• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Imagine if we could go into space in the next game.

Maybe a space shuttle could take us to a planet where there are wild Clefairys (is it Clefairies or Clefairys?), Lunatone, Solrock, Zubat (that abomination can NOT be from the regular PokePlanet), Grimer, Muk, and more Pokemon that are related to space.
On a special planet, possible an event-only one, a Cresselia would be found on it. The planet would be far away from PokePlanet and you would have to get a special part, the
Zaxal Gear, from an event to give to a rocket engineer to go to the planet.

The Zaxal Gear would also give you access to a further planet, which has talking Pokemon that are roughly the size of you and have more advanced towns, aka the world of Mystery Dungeon. Only one dungeon is accessible, however, the Cuuarco Cave. This is a strange land that warps time. You have to send out your Pokemon to walk with you, because Pokemon will attack you too fast to get your Pokeball out. It will be a lot like Mystery Dungeon. At the end of the dungeon, you can find the golden Ho-Oh Ash saw at the start of the series.

There is also a telescope you can use on the planet. If you look though it, you can see the Milky Way, including Earth.

On another planet, you can find Deoxys. However, the planet would be highly toxic, and you would need to get a special suit from an event to go. The planet is very hostile (and I mean Zubat-everywhere-you-look hostile) so Deoxys transforms into a new forme when it's there. It changes back when it leaves the planet, but a rock from the planet can keep him in the new forme. Basically, Girantina.

Now, back to the special Ho-oh. If you go to the starting town, Ash will be there with his new companions. Show the golden Ho-Oh to him, and he'll freak out over it and asks if he can battle with you, so he can see the golden Ho-Oh's power. You must use the gold Ho-Oh. If you win, Ash thanks you with a special Pokemon exclusive to him that cannot be found anywhere else in the game.
That would be a cool idea. Another one would be (I think Mr. XY mentioned it, and it's the only reason I wished he was right) is time travel. Like, in Kanto, instead of having to get the flute to pass snorlax, you time travel to when it was a Munchlax or before it was even there and get passed. Even better, in Unova, you could have used time traveling to go back in time and stop the two brothers from fighting and causing Zekyuram to split, and have the chance to capture the OD. Most these ideas would be cool for remakes of said regions.
Anyway, one thing about your idea I don't get is Ash ...Is it Ash or Red? I just assumed you meant Red... but Red didn't see a Ho-OH...as far as we know (Also, unrelated did Zaxal come from Yugioh Zexal?)
The anime one. Ash would probably be somewhere near the first town when the games are released. Just a nice little tie in with the games and the anime. Maybe he's from another dimension. That would cut out the questions that can be answered only with "because the anime physics are different than the game physics" like Ash's Pikachu seeming to be able to hit even Ground-types.

... That would actually make for a pretty interesting anime-based event. I don't think it even needs the "alternate dimension" explanation, since the games can ignore the anime's physics as easily as the anime ignores the games'. (Besides, the fan rage at seeing the hero of their despised anime show up in the games would be hilarious to behold. :p)

Imagine if we could go into space in the next game.

Maybe a space shuttle could take us to a planet where there are wild Clefairys (is it Clefairies or Clefairys?), Lunatone, Solrock, Zubat (that abomination can NOT be from the regular PokePlanet), Grimer, Muk, and more Pokemon that are related to space.
On a special planet, possible an event-only one, a Cresselia would be found on it. The planet would be far away from PokePlanet and you would have to get a special part, the
Zaxal Gear, from an event to give to a rocket engineer to go to the planet.

The Zaxal Gear would also give you access to a further planet, which has talking Pokemon that are roughly the size of you and have more advanced towns, aka the world of Mystery Dungeon. Only one dungeon is accessible, however, the Cuuarco Cave. This is a strange land that warps time. You have to send out your Pokemon to walk with you, because Pokemon will attack you too fast to get your Pokeball out. It will be a lot like Mystery Dungeon. At the end of the dungeon, you can find the golden Ho-Oh Ash saw at the start of the series.

There is also a telescope you can use on the planet. If you look though it, you can see the Milky Way, including Earth.

On another planet, you can find Deoxys. However, the planet would be highly toxic, and you would need to get a special suit from an event to go. The planet is very hostile (and I mean Zubat-everywhere-you-look hostile) so Deoxys transforms into a new forme when it's there. It changes back when it leaves the planet, but a rock from the planet can keep him in the new forme. Basically, Girantina.

Now, back to the special Ho-oh. If you go to the starting town, Ash will be there with his new companions. Show the golden Ho-Oh to him, and he'll freak out over it and asks if he can battle with you, so he can see the golden Ho-Oh's power. You must use the gold Ho-Oh. If you win, Ash thanks you with a special Pokemon exclusive to him that cannot be found anywhere else in the game.

It is just clefairy, you do not add an S at the end of a Pokemon's name when referring to more than one.

I like the idea of traveling to Space in a Pokemon game. I'd prefer it to only be in Space for a short amount of time, as part of the plot, or even as an extra post game event. I also like the idea of time traveling, and having part of the plot as going back in time once or twice throughout the story.

Random thought. After beating the game, when you enter the player characters room a 'game boy' will be sitting on the desk. Interacting with the game boy will enable u to pick it up and play the original 'Red or Blue' versions. Playing a game within a game.... Itd be an Amazing Bonus.

Random thought. After beating the game, when you enter the player characters room a 'game boy' will be sitting on the desk. Interacting with the game boy will enable u to pick it up and play the original 'Red or Blue' versions. Playing a game within a game.... Itd be an Amazing Bonus.
It would be. And it wouldn't even take up that much space. Red and Blue were like 1 MB each, and guessing X and Y will be 3-6 GB, it would take up pretty much nothing at all. That is, if they are the exact same original games.... That said, would they fix ALL the glitches present in those games? And change the Dex to include evos of Pokes added in later gens? And add steel type to Magnemite/ton?

The problem is not the game data size, but the emulation/translation libraries required internally to make said software code run on a system four generations removed from the original hardware. Or they recompile the code to run on 3DS hardware, but either way that requires extensive testing to ensure that it works as faithfully as the original did.

Emulation is not as easy as it looks from a glance.

Here's something I'd like to see; it's an evolution line I came up with a few years ago:
-Stage 1: A little humanoid creature, about the size of a chimp and with similar posture. It has a grass skirt and holds a small spear as a weapon, and it has a tribal mask over its face. The mask is similar to the skull on Cubone's head, where nobody really knows what its face looks like under it, except in this case there's the added question about whether the mask is really a mask or the Pokemon's real face.
-Stage 2: A shaman. It becomes taller and more erect. The spear turns into a staff and the mask becomes smaller. It gains a series of red painted markings over its chest, and gets necklace of beads.
-Stage 3: A chief. The mask is gone and replaced with war paint, a small bone through its nose, and either a leaf or feather crown. The bead necklace becomes more complex and extravagant. The Pokemon becomes taller, much more toned, and fully erect. Its staff becomes a scepter with a skull at the top.

What do you think?

i would really like an evolution to marowak, houndoom, farfetched, rapidash, pinser, persian, and floatzel.

A legitamate way to get arceus in the story line. There is the unused God Stone dummy code in BW BW2, why not take advantage of it.

A legitamate way to get arceus in the story line. There is the unused God Stone dummy code in BW BW2, why not take advantage of it.
THe God Stone was actually going to be for Kyreum, along with the Black and White stones. It got cut out, however, and Kyreum was dumped into the Giant Chasm until next game.

I wonder why it was called the God Stone..?

Anyways...I think that re-releasing Victini would also be a good move. That little pokemon is the best :)

I wonder why it was called the God Stone..?

Probably because it was meant to reassemble the Original Dragon, the God of Unova.

Anyways...I think that re-releasing Victini would also be a good move. That little pokemon is the best :)

Victini's been released at least twice already. They can afford to give it a rest for now.

Hmm... I just think they could do more with different legendaries, I mean, in BW2, they re-released Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf, and Heatran. Why not Victini?

Hmm... I just think they could do more with different legendaries, I mean, in BW2, they re-released Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf, and Heatran. Why not Victini?

Most of the legendaries they put in BW2 were ones that hadn't been catchable since Platinum. Victini has had at least two events, both of which were released in BW1. There's some other older event legendaries that would be better choices, like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, or Shaymin.

A good gameplay layout may include:

- Snow Mountains (very rarely used)
- Some sort of set of islands. If it is based on Europe, this would add more verity to the gameplay. I found it a bit confusing in BW/BW2 in the fact that the region was based on New York, so one side had freezing conditions, one side sunny, and one side a desert. If they want to do that in XY, splitting it up into islands may be more realistic.
- Some different legendaries for once. I would like to see Mew (over MewTwo/Three again - HGSS), Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, maybe Shaymin, Victini, Meloetta, aswell as the two main legendaries. Maybe if they implant a system so that how you play the game (like when it asks you "do you want a pokedex?") change the gameplay, and therefore alter which legendaries and pokemon are available to you. Maybe change it so that you can only catch x legendary (no pun intended) in x season. I mean, you won't see Shaymin in the winter (if what I read about its behaviour is true.) And you may not see Jirachi/Deoxys in the day. Maybe implement a month rotor, rather than a season rotor that changes each month. Make the game real time. People will play it for a lot longer.

Last edited:
Actually, an archipelago for a Region would be nice. I really doubt it would happen, especially since this wouldn't match up with our current geography, but it would be cool if Gen VI's Region was a series of islands based on various European countries.

Maybe implement a month rotor, rather than a season rotor that changes each month. Make the game real time. People will play it for a lot longer.

False, spreading out content to different seasons, months, or what have you doesn't magically increase the amount of time people spend playing the game, it just spreads that same play time over a larger period of time.

What if X and Y abandoned the realtime clock in favor of a simple in-game clock system?

What if X and Y abandoned the realtime clock in favor of a simple in-game clock system?

That probably wouldn't happen, as the day clock already works on 24/7. It is a way of making the player play the game more, as there are different pokemon throughout the day available.

I would love to see more evolutions for Hoenn pokemon. Especially Torkoal and Tropius. :)

Back
Top Bottom