champion just before I make it to the elite four so our final battle is a major one.

Those 3ds cartridges are huge. I'm no tec wiz but even I know that they should be able to hold more stuff... I didn't play pokemon black two (yet) but that would be cool if something like that happened. Even though you couldn't pay me enough money to lose to Bianca. She was just such a stereotypical weak blonde. But I guess Blue was a stereotypical jerk and so was Sliver but hey at least they were fun to battle.

Pokemon Following you!
Moar Save Files.
Pokeathalon + Contest's + Musical + more, I want as much of these kinda things as possible there needs to be more ways to interact with your mons.
More special Pokemon e.g how Drifloon appeared at the Windworks on a Friday and the Red Gyarados... I'd love for more of those.
To be able to customize your trainer.
I want the underground to return it was a great way to earn Items and I loved digging up fossils and doing the activities.
A dark type gym would be great too.​

The only thing I can think of would be to use some gym/Elite 4 types that haven't been done before. We've yet to have a Dark type gym or a Normal, Grass, Electric, Rock, or Flying Elite 4 member, we could use some of those now.

Back
Top Bottom